bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 7, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 11:52:17 AM PST

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Post any Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection technical issues here only

[Post New]by rosiekb on Dec 7, 11 2:09 AM
Every time I get into the library, my computer shuts down! Can't be healthy surely? Any suggestions?

Re:Post any Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection technical issues here only

[Post New]by urara17 on Dec 7, 11 2:26 AM
After opening the cupboard in chap.3, there are "**** test mode" in the lists of **** scenes and I can click items beside the listed ones. It might be a glitch?

[Post New]by urara17 on Dec 7, 11 2:30 AM
Sorry, above my comment "H(idden)O(bject)" changes into "****".

I mean "After opening the cupboard in chap.3, there are 'H(idden)O(bject) test mode' in the lists of Hidden Object scenes and I can click items beside the listed ones. It might be a glitch?"

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Dec 7, 11 2:44 AM
I get into the library boiler room,pour the gas into the boiler,the game freezes up. I have to hit ctrl,alt,del,to get out of the game. When I come back to the game it starts me from the begining. Everything is gone! This seems like a nice game but,I will give it one more try,if it happens again,I want a refund! I'm running win7 home. If anyone can help,that would be great.

Edited on 12/07/2011 at 2:45:07 AM PST

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Dec 7, 11 2:55 AM
Three times everytime I am in the broiler room and as soon as I finish the puzzle game to open the toolbox, game freezes and have to control-alt-delete to get out. Game then starts from beginning having lost all invetory items.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 7, 11 3:18 AM
Downloaded first time, then came up as "trial expired"! Uninstalled and downloaded again, this time was given the demo. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone gets "trial expired" message - try again!

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Dec 7, 11 3:47 AM
I'm having the same problem as tictacsix. As soon as I complete the puzzle in the boiler room, there's a thunk then the game freezes. Have to C A D to exit. Getting an "Access violation" message in task master. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, and the same thing happens.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 7, 11 3:48 AM
Had this problem a few days ago with another game. When I try to play it the screejn goes black and I get an egg timer then nothing, it sits there doing nothing. When I escape (pressing the windows key) it is sitting on the task bar saying AppWndTitle. I have to day tried everything, new GM, system restore, chkdsk, uninstalling games and reinstalling. All the other games work fine, even other games I redownload today. I thought it was a problem with windows but now it seems to be a fault with the game.
Any ideas?

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Dec 7, 11 4:02 AM
I got excatly the same problem in the boiler room.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Dec 7, 11 4:04 AM
Further to my above post, I uninstalled the demo, and as I liked what I had seen so far, I used a punchie to purchase the game. I was expecting it to run smoothly, (silly me!), but the smae thing happened. I open the library doors and computer shuts down. HELP!!!

Ninui2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ninui2 on Dec 7, 11 4:28 AM
I'm having a terrible time with the cursor.........flashing and blinking to the point where I can't even play the game, and there's no way to disable it, so I guess I won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by Disaronno on Dec 7, 11 5:00 AM
I'm also having the same problem as tictacsix and 27heb49 ... freezing after opening the toolbox and have to CAD to quit game with access violation!!!! Very frustrating as it looks to be quite a good game and not a C E either.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Dec 7, 11 5:09 AM
OK I am really running out of patience. The game constantly freezes and when I CAD and go back in I have to start over from the beginning. This is my third time now and I am really getting aggravated. It is a great game, but I am so frustrated.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 7, 11 5:30 AM
i am near by the end of the game,and i have a great bug!
SPOILER
when the runes puzzle is finished the crypt begins to collapse,and then,collapse,collapse.......i can't get out because the game is stucked on this screen(i have steel a cursor which move on screen,but the cursor don't show the way out!i try hint button(which works) and it said,interact with something(inventory is empty....) or try another location(that i want but can't!)
i looked at the walkthrough and it seems i miss the whole epilogue!1/5 of the game!
very frustated!i think i 'm about to send a message to BF technical team
and,yes my graphic card is updated!

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Dec 7, 11 5:58 AM
I'm having the same problem in the boiler room, as soon as finish the mini game it freezes and I have to do ctrl alt delete to get out. Have you folks considered double checking or even triple checking the games before you put them out there. Fortunately, I was just playing the demo.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Dec 7, 11 6:32 AM
I am another having problems in the boiler room. I couldn't C A D out so had to restart my computer. I will leave this game until this is sorted. Shame, it looked good

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Dec 7, 11 6:41 AM
Mine froze in the boiler room too and when I restarted I was back at the beginning.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Dec 7, 11 7:08 AM
Hi fishies,

Just a quick reminder that if you are experiencing technical issues with this game, and the troubleshooting recommended on the help pages was unable to fix the issue, be sure to flag the issue with Customer Support.

You can get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

bfgImbrium

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Dec 7, 11 7:17 AM
Am obviously another in a long line of "boiler room" issues. I get an error msg everytime I complete the tool box HOB scene. Will definitely send an error report to cust. svc.

Go to: