peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 4, 11 12:29 AM
This game has achievements! I love those!
3 choices of mode, I have been trying hardcore and it seems to be fun, just the right difficulty for me so far. Not too easy and not so I am pulling my hair out! LOL!
Looking forward to seeing comments on this game, as I predict a lot positive ones.
Have a great Sunday everyone and whatever you do have fun

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Comments for 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 4, 11 1:48 AM
Finished the game and totally enjoyed it. Now on the Bonus Chapter and totally frustrated since it has me running all over the place and find the SG and Hint system not very helpful. Will keep plugging away since I expect I only have one scene left before I finish.

I don't know what it is about the current games that have one going to and fro constantly. I guess to make it appear longer and therefore worth the price of a CE. I am in total opposition to this trend. I have 100's of games I have purchased over the years, and much prefer the old ones.

Edited on 12/04/2011 at 1:49:21 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 4, 11 1:53 AM
Just to add, clear and sharp graphics. Fun puzzles, some normal and a few new ones, so far..................................
Clear H0 scenes not junkpile.
Overall 5 from me. Well done for finding this game for us, albeit a double priced game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 4, 11 2:01 AM
Hi Ann,

I agree with you--love the achievements. And a very well done game. When I see games of this quality I don't mind the double price at all----and this type of quality has shown me that the devs that have been around a while cranking out the old style games (black bars, minimal bonus content, etc.) need to clean up their side of the street because they are being badly outshined and I'm through paying double for those games when there are games of THIS quality for the same money. LOVE both CEs this week!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 4, 11 2:17 AM
Love the sense of humor in the comments made in the text of the game--indicative of the attention to detail in the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 4, 11 2:36 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Finished the game and totally enjoyed it.

This game came out as TGT at 12.00 midnight PST, and your post was made at 1.48am PST. And you are telling us you have already finished the main game.

So, are you saying the whole of the main game only took you about 1 hour and 45 minutes to play?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 4, 11 2:48 AM
Valdy wrote:

This game came out as TGT at 12.00 midnight PST, and your post was made at 1.48am PST. And you are telling us you have already finished the main game.

So, are you saying the whole of the main game only took you about 1 hour and 45 minutes to play?

Sorry Tutte but I have to agree with Valdy! That is not possible! LOL!
Did you buy it elsewhere?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 4, 11 2:50 AM
Valdy wrote:

I played for one hour and still in chapter 1.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 4, 11 2:57 AM
Wow, I am not a speedy player, yet I find it really difficult to believe that anyone could get through this game this quickly. I have played for the past two and a half hours and I feel like I have a long way to go. But then again, I take everything in too. When the voices are good, I listen to them, rather than speed read through the storyline. The puzzles take a bit of time to figure out, too. And I love the humor that is evident. So far it has been pure enjoyment, and I will pick it up and continue after sleep. Or start over with my grandsons, who were too sleepy to start it with me, lol.

tutpeeve...are you sure you are playing the same game as the rest of us? Maybe you are in the wrong game forum. Just a thought...or is your comp on super speed meth or something similar?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 4, 11 4:46 AM
peglegann wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Maybe finished the demo and totally enjoyed IT?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 4, 11 5:19 AM
tj1147 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Didn't you read the part where Tuttepeever said she (or he) is now doing the bonus game?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 4, 11 5:24 AM
I played now for 3 1/2 hours and still not finished. I think that Tutte the game elsewhere bought.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 4, 11 6:37 AM
Valdy wrote:
tj1147 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Didn't you read the part where Tuttepeever said she (or he) is now doing the bonus game?

Yes, when I went back and reread the original post, I did. I think I probably just replied to a "reply" without looking at Tuttepeever's first post. I apologize. I also find it difficult to understand how the game could be finished so fast....I stopped the demo in Chapter One without completing the whole chapter! I do look forward to buying and playing this beautiufl game!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 4, 11 6:58 AM
After the Dark Parables CE, this one was a "study in OWS brown". And the mind-numbing identical mini-puzzles were annoying at best. My favorite feature, the Skip button. Voice talent brought to you by the Scarsdale Junior High Glee Club.

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Dec 4, 11 7:06 AM
Coronagold wrote:After the Dark Parables CE, this one was a "study in OWS brown". And the mind-numbing identical mini-puzzles were annoying at best. My favorite feature, the Skip button. Voice talent brought to you by the Scarsdale Junior High Glee Club.

Just wondering which game you played.
Dark Parable was a real let down after the first two games, but never mind, this is a question of taste.

But 9 has, in part, original puzzle and in first hand logic puzzle. If someone's favorite feature for this kind of puzzles is the skip button... in my opinion this says more about the player than the game.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Dec 4, 11 7:18 AM
I wasn't going to buy another CE.... I wasn't.... and then my hour ended half-way through a puzzle ( I usually finish demos with lots of time to spare).
So I pressed 'buy'.
Drat you Big Fish ... you've got me again!
( I am not an addict...I am not an addict... I can stop this any time I like... once I've finished this game....)
This is great - I'm trying it on hardcore too and loving every minute so far...
.....just gotta get back to it now....

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 4, 11 8:06 AM
I've already posted my review, but I just had to add this.

Loved this line:-

"If I try to go down this hole without a rope I really will be the Last Descendant."

Cracked me up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 4, 11 8:41 AM
Sheerija wrote:I've already posted my review, but I just had to add this.

Loved this line:-

"If I try to go down this hole without a rope I really will be the Last Descendant."

Cracked me up.

And what about the missing piece of a puzzle: "Where art thou, oh missing piece" or something like that. That was rather funny.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 4, 11 8:48 AM
tj1147 wrote:
Valdy wrote:
tj1147 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Valdy wrote:

Yes, when I went back and reread the original post, I did. I think I probably just replied to a "reply" without looking at Tuttepeever's first post. I apologize. I also find it difficult to understand how the game could be finished so fast....I stopped the demo in Chapter One without completing the whole chapter! I do look forward to buying and playing this beautiufl game!

Why would you pay $13.99 for a game to finish in one hour???

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 4, 11 9:12 AM
The game was cracked and up on the Dark Net yesterday, so that's how it's possible to have played it to completion before it was even offered here.

Go to: