bfgKenai
864 Posts

Reviews for Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 7, 11 12:17 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

geniegal
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

Re:Reviews for Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection

[Post New]by geniegal on Dec 7, 11 12:38 AM
I have only played for about 20 minutes, but it is now 12:30 AM and I need my beauty sleep. I am hooked and will buy when I get up later this morning.

Play modes are "Casual" (sparkles, HOS hints recharge faster, and puzzle hints) and "Advanced" (no sparkles or puzzle hints and HOS hints recharge slower). Music is creepy.

You start out driving down a narrow road and guess what - you don't crash!! But you do run into a ghostly witch and then meet the local policeman who hauls you off to jail, which you share with a couple of skeletons and a huge rat. Your first task is to escape. Once out you meet a little girl who tells you her mother died recently and that's when the gloom settled in and strange stuff began happening - then she quickly disappears.

This is spooky and I love it so far.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Dec 7, 11 12:54 AM
Downloading now- I hope I will like it.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 7, 11 1:14 AM
Off to purchase this game. The graphics were clear and sharp so far in the demo and these old eyes had no problems. Liked the creepy storyline.

Wow walkthrough is all ready up and going. Nice work BFG!!!

Happy gaming

Looking forward to what the pro reviewers think of this game.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 7, 11 1:16 AM
Graphics are not the sharpest around but tolerable. Object scenes are interactive (the swimming doll was quite cute) Story is pretty much "been there done that" minus car crash. There are two modes of play one with sparkles and one without any help. Music is appropriate and a bit creepy. Puzzles are fairly easy and so far none that are extraordinary. Game appears to have no tech issues. Did not check walkthru for estimate on length but game is decent enough to spend a freebie on.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 7, 11 1:25 AM
I like the game and bought with a couponcode. The HOS are good, yes the swimming doll was cute. The puzzles are good.

There was only one thing. I pick up a ring in the street but it's not in my inventory. Do you have a ring?

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Dec 7, 11 1:27 AM
This is not a bad game! The custom cursor is a pain and unable to disable it, one of my dislikes in games, and the scene changes are a bit slow loading.Having said all that the positives are its clear, good graphics.The mini games are interesting, the atmosphere as has been mentioned is spooky.There is no penalty for clicking like a crazy person, and the hint button is clear and fills quickly.You will need it to find the triangular ruler! the doctors door is very different..mmm.I think it will be time to use a credit, and give it a go.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Dec 7, 11 1:35 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:This is not a bad game! The custom cursor is a pain and unable to disable it, one of my dislikes in games

Thank you flowerchild44 for that important info. The ability to disable the custom cursor means I won't be able to play this game on my laptop. You saved me the bother of a download.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,741 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 7, 11 1:39 AM
Based on the trial.

Fly Wheel Games is the developer of this one, and I don't recall any other games by them just offhand so they are new to me.
Widescreen is available (had to de-click the WS option) and that is a huge plus for me. Once again, yes other devs it CAN be done.
The story sort of puts you in the predicament without too much explanation but the more you play the clearer things become---and the spookier it gets. Graphics appeared very sharp to me and all the mechanics of the game worked very well (scene changing quick, cursor very responsive, hints very clear, etc.)
Two modes of gameplay available.
Hidden object scenes were a mix of some very easy items, some not so much, and the puzzles are interesting.
Music is appropriate and there are voiceovers.
The walkthrough indicates a good length.
The main thing to remember is you must play it a good while to see where things are going and if you do that you might enjoy the game a lot---I did and it's a buy for me.
This dev is one I'll try to keep tabs on---good job here!

queenjoy
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by queenjoy on Dec 7, 11 1:47 AM

Hi dobbie

I have finished the demo and it's a little bit of a cosi, cosa (yes & no) for me so will have to think on it for awhile.

the game is clear and i enjoyed the puzzles, h.0.gs are a junk pile but i can lived with that.

I to picked up the ring and it's not in my inventory ether so here's hoping I'm not back here in the tech thread if i buy it.

LovetoMissLisa
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 7, 11 1:54 AM
I beta tested this game and thought it was just o.k. My review is based on demo and beta. It has Widescreen, No Cusor option, Voiceovers are not the best, but at least this game has them. I prefer voiceovers in games. The graphics are clear enough, but the over all game is very dark. For a punch card, I'm going to get this game. The hog scene's are easy and the overall play of this game is on the easy side for advanced players. But give it try for yourself's. Enjoy, I'm off to play and see where the story takes me. Most likely a ghost town with no people and a mystery as to why they all disappeared. LOL

I rate this game: PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

12/8/11 Edited after "FINISHING THE GAME" I really enjoyed this game alot. I really liked the story. The story was different to what we normally see all the time. It is a very interesting and great game. This is absolutely a must have game! The graphics were clear, the further you get into the game. I thought it was going to be dark and hard to see, but it wasn't. I would pay full price for this game, after finishing it now and knowing what this game is all about. It was a much better game than what I thought when I played the demo. This is a must have game for sure. I loved it!

I change my rating to "FINE SWINE" after finishing it. Great game., Thanks BF and Developers. I loved it!

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 1:28:46 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Dec 7, 11 2:14 AM
Goodday fishies!

A surprisingly good Standard Edition game appears to be the Tomorrows Game Today of this dark, stormy december-Wednesday (in the Netherlands anyway )
Fly Wheel Games, developers I've never heard of before, starts with a good option: the game can be made fitting my widescreen monitor by unclicking the widescreenbutton (!). Excellent. I don't like black bars around my playing screen.
The game offers 2 gamemodes: casual, with the usual sparkles and quick hint-refill and expert, without the sparkles and other handholding.
A bit of a short cutscene leads us into the story, which seems to be around a socalled Wraith, some sort of ghost. The first appearance makes you, driving your car, behave in such a way that a police-officer takes you in as a suspect.
So, your game starts as a prisoner, and your story develops from there.
The graphics are clear enough, the objects are well enough to find. It's a bit of a dark-coloured game, but maybe it will lighten-up as you progress. Anyway, it's light enough to fullfill the tasks at hand.
The one minigame I did was easy and maybe this sets the standard for the rest of the minigames in this Adventure/HOG.
The gameplay, at least on my W7 system, seems a bit clunky and sometimes I get a message that doesn't fit, like the phrase that a particular object doesn't fit somewhere, while I'm not even trying to use it. Oh well, as long as it doesn't disturb the flow of my gameplay, I don't care.

Nice SE, I've bought it with a gamecoupon.

Happy Gaming!

ETA: The game reacts rather slow when you've pushed the exit button, but it DOES stop!

Edited on 12/07/2011 at 4:16:46 AM PST

joray2
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Dec 7, 11 2:48 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I like the game and bought with a couponcode. The HOS are good, yes the swimming doll was cute. The puzzles are good.

There was only one thing. I pick up a ring in the street but it's not in my inventory. Do you have a ring?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 7, 11 3:07 AM
Hi CasualGran

I'm getting a bit fed up with these ghosts appearing in front of a car and cities covered with dark fog but this game has really good graphics, there are a lot of things to do and find in one scene. H0 are clear, not really difficult but you have to interact and sometimes it's quite funny ! So quite a bit of humour in this game. Hint refills pretty quickly (always play easy mode when I demo a game), mini games, up to now, not too difficult. A good, enjoyable SE.

Bought it with a punch card credit. (So seldom to find a good SE to use them )

Edited on 12/07/2011 at 3:08:10 AM PST

joray2
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Dec 7, 11 3:18 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I like the game and bought with a couponcode. The HOS are good, yes the swimming doll was cute. The puzzles are good.

The ring goes into your notebook,not your inventory. Hope this helps. Have fun!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,667 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 7, 11 3:47 AM
The storyline and mechanics of the game have already been very well reviewed. Thanks to those who posted them. I also found the gameplay a little clunky, especially with the journal but nothing I could not live with.The H0s and interaction with the inventory items seemed a little "location specific". That being said I did enjoy the 53 mins I played, finding the storyline intriquing and graphics sharp if a little dark. The music was IMHO theme appropriate and pleasant. I like voiceovers and these are okay. The puzzles I did were fun without being too difficult.
For those fishies who don't like them there are snakes depicted and at least 1 rather large rat I remember. All in all a nice little game and I will be using a pcc on it.
Happy Gaming All
BK
ps
Possible Spoiler alert! Hightlight to read:
The ring you pick up goes into a picture in your journal, so I don't think we will need it later.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,275 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 7, 11 4:00 AM
Just for information:

FlyWheel Games are Russian, and made games like:

"10 Days to Save the World"

"10 Days under the Sea"

Be back with my review for this game...

--- --- ---

OK, this review is based on the 1-hour trial:

The graphics were OK, but could have been a little better in the HOS (hidden objects scenes), where they looked rather rough.

There are 2 different ways to find objects in the HOS: one is to just find the objects, and with those words in the list that are in green, you need to do extra things to get the item - some of which are quite elaborate.

Voice-over was OK.

Widescreen worked when I declicked the widescreen option.

There is only a custom cursor, but it's so petite and not at all in your face, and works wonderfully, so I don't mind.

Puzzles were fun to do, and the storyline seems OK as well.

However, I find the gameplay somewhat flat, unexciting, and am not really interested where I go next or what I stumble over when I go around the corner.

I liked it enough to want to continue with the game, but will buy this it only when it's on offer in the sale.

Edited on 12/07/2011 at 5:11:59 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 7, 11 4:22 AM
joray2 wrote:

The ring goes into your notebook,not your inventory. Hope this helps. Have fun!
Thanks!

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Dec 7, 11 4:31 AM
Not quite the car accident - but close.

This, and the actions that follow are just a turn off.

SPOILER: Get locked in a cell that has an axe in it? A hidden brick/lock with a special seal to open? Sharpen a spoon, when you have a chisel?

The second scene just takes the cake. i stopped there.

And don't tell me to use my imagination. These are just STUPID. No buy for me.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 7, 11 4:32 AM
Mixed emotions on this one as well, got stuck in a few places. Lots of inventory objects with no idea of where to go next. Maybe it's just me???!!! But graphics were pretty good. **** scenes pretty easy enough , liked the object you had to put together. Mini games were so-so. The only issue I had was the gameplay. I would rate this a 7 out of 10.

Go to: