bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Mountain Crime: Requital technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 10:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 4:45:29 AM PST

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Post any Mountain Crime: Requital technical issues here only

[Post New]by lopie65 on Dec 12, 11 10:30 AM
cant play having same trouble as others bought game and it stops at trial

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 10:34 AM
Hi lopie65,

This issue has been resolved with the newest build. All you need to do now is uninstall and reinstall your game and you should be able to enjoy the rest of Mountain Crime: Requital.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 10:34:46 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Dec 12, 11 10:47 AM
Thanks for the fix, bfgHondo. I bought the game, but discovered I'd only gotten the demo. Huge disappointment. I just uninstalled and will re-install. LOVE the game and am looking forward to continuing.

JoBee1215
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoBee1215 on Dec 12, 11 10:59 AM
I have attempted 3 times to download the trial version and it doesn't download. Would like to trial this game.

eris348
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by eris348 on Dec 12, 11 11:02 AM
I have uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall, but it is not responding

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Dec 12, 11 11:04 AM
Hi, bfgHondo. Thanks for posting the new version.

Unfortunately, I've downloaded it and it's unplayable. The cursor drags, even with the system cursor option. None of the other options help, either. The demo played absolutely smoothly, and my computer is way above the system requirements (I don't actually know what they are, but I can play modern games like Skyrim and Portal 2 on their highest quality settings so a casual game like this shouldn't be causing any trouble at all.) I shut down all extraneous processes and programs (even though that shouldn't make a difference on my computer) and it's still unplayable. I even tried a different mouse! I've never experienced lag on a game from here before, even when I've decided to run them in windowed mode.

Do you have any suggestions? This is the first game I've wanted to buy on here for a long time but with the delay and now this I'm beginning to lose my patience...

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 11:07:19 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 11:08 AM
Hi JoBee1215 and eris348,

If you're having troubles downloading or installing this game, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you. In the meantime, you may want to give the steps in this help article a try:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Hi SoManyCrimes,

Hmm... that's odd that you're having troubles with full version after not having any with the demo (or those other games). Other than contacting Tech Support, my only suggestion would be to look for an update to your video card drivers or other graphics software. The following help article will show you how to search for these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 11:09:58 AM PST

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Dec 12, 11 11:20 AM
Removed trial version, which played great. Downloaded new version, and I'm getting an access violation - which I have never gotten before. Will try removing and redownloading.

eris348
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by eris348 on Dec 12, 11 11:26 AM
Thanks Hondo - Anthony from CS was hugely helpful - note to anyone else having the same issue, Google Chrome has some difficulties sometimes - I used IE, and it went just fine :-)

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 12, 11 11:30 AM
I was having the demo issue earlier with the game. I uninstalled previous version did the disk clean up and defrag. I downloaded the updated version and now I get an error message that reads. Access Violation at 0x0004EA894 (tried to read from 0x00000004 ) program terminated.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 11:33 AM
Hi Lab_Lover and gmac1007,

Please contact Customer Support if you are experiencing these issues with the newest version of this game. If you wanted to do a little troubleshooting before contacting Support, the following help article has more information about how to resolve these 'Access Violation' error messages:

Access Violation

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Dec 12, 11 11:40 AM
Played the demo without any issues. Waited to download the new build --the new build gives me an access violation screen. Game will not start. Demo worked fine.

Reloaded the game, no change. Cannot play

Submitted to CS and received a note that it would be 24 to 72 hours for a response. Does not seem like a great response time to me.

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 12:05:33 PM PST

[Post New]by tytybird123 on Dec 12, 11 11:55 AM
Is anyone else having an issue with the cupboard in dead ladies room? All I am getting is black box with nothing but sparkly areas in it???Already did uninstall and reinstall...Help please

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 12, 11 12:16 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi Lab_Lover and gmac1007,

Please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> if you are experiencing these issues with the newest version of this game. If you wanted to do a little troubleshooting before contacting Support, the following help article has more information about how to resolve these 'Access Violation' error messages:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo
Thanks bfgHondo will do. Thanks

[Post New]by Sonseeahray27 on Dec 12, 11 12:17 PM
Hi! Same problem as the others: I reinstalled the new version of Mountain Crime and I am unable to play it because an Access violation message pops up. I uninstalled and reinstalled it three times: same message. Then I uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it. Same message.
This is frustrating........

[Post New]by playfulruth on Dec 12, 11 12:36 PM
Same problem here: Demo version ran smoothly, then I installed the full version and got the access-violation-error. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted computer - nothing helped. Sent a message to customer support. Since so many people have the same problem its highly unlikely that it has anything to do with my computer - which is kind of relief for me :-) Hope they'll fix it soon!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 12, 11 1:22 PM
bball111 wrote:Played the demo without any issues. Waited to download the new build --the new build gives me an access violation screen. Game will not start. Demo worked fine.

Reloaded the game, no change. Cannot play

Submitted to CS and received a note that it would be 24 to 72 hours for a response. Does not seem like a great response time to me.

Hi bball11,

If you're looking for a quicker response, please feel free to use our Live Chat Support, which is just one of the many benefits you receive by being a Big Fish Game Club member.

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/12/2011 at 1:22:54 PM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 12, 11 1:43 PM
Just adding my name here to the list of those who can't play because of access violation. I've already spoken to live chat, deleted all log files, uninstalled and reinstalled. I'll wait and see if anything new develops.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Dec 12, 11 1:53 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:Just adding my name here to the list of those who can't play because of access violation. ........

Same here

Go to: