Mountain Crime: Requital

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Mountain Crime: Requital

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 6:44 AM
A super FAN-TAS-TIC new game came out today over at that site that starts with an "A".

It's more of an adventure game with HOS thrown in. I was soooo tempted to buy this game right away, but hoping that it will land on BigFish's doorstep any moment now.
I simply can't wait to continue the game. It's just brillant.

Great graphics
Great voice-over: Talking to peeps, given choice of what to say
Choice of system or custom cursor
Choice of sparkly-mode or not

I really do hope this game will be here soon, otherwise I simply have to buy it at that other site.

Edited for spelling

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 7:08:39 AM PST

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:Mountain Crime: Requital

[Post New]by MoDreams on Dec 8, 11 6:53 AM
Hi Valdy -- can you at least give us the name of the game?

~~~MO~~~

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Dec 8, 11 6:54 AM
Thanks, Valdy, for the heads-up. You don't mention the name of the game, and I don't recognize the site with an A, slow brain today, it seems. Would like to check the game, can you post the name? Tks.

P.S. Got it! Seems good.
2P.S. The name is in front of our noses, MoDreams, the title of the thread!

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 7:00:30 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 7:05 AM
The name is in the subject heading: Mountain Crime: Requital.

And there is only one other game site from where we get regular games that begins with an "A" (aren't allowed to mention their names).

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Dec 8, 11 7:06 AM
Thanks Valdy! I checked out the screen shots and it looks fantastic. I'm going to try and demo sometime today.

Hi MoDreams and Euskalduna, the title of this thread is the name of the game. Located at the devs site who also made Stray Souls, Twisted Lands series, Sacra Terra: Angelic Nights, Vampire Saga series, just to name a few!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Dec 8, 11 7:23 AM
Looks like a good one! Thanks for the head up Valdy

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Dec 8, 11 7:48 AM
Went across to A...........St. to have a squizzy and it does look like a good game, thanks for the info I'll wait awhile to see if it comes here though as iv'e still got a mountain of games still to play that i picked up in the $2.99 sale

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 7:50:43 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Dec 8, 11 7:53 AM
Think it usually takes about 3 weeks to debut games, so hopefully we should have it by the New Year

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by Lule68 on Dec 8, 11 7:53 AM
I did the beta for that game and it was great! I'm normally not much of a HOG type player but I loved it!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 8:13 AM
I played the 1-hour demo, and simply fell in love with this game. This one should satisfy those peeps who are into Adventure games and those who are into HOGs.

The story is really well done as well, although... guess how the game starts? It was a dark and rainy night. I was in my car... Well, you know the rest, right? LOL

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by Lule68 on Dec 8, 11 8:23 AM
I loved that it's just a good old fashioned Whodunit. At least the part I got to play. The interactive conversations and the voice overs were great! I may have to go buy it from the dev, just because I have to know how it ends. I was actually really sad when the beta ended.

ETA: When I filled out the survey after the beta, it asked if I had played the others in the series. Does anyone know if there are others and this is a series? I couldn't find anything at all about other games and figured it was just a mistake in the survey. If anyone knows anything about, please let me know because I'd love to have others in this series (if it is a series).

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 8:42:47 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 9:17 AM
Lule68 wrote:ETA: When I filled out the survey after the beta, it asked if I had played the others in the series. Does anyone know if there are others and this is a series? I couldn't find anything at all about other games and figured it was just a mistake in the survey. If anyone knows anything about, please let me know because I'd love to have others in this series (if it is a series).

Never heard of the title "Mountain Crime" before, assuming that is the main title from the series. And checking out "A"'s site where the game is from, this is the only one they have as well. So unless some other developer started the series first or the title was completely different, I think this is the first game.
If it will become a series, and they are all like this game, then that would be great.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 8, 11 12:53 PM
The story in this game reminds me of a cross between the movies "10 Little Indians" and "Identity" (John Cusack/Ray Liotta). It's kind of a cross between an IHOG and a whodunnit....

ETA: Lule. I have seen it discussed before about a survey mentioning a series when there are no other games and the consensus on that was that it is a "standard survey" form.

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 12:55:13 PM PST

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by Lule68 on Dec 8, 11 6:27 PM
Thanks shadowfax. That's kinda what I thought too. Drove me crazy though, looking all over for others in this "series".

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 9, 11 12:58 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:ETA: Lule. I have seen it discussed before about a survey mentioning a series when there are no other games and the consensus on that was that it is a "standard survey" form.

Oh? This question didn't appear on my survey when I beta-tested a game just over a week ago.

Either way, yes... I saw both films and own the game and the book of what is now called "And then there were none", being a huge Agatha Christie fan).

I don't know how the story continues after my demo finished (and don't want to know), but I can't wait.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 12, 11 8:32 AM
Well... the game is here NOW. What a surprise!

The only trouble is that BF forgot to add the full version as well as the demo. Both "Buy" and "Try" buttons seem to be for the demo only. *sigh*

Don't know what the hold-up is. Surely all they have to do is switch the one that is in the "Buy" section with the full 1.2GB version.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Dec 12, 11 2:41 PM
I hope not, I just bought it after my demo was done. I haven't checked yet but I'd better have the full version installed since BF didn't hesitate taking my $$!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Dec 12, 11 7:22 PM
Good news campers, the full version installed and I'm enjoying the game, even if I am stuck. A momentary set back, I'm sure. There is no walk through yet, it is expected to be available soon, according to BFG.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Dec 12, 11 8:38 PM
Well campers, I was wrong! My game just stopped on a page thanking me for playing the demo and inviting me to buy the full version. I played the demo, 60 minutes this morning then bought it. I have played off and on all day. Way longer than any demo I've ever seen. I went to my purchase history to re load it and the same damn page came back up. It seems I have paid for an extended demo. I am not happy!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Dec 13, 11 11:00 AM
OK, I'm back and in a much better mood. It was a mistake that both options, Buy or Try were the same. It's been fixed by BFG Support Team. All you need to do is uninstall, then reinstall from your purchase history. I was worried about having to start over but it picked up right where I left off. So I am a happy camper again, see...

Go to: