Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Regarding length

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 8, 11 10:30 AM
This game took me 5 hrs altogether. Perhaps someone mistakenly miscalculated their start/finish times. I skip a lot of puzzles but even if I had skipped ALL of them I could not have done it any faster. 3 hrs is just out of the question.

Even if I am a bit slow and you knock off an hour, that's still 4 hrs, which is the correct length.

I don't want people who could be enjoying this game to avoid buying it because they have the wrong info. because it's a really good game on all levels.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Regarding length

[Post New]by tishythree on Dec 8, 11 11:45 AM
unfortunately not all of us have the money to waste on a game which is not going to last for a reasonable time i and many like me live on a strict budget which can occasionally be stretched if there is value there i am sure you wouldnt buy half a loaf for the price of a full one and think you had good value

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 8, 11 12:09 PM
tishythree wrote:unfortunately not all of us have the money to waste on a game which is not going to last for a reasonable time i and many like me live on a strict budget which can occasionally be stretched if there is value there i am sure you wouldnt buy half a loaf for the price of a full one and think you had good value

Quite agree. I wouldn't shell out for a short game either. I think Valdy missed the point I was making, it being that people are being told this is a 3 hour game, which it just isn't, it's a 5 hour game. Whoever said they did in 3 is mistaken.

Even if you take into account bathroom and coffee breaks, people at the door, the phone ringing or whatever and shave off an hour, the game is still the correct length. I just don't want folk avoiding it for the wrong reasons because it's a really good game on all levels and I know almost everyone who loves this genre will really enjoy it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 8, 11 12:26 PM
Please forgive my previous comments. I deleted them now since I seemed to have missed the point.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Dec 8, 11 7:53 PM
Finished game in about 5 1/2 hours didnt skip any puzzles or use hints this is a typical CE game I dont think they would make a CE game any less than 5 hours so if people dont buy these games because of times it takes one or two people who have to be extra fast to finish in 3 hours then its there loss. I buy all CE and I havent been disappointed yet.
Now if I play a second time right away it would probably only take me 3 1/2 to maybe 4 because i would know what i am doing

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Dec 10, 11 12:43 AM
I had a look at the strategy guide and it showed 2 chapters, is that all there is?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 10, 11 12:57 AM
Emmmms1974 wrote:I had a look at the strategy guide and it showed 2 chapters, is that all there is?

No, that's just the trial version. This is a 5 hr game including BC.

[Post New]by juliebacon52457 on Dec 12, 11 7:17 AM
too short

[Post New]by bonnadonna on Dec 13, 11 9:22 AM
From a true Fish Fan most of the games take me anywhere from a week to a month to finish. I take time to enjoy the game, and not just rush through to see how fast I get done. Also I like to have two or three games ready for playing!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Dec 13, 11 5:57 PM
I felt it was too short. The bonus does extend it some but I can see someone finishing in 3 hours. I almost did and I am not a super fast player or skip puzzles. When the SE comes out I feel more people will feel shorted because they won't have the bonus which does indeed make it feel very short. I finished it in about 3 hours 10 minutes. WIth the bonus that extended it up to close to 4 hours for me. 4 to 5 hours is a reasonably long game to me but like I said, for SE players it will be closer to 3. Short.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 5:58:36 PM PST

lnorris101
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lnorris101 on Feb 13, 12 8:35 AM
I also think it was too short.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Feb 9, 13 9:27 AM
I've just bought this game &, after the 50 minute demo, it took me from 1.50pm to 4.20pm for the main game (& that included a 45 minute break to feed & water my rabbits!)....plus an hour for the bonus game. I am NOT a fast player - if fishies say it takes about 5 hours, that's how long it usually takes me - maybe I've just got my 'genius' head on today.....?

Go to: