bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Hidden Expedition: Amazon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 11, 11 4:30 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

margi78
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: Amazon technical issues here only

[Post New]by margi78 on Dec 25, 11 6:35 PM
I have several games inlcuding this one that refuse to go full screen. I check the full screen option but it just shifts the window to the top left corner of the screen. Is there something on my PC i need to change or is this a compatability issue? Is there a patch etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jan 12, 12 10:24 AM
In these older games, they don't work that well with newer HD monitors. Change your screen resolution before opening the game, and it should open up full screen.
You'll have to change your screen resolution back to normal after you have played.

For Windows 7: To change screen resolution, right click a blank area on the desktop and go to "screen resolution" on the menu that pops up.

Try out the different resolutions to see which works best for you. You can experiment with different resolutions and see which one is the highest that will still allow the game to go to full screen.

Chevygal53
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Chevygal53 on Mar 22, 12 5:46 PM
I was having problems getting the game to save my place after exiting and I saw a couple old posts without a solution. It turned out to be that my firewall saw the file as dangerous and opened the game in sandbox mode. I simply changed the setting to open in normal mode and no more problems returning to where I left off. Sandbox would let me play, but it would not save. That was a first for me. I just wanted to make a note here for future reference in case someone would like to give this game another try.

Level 23 freeze

[Post New]by tednglori on Jun 4, 12 6:13 PM
Downloaded the game and got to level 23 with no problems. I was on the screen where you have to place the elbow pipes. The congratulation screen came up and said hold on to the steam pipe and it froze there. I can't go back and rebooting did not fix. I even tried to replay the level and it got stuck there again. I downloaded and paid for on my Xoom via Google so it does not appear in my purchases on big fish.com. please help. Thank you! Glori

[Post New]by mat14player on Jun 10, 12 9:22 PM
I had the exact same issue with level 23 and the pipes. I also tried restarting the game and it froze in the same spot.

[Post New]by pokieokie69 on Jul 9, 12 11:13 AM
Need help please. Two problems for Kindle fire. I just purchased game a few days ago. Zooming is working wieird, when I enlarge areas it starts zooming then unzooming and sometimes I get a screen 1/4 of size. I have to restart game to make it quit. Is there a better way to zoom and hold the zoom.

Also level 22. I have gotten to this level. the game where you put the 4 gears and it opens up. All I like is the spade. I used 3 hints to find it and it is not in the area it says it is. Have spent 3+ hours looking for the spade and have had someone else look for it. No there. I believe I already found it but it will let me go no futher. Is there anyway to reset the level on my kindle or fix this bug? I have tried to replay level before hoping to restart the next level but this does not work either.

Please help,

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 18, 12 12:36 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble playing this game on your mobile device.

Please get in touch with our Mobile Support team so they can work with you to get those issues resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket. You'll be able to specify that you're writing about playing on your mobile device, so your email will go right to that team.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by thebigbird on Jul 31, 12 5:01 PM
I could get no futher than chapter 4. The game would not continue. Help said if game does not continue to select another screen. There were no more screens presented for this level. Please help.

Stuck on award screen - can't close keyboard, can't reply

[Post New]by TropicalFool on Aug 8, 12 9:24 PM
*** update -- seems to have resolved itself. Leaving here since it was a problem. ***

Got through the game & like it -- I'd like to be able to play it again, but at the award screen, the keyboard came up and won't let me dismiss it, so I can't get to anything to go further -- just stuck on this screen with the keyboard showing.

iPhone 4s with whatever the latest iOS is…

TIA

Edited on 08/09/2012 at 9:00:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Dewdove on Nov 7, 12 8:41 PM
In level 25 (?) I can get the crowbar to free the professor from the plant, but when I go and try to pick it up again to break the statue so I can get the heart, I can't pick it up again. So I can't get the heart to move on to the next level.

stuck in level 4

[Post New]by sternenhund on Dec 16, 12 12:50 AM
hi,
i can get no further than level 4, even though i solved all the screens. thought it would be that the demo ends here, so i bought in-app the full game. but couldn't get any further. so i bought the whole game again as the full version. still can't get any further. i have played up to level 4 five times now, please help!

love
sternenhund

[Post New]by amitmorad5 on Oct 22, 13 7:57 AM

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Jun 16, 14 2:36 PM
Have they fixed the problem with the game screen that is to small? I can not get it to go to full screen. I am using windows 7. Do we really need to switch back and forth when playing this game? If so then where else can I get this game where it does not do this?

Thanks for your time and help, jbmf_06

Go to: