bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Mountain Crime: Requital! December 12, 2011

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 10:21 AM
We have a new version of Mountain Crime: Requital available now!

**This updates includes the full version of this game, rather than the demo/sample version that was initially published.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 4:41:49 AM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mountain Crime: Requital! December 12, 2011

[Post New]by KatrienGo on Dec 12, 11 10:29 AM
Tx !!!

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mountain Crime: Requital! December 12, 2011

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Dec 12, 11 10:34 AM
Thanks so much. Downloading now, albeit slowly.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 12, 11 10:38 AM
Thanks BFG .

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Dec 12, 11 10:38 AM
Thanks a Bunch!!

eris348
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by eris348 on Dec 12, 11 10:59 AM
Thanks BFG

However, I do not appear to be able to download it - I have uninstalled the previous incarnation, and gone to my purchase history to re-install, but it is not responding.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Dec 12, 11 11:06 AM
I'm so happy my jaws hurt from the smile pasted on my face

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 11:13:53 AM PST

[Post New]by RedSox4evr on Dec 12, 11 11:19 AM
This is exactly why I am a BFG customer! Thx guys for staying on top of this.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 12, 11 11:21 AM
I have tried uninstalling and have reinstalled and now all I get is that Access Error code. I am trying to install it again. This is a big disappointment. I am enjoying this game more than the one put out yesterday. I was really looking forward to playing all the way through the game. If there is a newer version for this game it does not seem to be downloading or there is something wrong with the update also. I will see if the second reinstall works. If it doesn't I will be disappointed at not being able to play this game even though I bought it.

[Post New]by sass2heart on Dec 12, 11 11:26 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game AFTER I bought it, and it's giving me an "access error". I'll try it again. If it doesn't work, I'll let you know.

[Post New]by sass2heart on Dec 12, 11 11:28 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:I have tried uninstalling and have reinstalled and now all I get is that Access Error code. I am trying to install it again. This is a big disappointment. I am enjoying this game more than the one put out yesterday. I was really looking forward to playing all the way through the game. If there is a newer version for this game it does not seem to be downloading or there is something wrong with the update also. I will see if the second reinstall works. If it doesn't I will be disappointed at not being able to play this game even though I bought it.

Looks like we're having the same problem.

Leenie14
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Leenie14 on Dec 12, 11 11:31 AM
I uninstalled, reinstalled but all I got was a black screen. I'm done with it...got my credit back. It's too bad, because it looked like a good game. Oh well!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 11:32 AM
Hi bpurdum2 and sass2heart,

Please contact Customer Support if you are having any issues with the newest version of this game. If you wanted to do a little troubleshooting before contacting Support, the following help article has more information about how to resolve these 'Access Violation' error messages:

Access Violation

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 11:32:41 AM PST

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Dec 12, 11 11:41 AM
Thank you, Thank you, downloading now.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 12, 11 11:43 AM
Purchased game with coupon after playing demo (until game stopped where it did for many others playing). Followed instructions to uninstall and reinstall game from purchase history. The purchase history shows I've purchased the game, but game will not reinstall. I don't get any error messages...just nothing happens when I try to reinstall the game. Closed the GM and BFG and tried again...nothing...

Edit: I finally went to the GM and clicked the button to install the demo (as though I hadn't installed it previously)...the whole game installed and activated (go figure!!). But - the cursor is so "jerky" and unwieldy I cannot control it enough to play some of the puzzles or move about smoothly. I tried the regular cursor and it did the same.

I am SO hoping for this to be fixed! I am anxious to play this seemingly very good game!!

P.S. I cannot understand why the demo played very smoothly, cursor and all, but after buying the game and finally getting it installed, I have the above-mentioned cursor and playing problems...

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 4:53:24 PM PST

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Dec 12, 11 12:27 PM
I want to buy this game. I wonder if i just buy it without the doing the demo if it would work. Im worried its still not fixed. Seems the problem was with the demo download. I have a coupon to use on it,so maybe I'll just try the game with the demo. I'll let you guys know how and what happens.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Dec 12, 11 12:31 PM
Your fix works perfectly for me. Thank you so much!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 12, 11 12:32 PM
I also ran amuk after the demo and buying it. Uninstalled, went to chat for help and we cleaned out everything there is in the system ..reinstalled..another access violation.

This is a shame, because it was really a nice game. Hoping Big Fish figures this thing out.
kris

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 12, 11 12:35 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I have tried uninstalling and have reinstalled and now all I get is that Access Error code. I am trying to install it again. This is a big disappointment. I am enjoying this game more than the one put out yesterday. I was really looking forward to playing all the way through the game. If there is a newer version for this game it does not seem to be downloading or there is something wrong with the update also. I will see if the second reinstall works. If it doesn't I will be disappointed at not being able to play this game even though I bought it.

This did not work at all. Before I got as far as the demo cut off which kept telling me to buy which I had already done. Now all I get is that Access Error. Guess I will have to see if BF will give me a game credit.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Dec 12, 11 1:07 PM
Well I must be one of the lucky ones because I was able lo uninstall/reinstall the game with no problem. Thanks BFG for such a quick fix of the problem.

Sorry to the other fishies who aren't able to resolve the problem.

Go to: