Backdoor Virus

[Post New]by ranandmia on Jan 16, 09 11:35 AM
I was attacked in the past by a virus and had to reformat my computer. Once everything was removed I began the time consuming task of reinstalling my purchased games.
When I got down to Tumblebugs 2 I was shocked to find out that there was a backdoor virus attached to the file. Before you ask, YES, this file was from the Big Fish server. Can anyone give me any insight into this matter. Of the twenty plus games that my wife and I have purchased over the past year this is my favorite. Each attempt to reinstall this game comes back with the same result. Deleted by my Virus scanner due to having a known malicious backdoor virus rated 4 on a scale of 0 -5 with 5 being the worst. Is there anyone out there who has this same problem? Please help!!!!!!!!!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

Re:Backdoor Virus

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 16, 09 12:25 PM
Big Fish games do not have any viruses now, or ever.

You could alway contact Customer Support.

[Post New]by BecaJean on Feb 3, 09 3:00 PM
I've had a couple of games that my security software wouldn't let me download because it said the game had a trojan horse attached to it. I finally had to disable the software so I could download from BigFish. I haven't had a problem in a while, though.

[Post New]by musicalapril23 on Aug 8, 13 3:24 PM
I am having same issue. games I have played along time from big fish all say there is a trojan in the downloader file. I haven't scanned in a long time and haven't had any real big issues with this computer till some strange things today which prompted me to scan. I uninstalled a game in which i had almost completely beat and having to start all over, and rescanned and same file claims its infected. moved it to quarantine folder and hoping that is enough for now and have e-mailed big fish about this. I am very upset as I love bigfish games

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 8, 13 4:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I first want to assure you that our games are always virus-free and tested before being released. I included a bit more information about that in my post here if you'd like to take a look.

When an antivirus program notifies you of a virus in one of our games, that's normally caused by a mix up in the program that identifies normal files as potentially harmful. As mentioned though, our games never contain viruses, so if that happens, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team so they can look into that for you and offer tips on whitelisting the game so you can play it without interruption.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Go to: