bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 8, 11 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Post any Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 8, 11 1:36 AM
I didnot get to demo this game. After the download was finished, the trial said over before I even got to see or play any of it. So, I have to wait to see what all the reviews say before I concider buying it. This has never happened in a game for me before. Has this happend to anyone else?

Re:Post any Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 8, 11 1:45 AM
Try to unstall and install again. Sometimes it's help. Good luck!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 8, 11 2:57 AM
Hi Lovetomisslisa ,
I downloaded a game before and had never played it, and it said, trial expired buy now.
After I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it than gave me my trial version to play.
Don't know why it does that sometimes, it is worth trying because I think this is going to be a great game.
It has worked for me more than once, so good luck and happy gaming :-)

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 8, 11 3:36 AM
Thank you so much: dobbiemijnboekje and quarlesqueen! I really appreciate your help and I will reinstall this game again. I just can't imagine buying a game without trying it first.

Thanks again for your help!
LovetoMissLisa

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Dec 8, 11 3:57 AM
Love, if you have to uninstall it, reboot your computer before you download it again. Then reinstall. That's what has helped me in the past. Rebooting the computer gets anything that might have been left behind when you uninstalled it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 4:27 AM
You also want to check: Username - AppData - Roaming file. In this section many of the games have folders with save files etc. left, which are not deleted after deleting a game and are still there even if you first reboot your computer.

To view those files, make sure you have "Show hidden folder, files, and drives" ticked in the "Folder Option" section.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Dec 8, 11 8:06 AM
This may not apply to this game but thought all the members should know. I just contacted Live Chat and ask about Access Violations becoming so common a problem with their games. I had a this problem with yesterday's TGT and was asking that they allow me to send them a DrFelix to see what, if anything, might cause this issue. The response I got was that BFG is experiencing a problem with receiving a DrFelix due to problems on their end. So, for any members having this issue, be aware that Technical Support isn't able to get your DrFelix attached files. Just to let you know. I'll be posting this same message in yesterday's offering too.

Bet this gets locked.

Have a great day everyone.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 8, 11 10:15 AM
overthehill60 wrote:This may not apply to this game but thought all the members should know. I just contacted Live Chat and ask about Access Violations becoming so common a problem with their games. I had a this problem with yesterday's TGT and was asking that they allow me to send them a DrFelix to see what, if anything, might cause this issue. The response I got was that BFG is experiencing a problem with receiving a DrFelix due to problems on their end. So, for any members having this issue, be aware that Technical Support isn't able to get your DrFelix attached files. Just to let you know. I'll be posting this same message in yesterday's offering too.

Bet this gets locked.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi overthehill60,

I'm not sure who you were chatting with earlier this morning, but I just spoke with some of our Live Chat reps in Seattle, and everything appears to be working on our end now, so please feel free to contact them again at your earliest convenience.

-bfgHondo

**Edited to add the word "now", to clarify that the issue had since been resolved on our end.

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 4:54:37 PM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 8, 11 11:55 AM
I hav just finished getting the boat ready and although the hint button shows me that I need to go back to the river to get into the boat the arrow wont indicate that I can go there. Everything else works the journal and hint etc

Any ideas pls

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 12:03 PM
jaylake wrote:I hav just finished getting the boat ready and although the hint button shows me that I need to go back to the river to get into the boat the arrow wont indicate that I can go there. Everything else works the journal and hint etc

Any ideas pls

By getting the boat ready do you mean you took the water out of the boat? Did you also add a belt and a key and a button to that machine that lifts the boat into the water? And did you turn the key and press the button and activate the lever?
When you see the boat gliding into the water, that's when you can go forward. Unless there is something else in town you forgot to do and that is why you can't go forward yet? I had no problems moving forward.

Hope this helps.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 8, 11 1:49 PM
Started the game all over again and seems to be fine now. A tad annoyed mind you that I had to go right back to the beginning.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 8, 11 1:50 PM
Sorry should have said thanks for your suggestion though

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Dec 8, 11 4:00 PM
LOST INVENTORY ITEMS!
Have been playing on and off and exiting the game in between sessions. Just went back in and have entered the fire station (after the train moves) and I find that I have lost all my inventory items. I know that I had at least a receipt roll and a code plate (for the safe in fire station) and maybe more items and now they are gone. I went back far enough to see if I could reply scenes and re-acquire the missing items but no such luck.
Looks I will have to start all over again unless another fishie can help.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Dec 9, 11 7:55 PM
Why do most of us buy the CE's? I'd say because of the extra game play; that's my reason. So, I finished the whole game and go to enjoy my CE extra game play and it totally freezes on me. Whats up with that?! I'm definitely not going to start over and play the whole thing again just to get to my extra game play. ugh

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Dec 10, 11 5:53 PM
I got just about finished with extra play or bonus chapter and got booted out something about my profile being deleted. What's up with that. I had a3 evidence boxes to take to mayor and poooooooooof it tells me to restart with a new profile. That is ridiculous. Can't believe this. I buy a CE twice a week after my trial and and my computer seems okay with no problems with game but usually you get problems in the beginning not in the bonus chapter and this close to finishing game. I'm not sure if I want to start over.

deepmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by deepmot on Dec 12, 11 3:25 PM
I'm in the bonus play and at my 2nd evidence board I've placed all photos and nothing I use sg as last resort and it shows all photos are placed correctly Help!! I'm stuck here Great game but what a bummer to get this far and not be able to finish I ended up skipping this puzzle----Drats!!!

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 7:36:31 PM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Dec 16, 11 5:29 AM
Same problem with the evidence board in the bonus play. All my photos are placed correctly as per the screen shot in the strategy guide and nothing happpens at all. I hate skipping puzzles and I hate it even more when I have to skip one because the damn game is faulty.

Sheilas2a
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Dec 16, 11 6:08 PM
Same issue...got my three evidence folders and heading back to end the game and poof, booted off and when I logged back in it says my profile was deleted and it wants me to start the whole game again. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by xchromex on Dec 19, 11 5:02 PM
I recieved a post card on this game with a code and it did not work am I doing something wrong?

Go to: