bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Reviews for Christmas Wonderland 2

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 9, 11 12:27 AM
Hi fishies!

What did you think of Christmas Wonderland 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, and now you can post them right on the game page! For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review.

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Wonderland 2

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Dec 9, 11 12:36 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:13:10 AM PST

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Dec 9, 11 12:42 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:42:55 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 9, 11 2:57 AM
I bought the original last year. That game and this one are both just nice straight HOGs, nothing interactive, just pure Hidden Object fun.

I think the graphics are excellent and items IMO are fairly sized, nothing tiny. But the scenes are very very busy. Hints are gathered by finding the Candy Canes in each scenes and there are usually at least 2 in each scene. Also find the Santa in each scene.

The goal is to collect items to complete a Nativity Scene. The items are listed in some HOG scenes, so no stress trying to spot what those items might be in amongst all the objects scattered about in each scene. You can see how that's progressing in the dropdown bar.

The music is upbeat, traditional Christmas music but with a bouncy flair. The music in Scene 7 really had me smiling.

There are mini-games after every HOscene, with skip buttons if you don't care for the game. They are easy inbetweeners -- so far I've seen a jigsaw, memory matching, rotate pieces to complete a picture, Spot the Difference, and put the reindeers in their correct spots.

One thing in options that might appeal to some, you can choose whether to turn off the string of flashing Christmas lights around the border of each HOG scene. I personally enjoy those little blinking lights, but what a great option to offer. I tested one scene without those lights and it seemed to make it a little less busy, but I missed them, so back on they went.

I'm going to add this cheerful little game to my seasonal game collection.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Dec 9, 11 3:09 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:35:51 AM PST

[Post New]by jaguar100 on Dec 9, 11 3:48 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:47:18 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 9, 11 4:16 AM
Very nice review, kdubs! I agree the graphics IMHO are fantastic and though the scenes are "busy", I loved looking at all the things in them, especially the animations. I had to keep reminding myself to look for the H0s. I didn't get very far before deciding to stop and get it. I really enjoyed the sfx and music, though in one H0 scene I thought the sound was cutting out until I realized that it was a sleeping kitten purring. I only played one puzzle (said it didn't take me long to decide) which was a jigsaw puzzle and quite simple. Will just add that there are sliders for music and sound. Buttons for full screen and mute all sounds and also to turn off the Christmas lights around the H0 scenes. There is only the system cursor. There is an over-click penalty that effects the cursor, but, it is very brief. The hints recharge in a short 25 seconds. And, as I understood it, finding the candy canes and Santas was for bonus points. I didn't play the first in the series so I cannot compare the two. I'ts a buy for me but, as always, it is a matter of opinion and in mine it is worth a try!
Happy Gaming ALL
BK

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Dec 9, 11 6:40 AM
I will be adding Christmas Wonderland 2 to my Christmas game collection. I agree with all the favorable reviews and want to add my thanks to BFG for bringing us this Christmas-themed game. Lots of fun for young and old!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 9, 11 10:19 AM
It's an easy going type of game. Pleasant music, easy puzzles, probably geared for the older kid. The scenes are just full of stuff to try and find the hidden objects. I used an average of 3 hints per scene. I remember playing this game or similar to it last year. You also have to try and find candy canes. It's not a game I would buy, but it is a very pleasant game to pass the time away.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 9, 11 11:11 AM
Faylyn wrote:I will be adding Christmas Wonderland 2 to my Christmas game collection. I agree with all the favorable reviews and want to add my thanks to BFG for bringing us this Christmas-themed game. Lots of fun for young and old!

I agree, thanks BFG for a fun Christmas game.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 9, 11 11:14 AM
I only played for a few minutes before I bought. Really enjoyed the first Christmas Wonderland and this one looks to be fun too. You collect candy canes and a santa from each scene in addition to the normal HOG's. Nice music and graphics.

Thanks devs for putting out another one of these.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Dec 9, 11 1:54 PM
Hoggywizard wrote:Superb review kdubs Couldn't have put it better myself LOL ... Loved the sound in scene 7 too - hohoho ! Plus, I hadn't seen the Option switch to turn the flashing lights on or off - a neat touch. Definitely a buy for me!
I played this before tomorrows game and it's a definite buy for me.

mamajambo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mamajambo on Dec 9, 11 8:01 PM
I also bought the original last year and enjoyed it so much I was happy to see the second one released. I was hoping to see some Holiday games soon amid the flood of the dark offerings and I wasn't disappointed with Christmas Wonderland 2. I did the trial and enjoyed it very much, great graphics, upbeat music. It is sweet and fun and sometimes challenging...a definite buy for the holiday season! Bring on some more....thanks Big Fish!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Dec 10, 11 11:34 AM
Very cute game. A nice change from spooky games, especially at this time of year. Mostly hidden object, with easy puzzles in between. Mini games include jigsaw puzzles, rotate the squares, and find the differences. Hidden object scenes get progressively more difficult, which is nice for beginners. There are candy canes and a santa to find in each scene. You also collect items which appear at the top of the screen, which are included in the hidden object list. Hints recharge very quickly. Music and sound effects are pleasant and appropriate.

I can't speak to the length, since I have only completed the trial. I do plan on buying, and sharing with my daughter.

One thing I initially did not like was the flashing christmas lights around the screen, but I discovered that you can disable that feature in the options menu. The only complaint I have is when I tried to click on an object near the top of the screen, the drop down menu would come down for several seconds making it impossible to click on it.

Perhaps this was intended as a children's games, but I think it appeals to all ages. Great fun, and you don't have to think too hard!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 10, 11 12:11 PM
PERFECT game for Christmas, really gets you into the holiday spirit and FUN for all ages !!

I have been very stressed, and this Christmas Wonderland is just what the doctor ordered, so relaxing with lots of eye candy to look at, the graphics are bright and cheerful, and it reminds you of what Christmas is really all about, so it lifted my spirits and gave plenty of much needed smiles, THANKS developers .
I just LOVED collecting the candy canes and Santa's, I found at least four in each scene, and a couple of scenes had five candy canes, this is always a bonus for me, when there are extra's to find .
Than on top of that, you get to collect items for the nativity scene, that I enjoyed also .
The animations were cute, Santa doing his H0 H0 H0 Merry Christmas, the kitty purring and the pot lid, doing its jiggle, as it boils away on the stove, were cute additions, just an all around good Christmas game.
I played it two times, just wish it would have been a little longer, because I was really enjoying myself, so developers if you make one next year, more scenes please .
I knew before my trial was over, that this was going to be a must buy, to add to my Christmas library, I always enjoy these straight H0Gs for the holidays, because they aren't brain busters, they are just pure relaxing fun, to help release some of the stress, that can sometimes come, with the holidays, for some of us.
So job well done, Merry Christmas to the developers and all involved, in making this Christmas gem, I for one, totally enjoyed every minute of it .

Merry Christmas to my BF family, who make all of this possible, and give me so much pleasure, through out the year, with having the best gaming site in the universe, IMHO, I love you all for your hard work and dedication, keep up the good work .

Edited on 12/10/2011 at 12:15:37 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 10, 11 1:57 PM
Overall, I like this one. It's bright, cheerful and colorful and I especially like that the developers didn't shy away from including both Santa Claus and The Nativity. Kudos to them for that! After all, Our celebration of Christmas has always involved both. I only have one complaint and that is, the hidden objects are sometimes difficult to find. Whether that's just me because of poor and aging eyesight, I don't know. It could also be because there are so many objects in each scene-ones you are to find plus many you aren't looking for. Anyway, because there are more pluses than minuses, in my opinion, it's worth one of my credits.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 10, 11 2:03 PM
quarlesqueen wrote:PERFECT game for Christmas, really gets you into the holiday spirit and FUN for all ages !!

I have been very stressed, and this Christmas Wonderland is just what the doctor ordered, so relaxing with lots of eye candy to look at, the graphics are bright and cheerful, and it reminds you of what Christmas is really all about, so it lifted my spirits and gave plenty of much needed smiles, THANKS developers .
I just LOVED collecting the candy canes and Santa's, I found at least four in each scene, and a couple of scenes had five candy canes, this is always a bonus for me, when there are extra's to find .
Than on top of that, you get to collect items for the nativity scene, that I enjoyed also .
The animations were cute, Santa doing his H0 H0 H0 Merry Christmas, the kitty purring and the pot lid, doing its jiggle, as it boils away on the stove, were cute additions, just an all around good Christmas game.
I played it two times, just wish it would have been a little longer, because I was really enjoying myself, so developers if you make one next year, more scenes please .
I knew before my trial was over, that this was going to be a must buy, to add to my Christmas library, I always enjoy these straight H0Gs for the holidays, because they aren't brain busters, they are just pure relaxing fun, to help release some of the stress, that can sometimes come, with the holidays, for some of us.
So job well done, Merry Christmas to the developers and all involved, in making this Christmas gem, I for one, totally enjoyed every minute of it .

Merry Christmas to my BF family, who make all of this possible, and give me so much pleasure, through out the year, with having the best gaming site in the universe, IMHO, I love you all for your hard work and dedication, keep up the good work .

I agree with everything you said. In fact, I would have added a bit more about the addition of what Christmas is really about but I didn't want to risk getting "fin-slapped" by one of the mods!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Dec 11, 11 8:09 AM
I am going to go ahead and get this one for my class of 19 first graders. They will love playing this as a reward at the end of the day. We have 7 more days before Christmas break and this is my gift to them. Loved the first one and this one looks even better!

Bye-Bye my little Guppy.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 11, 11 8:05 PM
Really cute holiday themed game, but just not for me. I just found it too easy and a little young for me. Nothing wrong with young, but just not for me.

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Dec 12, 11 4:13 AM
I`ve finished it while playing demo.It has Xmas atmosphere and nothing more.The **** are the same, graphics is poor.It`s not a buy for me.

Go to: