Door??

[Post New]by Serenity27 on Dec 6, 11 9:44 PM
Ok, I don't recall what room it was in, but there was a door that i couldn't open. It looks like it could be opened, i thought maybe I had to play it through a second time, like the previous games, but it wont let me play the main story again without creating a new profile first. Any thoughts on this?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Door??

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 6, 11 11:47 PM
I don't recall any that didn't seem to open at all, but there were a couple of doors that opened when you did something in another room.

If you really want to know, you can access the strategy guide through the bonus game. You can go back into that without changing characters, though it starts you at the beginning. Anyway, you might be able to spot the door in the SG and see if it ever opens by reading through it.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Dec 9, 11 4:32 PM
I too forget the room but know exactly what you are talking about...there is a big red door in one of the rooms that you just can't open...it says there is no key hole or something like that....I tried to open it before taking the king what he wanted...I'm totally stumped on that and the frozen Frog Prince

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 9, 11 8:34 PM
dog2007 wrote:I too forget the room but know exactly what you are talking about...there is a big red door in one of the rooms that you just can't open...it says there is no key hole or something like that....I tried to open it before taking the king what he wanted...I'm totally stumped on that and the frozen Frog Prince

Ohhhhh... Now I know the one you mean. It was in the treasure room on the left. All it said was that it was locked and, no, we never did get in there. There was also a big wardrobe on the right in the king's bedroom that you couldn't open. It, too, just kept saying "it's locked".

I remember thinking that they might be dealt with in the bonus game play for the CE, and the frog, too. Maybe that's what they actually did intend and then somewhere along the way it changed to Hansel & Gretel. Too bad. I still feel sorry for that cold little frog.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Dec 11, 11 1:06 PM
burf90 wrote:
dog2007 wrote:I too forget the room but know exactly what you are talking about...there is a big red door in one of the rooms that you just can't open...it says there is no key hole or something like that....I tried to open it before taking the king what he wanted...I'm totally stumped on that and the frozen Frog Prince

Ohhhhh... Now I know the one you mean. It was in the treasure room on the left. All it said was that it was locked and, no, we never did get in there. There was also a big wardrobe on the right in the king's bedroom that you couldn't open. It, too, just kept saying "it's locked".

I remember thinking that they might be dealt with in the bonus game play for the CE, and the frog, too. Maybe that's what they actually did intend and then somewhere along the way it changed to Hansel & Gretel. Too bad. I still feel sorry for that cold little frog.

that's it alright...I might play around another time with the keys and that thing you get at the end for the king (don't want to ruin anything lol)

I too feel sorry for the frog but have a feeling we'll see him again...though the person shown at the end wasn't one of the Prince's wives I still wonder if we'll eventually go through each of their stories...I mean Brier Rose was the first story and now Snow White so why not the rest?

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Dec 13, 11 8:16 AM
dog2007 wrote:I too feel sorry for the frog but have a feeling we'll see him again...though the person shown at the end wasn't one of the Prince's wives I still wonder if we'll eventually go through each of their stories...I mean Brier Rose was the first story and now Snow White so why not the rest?

Briar Rose wasn't one of the Prince's wives, her sister Ivy was. I have a feeling the Prince's story is finished; the link to this game is that Snow White was the only wife he didn't outlive. But the frog did make me wonder...

[Post New]by Serenity27 on Dec 13, 11 3:53 PM
ohh good ! there are other people who noticed lol, i thought it was going insane. i felt bad for the poor frog too lol

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Dec 27, 11 11:30 AM
I'm sorry, but that door in the treasure room drove me insane! So far, I've never come across a game with a door that didn't eventually open, so I was determined that it would! I too thought it would be like the frog prince game where you have to play through once in hard mode in order to get the door to open the second time you play, but like someone else pointed out, it won't let you replay on the same profile once you've finished. So in my determination, I recreated a profile and played again and kept going back to the treasure room to see if it would open. It never did Any devs or anyone else out there could you please tell us why you drove us crazy with a door that doesn't open!!!

AGlondon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by AGlondon on May 27, 13 9:03 AM
Glad other people have noticed this, that door really annoys me but I have a theory about it. It's basically what burf90 already said about it linking to the Hansel and Gretel bonus game.
In The Exiled Prince, there were some rooms you could only get to in hard mode. One of those rooms was a room from the bonus game, The Frozen Lair.
By the time I remembered this I had already finished the Hansel and Gretel bonus game, so I played through the main game again and when I got to the door, took a good look at the symbol on the door. Its small and a bit blurred but I'm pretty sure its a gingerbread house.
So I think that the creators either didn't have time to finish this part or just forgot about it. Either way I'm still annoyed because they obviously had something planned for it and we'll never know what

BlackDark
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by BlackDark on May 27, 13 5:24 PM
Fishes-

The Door is on the Treasure Room. And I am quite happy to see I am not the only one who wondered about that Door.

This is an interesting Door. In all of the Previous Dark Parables Games—the Curse of Briar Rose and the Exiled Prince—there was a Special Room that would give you a preview of the next Dark Parables Game in the Series. Each Room had a Locked Door you would run across during your Investigations; and then, after you completed the Regular Game, you would receive some Special Object that allowed you to open the Door to that Special Preview Room. In this Game, however, this is not the case because there is no Special Room that offers you a preview of the next Game in the Series. In this Game, there is only a brief view of the next Game in the Series as a Painting in one of the last Rooms you access.

I have to deal with software engineers everyday in my work—please pray for me—and I suspect that, originally, the Blue Tea Developers had created a Special Preview Room to give us a glimpse of the next Game in the Series. But then, as the Story progressed, the Special Preview for the next Game in the Series was changed, eliminating the Special Room. Unfortunately, the Door to that Special Preview Room remained in the Game, probably because it was cheaper—and less time-consuming—to leave it in the Game rather than spend the time and effort necessary to remove it. Please understand: I have no problem with this decision—I have to face similar decisions everyday—and this Door to Nowhere does give us something to speculate on, which is always fun.

Anyway, just to see if I’m the only one who notices things, has anyone else noticed that on the Main Menu Screen for the Game, the Snow Queen appears and disappears from the Balcony? I won’t admit to how many times I played this Game before I happened to notice she was there. And in the Upper Hall, there is a Portrait of Snow White above the Door on your Left. Did anyone else notice that Snow White in this Portrait blinks at you throughout the Game?

Happy Gaming to all!

-BlackDark

Go to: