bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

The iPad version of Garden Panic is here!

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 4, 11 3:52 PM
Hi iFishies!

Want to try the iPad version of this game? You can check it out by clicking here.

Although the gameplay will be similar to our PC/Mac versions of this game, please feel free to use this thread to ask questions that are specific to your version of this game.

If you’re experiencing any technical issues with the iPad version of this game, please let us know by contacting Tech Support or by posting in the 'Technical Issues' thread. If you’d like to search for answers online, we'd encourage you to start with our 'iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch' help article.

And if you’d like to learn more about how to use the forums, please click here to check out our Forum Rules & FAQ page.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Re:The iPad version of Garden Panic is here!

[Post New]by cherryb50 on Dec 25, 11 3:24 PM
Help, stuck on level 12

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 11 9:35 PM
IS there a way to get gold on level 3? I have corn, pea, and tomato maxed out in the lab on generation 3, and I still can't figure out how to get better than silver.

Level 12 is tough all right. I have gotten silver a few times but never gold. What I try to do is start with 2 tomatoes, two peas, and a corn. Place one tomato on the middle right where it juts out, one pea (left) and the corn (right) guarding the choke point to the bottom half, the remaining tomato and pea near the berries in the top half, but next to the middle lane too so that they can hit from both directions. This is NOT ideal - I still lose some berries. Later add a cactus in the middle where it can help no matter what direction the butterflies come from, and you will want another corn or pea and another cactus later most likely. It's a juggle trying to balance upgrading and more defenses.

I spend a lot of time replaying levels that I can get at least bronze, so that I can earn more stars for the lab to upgrade defenses. Then I go back to the levels that I don't have silver in and try to get silver, and sometimes the silver levels and try to make gold.

I try for "far sight" in the lab on everything, then guess as to the other uses of my stars. I'm still not convinced that the poison plant is worth bothering with, but peas are GREAT.

Can't get more plants on the lab

[Post New]by Rozcio on Dec 27, 11 12:18 PM
I have tryed many times to discoved the unknown plants and nothing works! I only have corn and tomateos, tryed the questing mark, tryed the square next to it, where the name should be... Nothing... I have energy points... So i just don't get it! HOW DO I GET THE PEASHOTER AND CACTI AND POISON PLANT??? I need help desperatly!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 27, 11 12:45 PM
I'm playing the iPad version too, and didn't unlock pea until after cactus (if I remember correctly). They appear to unlock only when you get at least bronze on a certain level, much later than the PC version of the game (which STARTS with pea).

How far have you gotten on the levels? Not personal level, the game levels?

[Post New]by Rozcio on Dec 27, 11 1:33 PM
lordkalvan wrote:I'm playing the iPad version too, and didn't unlock pea until after cactus (if I remember correctly). They appear to unlock only when you get at least bronze on a certain level, much later than the PC version of the game (which STARTS with pea).

How far have you gotten on the levels? Not personal level, the game levels?

I just passed level 4 i had just been playing a few days and of course not the whole day and you?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 27, 11 2:14 PM
Rozcio, you should unlock another plant of some kind (probably cactus) when you pass level 5, because level 6 is the first one that has butterflies. Let me know if you need tips for level 5.

I bought the game when it was newly released for iPad, which I think was less than a week ago but I'm not sure. I played it a LOT over the weekend. I'm stuck on level 27 right now, and just have a bronze on level 25, silver on levels 26, 14, 12, and 3, but gold on all other levels below 25. Mind you, that means that ONCE I got gold on a given level, not that I can pass it reliably, although most of the ones I have gold on I can usually get bronze at least. I've been replaying them to get more stars for the lab in hopes that stronger plants will help with the level I'm stuck on. Still have NO clue why they made level 3 so difficult - there are just far too many roaches too early, and I haven't figured out how to avoid having at least one plant eaten. With the PC version of the game, the scoring is different and you can make gold even if a plant is eaten, but that doesn't appear to work for the iPad version.

edit: I see by the date on the first post in this thread that it must have come out on Dec 4th. I've been playing it about a week.

Edited on 12/27/2011 at 2:48:31 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 2, 12 6:55 PM
Finished level 30! Several of the levels past about 20 are still bronze, and I'm still only silver on 3, 12, and 14, but I made it to the end! There isn't any level editor with the iPad version, but there IS "survival mode" which I find rather pointless because eventually you lose.

Level 30 was fun though. Only took me two tries to get gold on it. I got bronze on level 29 the first time I tried. Nice change from the levels that took me a dozen tries even after watching a video on the PC version of that level.

mirj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Level 30 ipad version

[Post New]by mirj on Feb 11, 13 11:22 AM
Congrats for finishing all the levels. I managed 29 of them too but now I am stocked on level 30. How did you manage it with only 2 trials? I tried many combinations and think it is better to place the plants in the outer square, but at the end the monster always gets the strawberries!

What is your strategy?

mirj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

iPad level 30

[Post New]by mirj on Jul 21, 13 4:41 AM
Finally I manged level 30 on the ipad version. The main strategy is to place a corn right in front of the entrance (upgrade it as much as possible, just before the monster beatle arrives). The upgraded corn stops the monster beetle a little bit when it comes. The corn should be surrounded by some upgraded tomatos. Additional some peacanons, tomatos and corn should be plaeced all over the outer square. Make sure that there are enough peacanons, because of the flying insects coming first, before the monster arrives. In the inner square I only placed a few tomatos and peacanons next to the two entrances to the inner square.
With this strategy it was possible to reach gold in this difficult level.

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 4:45:23 AM PST

Go to: