cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 8 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 8, 11 12:03 AM
Any comments Fishes?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Todays DD 8 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 8, 11 5:40 AM
Played a few minutes of the demo and it's a buy for me. If you misclick it gives you a bad sound and I think I read that you only get 3 misclicks so I save a few objects I've found so I can click around twice, then click one I know is right so I don't get the penalty , anybody else ever use that strategy? It seems to be bright and cheerful even though it's a haunted H0G.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 8, 11 6:11 AM
shagwendy wrote:Played a few minutes of the demo and it's a buy for me. If you misclick it gives you a bad sound and I think I read that you only get 3 misclicks so I save a few objects I've found so I can click around twice, then click one I know is right so I don't get the penalty , anybody else ever use that strategy? It seems to be bright and cheerful even though it's a haunted H0G.

I bought it before so I must have enjoyed playing it. I also use the misclick method that you use but it doesn't work in all games. A couple of games I played remembered the misclicks and accumulated them so the player still gets the penalty.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Dec 8, 11 11:43 AM
I almost bought this after playing the demo a short time but so glad I didn't until I played further. I got to the coin puzzle over the fireplace and am having the same problem as others... I cannot get the coins to move. I can skip the puzzle after waiting but from what others have said, when they have this problem, they have it on all puzzles so waiting to be able to skip them all is not something I plan to do. Too bad because I did enjoy the little bit of the game I was able to play.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 8, 11 12:13 PM
I had played it before and didn't buy, now I know why. I too don't like that dull thud on the misclicks. I thought the scene was not bright enough to clearly see the objects. I didn't like it always telling me "how strange" if I tried to use something from my inventory that wasn't what the game wanted. A no buy for me even at $2.99

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 8, 11 6:56 PM
This was on my "no buy" list because it was "hard to see." However, that was on my laptop. I was able to re-demo it on the desktop and found it very easy to see!

Didn't have the problem others were having with the coins. I don't know the astrological signs for the different planets, so was afraid I wasn't going to be able to play the game. However, when you put the right coin in the slot, it showed you the planet. When it was just a blue ball, I knew I had the wrong coin and put another in.

In the H0 scenes, for demos, I have a rule -- find all but the last one, then use the hint. However in this game I often found them all quickly. I never had to go to the walkthrough to figure out where some item was hidden (I do these on demos). All in all, a nice game.

The dull thud doesn't bother me. This went off the "no buy" to the "bought" list!

Thanks BF.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Dec 8, 11 7:51 PM
I bought this a while ago after beta testing it. It was a good game for me. I don't remember having any problems with the coins. I liked this one so much that I went and bought the first Mystic Diary.

Go to: