bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 11, 11 12:16 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Reviews for Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 11, 11 12:46 AM
Developer: Quick Click (new for me, but not for long)

Unique piece of Art!!!

Great graphics, original puzzles, helpful hint system (only showing locations), relaxing and enjoyable play.

There is not instruction for the puzzles (the "?" sign). You are given 5 hints, and to gain others - you have to shoot the "bad guys" (usually don't need it, but the shooting is killing me! ). Nevertheless it's a Must!!!

The plot spreads over 4 different locations, and the game is veeery long!!!:
4 chapters - 86 (!!) pages in the SG
bonus chapter - 25 pages (!!!!) in the SG.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

(Seems that the promised "Shadow" caught sun rays and burned up; but we got a nice competition)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 11, 11 12:57 AM
Great to see the enthusiasm. The music on the video already grabbed me. Sounds like some shooting fun, loved that in Golden Trails racking up hints. Need a little action in some of these long stares.

Was just about to decide on Snow Queen CE for my extra punch weekend but WAIT to see new TGT...this looks like worth the time to demo first. If no gore, torture chambers, asylums it's top of my lite entertainment list. Thanks..

No instructions on puzzle?? Hope there is a skip button then.

(sorry, didn't see a comments thread, this is no review but reviewing the prior review )

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 11, 11 1:09 AM
This game is completely unplayable on my computer's monitor!

For those of you with widescreen monitors you can probably see everything just fine but for me I have the top 1.4/5" of my screen blocked off by greeny grey or light brown wooden looking planks and the same at the bottom so that is a full 3.1/2" of playing area that I am unable to see!

Whilst on the title screen this wasn't too much of a problem because I could guess what words were above where it said Collectors Edition but I couldn't see what was in the Bonus Content when I checked that because it was beneath the 'planks'.

I decided to press ahead and try the game but how can you play a game when you can't even see your inventory area let alone what you have in it . Trying to exit the game was fun I didn't know where it was so just clicked all along the bottom ... suddenly I had a knife on my cursor so I obviously found that at some stage ... anyway I eventually tried the escape button and it brought the main menu up so I managed to exit the game.

To those of you who can see it ... have fun ... there are 4 chapters plus a Secret Mission to play.

Cherb

ETA ...

I followed SoManyCrimes advice and unticked the Full screen and that has given me practically the whole screen, I just have the task bar at the bottom and a narrow title screen at the top but at least I can see the inventory and, as a result, I have purchased it.

See Page 3 for my comments ... if you are interested .

Edited on 12/11/2011 at 2:54:35 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 11, 11 1:16 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Developer: Quick Click (new for me, but not for long)

Unique piece of Art!!!

Great graphics, original puzzles, helpful hint system (only showing locations), relaxing and enjoyable play.

There is not instruction for the puzzles (the "?" sign). You are given 5 hints, and to gain others - you have to shoot the "bad guys" (usually don't need it, but the shooting is killing me! ). Nevertheless it's a Must!!!

The plot spreads over 4 different locations, and the game is veeery long!!!:
4 chapters - 86 (!!) pages in the SG
bonus chapter - 25 pages (!!!!) in the SG.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

(Seems that the promised "Shadow" caught sun rays and burned up; but we got a nice competition)

I agree! I really like it - this will be my first CE in awhile.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 11, 11 1:24 AM
I really liked this one. I was disappointed when I finished the demo. The graphics are very good and so is the music. The gameplay is easy enough to follow and the **** scenes were easy enough. The mini games were challenging, but there was a fairly quick skip button.. Overall, I would rate it a 9 out of 10. It's a CE though. That means I'll have to wait for the SE before even considering purchasing it.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 11, 11 1:28 AM
Rebeca_Lily sums up this fantastic game very nicely.

I will add that this new (to me) dev has included the widescreen option as all CEs should have and that there is an achievement section which adds to the gameplay for me.

A very nice game that is quite different in its presentation and is very enjoyable---a must have for me!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 11, 11 1:40 AM
i finished demo in 55mn and i have done some others thing during it i can't tell you here!
so,if each element are as long as the demo,i'll have three more hours to play:is it enough for CE?
the game does not fill the screen,but there is an effort to decorate the 'black sides' with some wall-like picture
music is so-so
graphics are a little grainy on wide screen,but acceptable
story is not my cup of tea,and to be honest ,when i began the game,i thought i have yet done this one elsewhere
mini-games are easy(for the demo)
for me i'll wait as SE!not very new or interesting enough
will have been a very good SE,not worth CE
ah!no voice acting,good hint system,but sparkles even in expert mode(2 choices:casual and expert)
the 'killing mummies' not so fun,for they appears often when you are doing something else with inventory object
one in one ,i was surprised by this "CE" choice for this game:for me not worth the price

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 11, 11 1:50 AM
Dearest Devs.... why do you force me to finish the game before accessing content once I've paid for it? The point of the wallpaper and artwork and such is to immerse oneself in the game... once I've finished with the game I'm no longer interested,. Sooo that means this is a NO BUY as a CE. Fix that and I'll change my mind.

It's a good game... although for a CE it should have voice acting of some sort. (That should be one of the requirements to consider a game a CE IMO.) It has casual/advanced modes... widescreen or fullscreen... typical sound sliders. The story caught my interest although it doesn't give enough time to read and look at the graphics... if there is no voice acting then we should be able to click to continue instead of the game deciding on our reading speed for us.

Also a bit too much hand-holding... for example you mouse over an area you need to do something and you not only get the usual "it's really stuck!" or "I'll need something sharp to pry that open" type comments but it literally shows you a picture of what you need! What's the point of that? It's a lot like doing a crossword puzzle where the "clues" are the words and all you do is fill in the blanks. Now I didn't play advanced for the demo so maybe that changes but since advanced includes a misclick penalty which I HATE I won't be playing that mode anyway.

Seems like it will be a long game for those that care. Objects are pretty easy to find.

Soooo... basically this will be a buy once it comes out as an SE... probably with a coupon code. At least unless they unlock they extras once you pay instead of once you finish.

PS edmee... you have to UNCHECK the widescreen option for it to fill the widescreen... yes I know... backwards much? LOL.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 11, 11 2:04 AM
Wow! What a different and wounderful game! My review is based on the full demo. It has a combo of Hog/Ihog/arcade/puzzles/adventure. I have not seen a game quit like this before. It's a great game! NO Voiceover's is really sad and the only negative thing I can say about this game so far. It would have sent this game over the moon if they would have added them. But it's still a great game.

The story is an adventure story like "Indiana Jones". There's so much I want to say, but I don't want to spoil the game. I absolutely love the graphics and animations, they are so amazing and fantastic! This is a must try and a buy for me. The gameplay flows and I found the diary to be a big help in solving the puzzles. I can't say more, because it's something you have to play to see. I think this is a breath of fresh air to all the scary/goulish/gross games lately. IMO you must try this one. Enjoy this gem!

I rate this game: FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 12/11/2011 at 2:07:16 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 11, 11 2:13 AM
PS edmee... you have to UNCHECK the widescreen option for it to fill the widescreen...
Nah. You need to understand what widescreen does - coerce the picture to display as 1920 x 1080 or 16:9 equivalent (hence black bars on a monitor when that's not the current resolution). UNCHECK stretches to fit your screen.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 11, 11 2:22 AM
WOW this is just my kin of game, and I've still got the giggles. I wanted no more dark eerie gore, meant to add no more skeletons. Then what pops up, a skeleton and I shot him with my mouse LOL. Da*n that felt good, then a few mummies and I got a trophy already for shooting 5, what fun. Wish I could shoot rats and cockroaches in those hideous hospital or dungeon ones I'd buy more dark/eerie.

Don't know if I ever had so much fun in a demo and I've only done 40 minutes but stopped to buy. Incredible graphics and creative HOS. No worry on misclicks, you have to poke around, I hit on something not on the list and something happened and got something else and some bonus. Love their interactive HOS, different. Find a 4 LOL, no spoiler here.

Sound effects are fantastic, and since I liked the whimsy of the music in the video I caved and put on stereo headphones for this one. Glad I did, effex would have woken up my neighbor. Can't wear headset more than an hour tho or I get a headache but do use them for immersing. Nothing same ole or unfitting with music score and if a loop I didn't notice, too busy enjoying the play.

I'm not one who thinks a CE should be only for challenging the experts. What's wrong with some extra play and SG and fun light entertainment for us who aren't hard core or avid adventurers or puzzle freaks? I'd rate a CE for the artistic elements, originality, fun factor, production elements, and this has them all as far as I could see from my short play. Welll, that''s MHO and enoogh for me to fork over the cash, let the devs get what they earned for this piece of work, I appreciate it.

(also appreciate an extra punch for it this weekend, so glad I waited on that other CE)

Just funstuff

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Dec 11, 11 2:26 AM
Goodday fishies!

Never heard of Quick Click, but it looks like they've done a good job with this game!

I'll mention the plusses:

- Game fills up my widescreen
- 2 Gamemodes: Easy with the sparkles - Expert without
- Interesting story (although not new )
- Clear graphics
- Lots of interaction in H0 scenes
- Bad mummies to shoot for extra hints
- Nice music
- Things to collect
- Seems long enough

Cons: I haven't found any as yet. Looks like an overall OK game!

Only 1 issue: can't afford another CE right now...

But to all you more fortunate fishies: Enjoy!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 11, 11 2:36 AM
I didn't get widescreen on my 17" laptop, I got the nice stone trim columns on each side though rather than black bars. Widescreen and Fullscreen were already checked (I think, buttons lit). I didn't try unclicking wide for a stretch, thx for tip. My ratio is 16x9. But the graphics are crystal clear with good color.

Speakers on laptop are par with tin cans so I usually don't keep music on. The environmental sounds don't fight with the music and effects, nice balance, thanks sound editors but one can always adjust to taste on the bars.

Off to blast some more baddies from my screen no matter what size!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 11, 11 2:57 AM
This game is fun, with interactive hidden object scenes, and many puzzles with a little time and thought are very doable, no need for the skip button. Played for 50 min. and just wanted to keep going. Used the hint once just to see how it worked. Started the game in the easy mode and immediately switched to harder mode and still found the game fun and easy to play. In just this short time which went by quickly had no need for either hints or strategy guide. This is a nice change from all the recent convoluted, but also fun CE's. Perfect CE for the extra punch, if long great if not still worth it for the very important fun factor.

Edited on 12/11/2011 at 3:04:14 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 11, 11 3:30 AM
What a beautiful game, I know this game is a buy, I don't buy CE's but this one is on my list, Thx DEV's and BF..

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 11, 11 3:46 AM
Widescreen did work from your tip, I UNchecked Wide with Full still on so stretched to reach laptop 17.3" YIPPEE. Colors still good. Actually, when I hovered over the screen options a popup tells you to undo wide for stretch LOL. These Devs thought of everything. Or, I can play with stone borders, either way.

Only neg is I'm not a speed reader and couldn't catch all the beginning dialogue so not sure what's up with the story. The graphics were so nice in cut screens I was looking up. I guess the Diary will fill me in. I'm in such a rush with timed demos, now I may start over since I own it. Hope it's not TOO long or I tend to get tired of a game and switch to another and just get more "puzzled" when I resume.

If you don't like HOGs, try this anyway, they are different, and fun and you can click a lot to explore for surprises.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 11, 11 3:47 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:There is not instruction for the puzzles (the "?" sign).

All puzzles have instructions. They are given right away at the bottom of the screen, unless there are pictures of what to do in the journal, as was with the 4 statues you have to put together.

This review is based on the trial version, which took me 45 minutes to play, and I played in easy mode.

First of all, I beta-tested this game, so I have already played the game twice as long as I did today the trial version.

The game fills all of my widescreen monitor.

There is a choice for system or custom cursor.

You can earn achievements.

There are ghost-like creatures (different ones for different areas) that pop up and you can shoot for an extra hint.

There are quite a lot of puzzles to solve. I have not skipped any of them in the demo - which is a first.

There is a lot of hand-holding in easy mode. For example, if you need to open something, a picture will be shown of the tool you need in order to get the job done.

The graphics are very well done.

There is no voice-over.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) are nicely done. The graphics are clear and clean, and objects are easy to find. In fact, I have not needed a hint yet in the HOS - another first.

All in all, this is a very nice, entertaining and fun game. I don't know whether to get the CE, but will definitely get the SE - unless I change my mind.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 11, 11 3:56 AM
This game certainly moves right along. The SG has the right blend of “WORDS” (hint hint) and pictures. The mini games are not too hard, even I can work them. I will have to buy it because my mom enjoys this Egyptian/archeology stuff. It is a little different from other games we have played, but not so much so. At first I thought maybe the casual was going to be too simple, but found that whatever tool I needed to bang on something or cut something they showed me with a picture. That would have come in handy with yesterdays Nemo game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 11, 11 4:09 AM
Reeeeeally tempted... but concerned about the length as I played Advanced, skipped nothing, used no hints and finished the demo in 41 minutes. That would mean, given 4 elements, possible not even 3 hours for the core game. I find the bonus chapters never live up to the quality of the rest so...

BUT loving the crystal graphics (I'd rather have the decorated bars than stretched and fuzzy on my widescreen) and oooodles of little puzzles with less hidden object scenes. Personally I'd rather have no voice over than crappy acting like the recent Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection (loved the game, acting was awful).

What to do, what to do...

Go to: