cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 7 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 7, 11 12:26 AM
Any comments fishes?

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Todays DD 7 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 7, 11 6:42 AM
Generally, I positively hate TM games. My eye-hand coordination and speed of clicking is not good enough to enjoy such games. However, I read the reviews of today's game and noted you could play it in untimed mode.

Downloaded, demoed, and bought!

My only complaint is you cannot change the cursor and it is rather clumsy to use. I cannot tell you anything about the music, because I always turn it off. Also used the escape button to skip the initial story.

I don't really understand all I can do, but I'm always able to learn, then become a new player and use what I've learned.

It is rather fun without time constraints. As a "professional" H0G buyer, it is nice to add something new to the mix. If you are looking for a new type of game, this is one to try. And at $2.99, how can you lose?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Dec 7, 11 4:34 PM
I really wanted to try this game but I keep getting the "access violation" mentioned in the tech issues thread. I tried the suggestions there but nothing works for me so this is definitely a "no buy".

ETA: All games prior to this one that I have received the AV error, I was able to play by simply rebooting. Not so this game. There must be something in this game that is definitely incompatible with my PC.

Edited on 12/07/2011 at 4:36:06 PM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 7, 11 5:38 PM
I really wanted to like this game, being the DD and all. I really don't care for all the talking bubbles that it has, gold writing on gold background is very hard to read. It just is a "clunky" kind of TM game. Not real crazy about the graphics. Learning curve is more than I like. A few simple instructions would have been much better than all the talking of the characters. Sorry just not liking it enough to buy.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Dec 7, 11 5:42 PM
I normally don't even try TMs, but I tried and bought this one (and the one a couple of days ago.) I like it. The only pressure is if you really want to earn a gold star. I figured I'd go back and try whatever level I didn't get gold on.

I discovered a really cool thing - quite by accident! I don't know if every one else already knows this, but, I was on the map and saw a cloud with sparkling gold stars. I clicked on it and got a card - how cool! Hope this helps anyone that didn't know this.

Go to: