bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Be a King: Golden Empire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 6, 11 12:26 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Be a King: Golden Empire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bekki1521 on Dec 6, 11 2:18 AM
I have just bought this game and when i get to level 10 it tells me to build 2 advanced town houses but when i do it doesn't acknowledge it and so obviously Ican't progress in the game! I assume this is a technical issue.

[Post New]by tracey_l_lough on Dec 6, 11 4:10 AM
This is one of a handful of Big Fish games which will not work on my computer. When I open the game, the picture is too big for the screen, and my mouse pointer jumps around the screen so I can't select the options menu. I have a high resolution widescreen monitor (1680x1050) an no matter what resolution I set it at, the game does the same thing. I've gone thru the help pages and nothing helps.

90% of the games on big fish work perfectly, but there are quite a few with this problem. It's a shame because they are usually games that I really interesting in playing/buying If they would open in a window instead of fullscreen, that would help.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by athene72 on Dec 6, 11 4:41 AM
bekki1521 wrote: I have just bought this game and when i get to level 10 it tells me to build 2 advanced town houses but when i do it doesn't acknowledge it and so obviously Ican't progress in the game! I assume this is a technical issue.

Same here there is no Town House icon to be able to build.

[Post New]by sexyblueeyes on Dec 6, 11 5:12 AM
I just downloaded the demo, when going to play it gives error access violation 0x00000000, i deleted from computer then redownloaded and same thing

Edited on 12/06/2011 at 5:12:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Booklizard on Dec 6, 11 5:16 AM
I can't get this game to start at all. It just flashes black then closes. The icon shows up like its an open page on my laptop but when I click on it it just opens then closes back. It's the demo version.

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 5:22 AM
sexyblueeyes wrote:I just downloaded the demo, when going to play it gives error access violation 0x00000000, i deleted from computer then redownloaded and same thing

Same and I have gone through the whole troubleshooting guide

[Post New]by isismajick on Dec 6, 11 5:22 AM
So i did everything the website said to do because it was just a blank screen that was appearing. and now it won't even load up anything.

[Post New]by isismajick on Dec 6, 11 5:28 AM
Achak wrote:
sexyblueeyes wrote:I just downloaded the demo, when going to play it gives error access violation 0x00000000, i deleted from computer then redownloaded and same thing

Same and I have gone through the whole troubleshooting guide

So i decided to run it from the folder and i got the same violation

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Dec 6, 11 6:31 AM
Error access violatings can sometimes be worked around by going to your computer C drive/program files (X86) and then locate your game folder and open it. Look for the *Gamename*.exe file and double click it. I've never been able to get a solution to the problem from BF customer support.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 6, 11 6:51 AM
Hi fishies,

For those of you experiencing some difficulties with an Access Violation, be sure to check out LadyBlue0321's advice about launching from the executable file. You can also try the troubleshooting steps in the help page article below:

Access Violation

I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket. We definitely want you to be able to play your game!

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 6, 11 7:27 AM
Hi Y'all,

For those having problems with the Town house-it's the next upgrade after the royal house.

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 8:37 AM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:Error access violatings can sometimes be worked around by going to your computer C drive/program files (X86) and then locate your game folder and open it. Look for the *Gamename*.exe file and double click it. I've never been able to get a solution to the problem from BF customer support.

Hi I have tried this and there is no beaking.exe file listed

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 6, 11 12:06 PM
Achak wrote:
Hi I have tried this and there is no beaking.exe file listed

Then this type of file is probably hidden on your system. Here's how to unhide and to add a shortcut to your desktop so you can play it from there:
1) Right click the Play Now icon that BF put on your desktop.
2) Choose Open File Location from the menu that pops up.
bbbbba)You will get a windows explorer window that shows you a list of files and folder associated with the game.
bbbbbb)Your .exe (executable file) may be hidden. If you don't see the file "gamename.exe" then it is hidden. Or you may see the file gamename, but not the extension (the part after the "."). If you see the file, skip to step 2c,if you don't see the file, do the following:
bbbbbbbbi) Click the organize button in the top of the window, then choose layout, then make sure the words "menu bar" has a checkmark next to it. If it doesn't, then click the box to checkmark it. Now you should see a menu bar at the top of the window.
bbbbbbbbii) Choose the "Tools" item, then "Folder Options..." on the bottom of the pop-out menu.
bbbbbbbbiii) another window pops up with three tabs. Choose the "view" tab. Now you have a list of a bunch of stuff with checkboxes next to them. Look at the list and about six down you will see "hidden files" with two circle choices (these are called radio buttons). Choose "show hidden files,..." Don't close it yet. Look two more lines down and you should see a checkbox that says "hide extensions for known file types" uncheck that box by clicking on it.
bbbbbbbbiv) click ok. Now you should see the files that were hidden and you should see the extensions.
bbbbbc) Right click on the file gamename.exe and choose the "send to" option in the pop up window. Then choose "desktop (create shortcut)."
3) Now you should have an icon on your desktop that you can launch the game from. This will keep the game manager from launching, so you don't have that access error any more.

I have WIN7, so these are the exact words you will see in the menu items. If you have vista or xp, the steps are similar, just some of the words may be a bit different.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Dec 6, 11 12:32 PM
Downloading this game I got an access violation message. When I went to the game manager It said trial expired~buy now. I never got to play it.

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 1:12 PM
Thank you cstdenis, I can now see the file but it still gives me the access violation.. I have tried to run it as an administrator and again I get the same thing.
I was on live chat this afternoon and I sent them the dr felix file, she got back to me and basically told me to do the same thing you did I have e-mailed tech support back but I doubt this will get sorted out, bloody annoying...

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 1:14 PM
Microsoft are saying it is a compatibilty issue but keeps saying it is resolved....IT ISN'T....

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 6, 11 1:22 PM
Achak wrote:Thank you cstdenis, I can now see the file but it still gives me the access violation.. I have tried to run it as an administrator and again I get the same thing.
I was on live chat this afternoon and I sent them the dr felix file, she got back to me and basically told me to do the same thing you did I have e-mailed tech support back but I doubt this will get sorted out, bloody annoying...

The only other thing I could suggest is that you run it in XP compatibility mode and see if that works. If not, I don't think you will ever get it to run. If you've already purchased, you can get a refund (or game coupon) from live chat.

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 2:06 PM
How do I run it in compatibility mode? sorry to be so dumb

Achak
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Achak on Dec 6, 11 2:53 PM
I am disgusted with the level of help I am getting from BF.... 3 sessions of live chat and I get an e-mail with an invalid link... Live chat just offer me a credit, what good is that when there is nothing but HOG day after day?

Does anyone know if BF has a complaints department? I have been a member for 5 years and everytime there is a problem nobody does anything...

Rant over

Edited on 12/06/2011 at 2:55:18 PM PST

Go to: