Reviews for Pickers

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Pickers

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 13, 11 12:27 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Pickers? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Pickers page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 4:10:51 PM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Reviews for Pickers: Adventures in Rust

[Post New]by govols2 on Dec 13, 11 12:59 AM
Ok, I have no idea why , but I like this game.

It is part TM and part HOG. There are several modes of play including relaxed. You go to different locations and find items you think will sell. Looking especially for whatever is considered the Hot Item of the moment. You do not have to play the HOG scenes or even finish them . But you can earn extra money and an item for your shop. There are achievements. Quite a few of them . The HOG scenes are a little difficult for some items but again, you don't have to finish the scene. You set pricing for what you want to sell . I am not sure what you would do with the profits as I ran out of time.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 13, 11 2:05 AM
This is a very different game. I'm a huge fan of these types of shows, so this game interest me somewhat. I really enjoy the picking/buying/selling of things. But I can see where it would get very repetitious and for that reason, I will wait for DD/COTW prices. But for sure give it a try.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Dec 13, 11 2:07 AM
Well, I've played the trial for a while. I can honestly say that I didn't find any negative points. It's a colourful buying and selling game and it ran smoothly and with a filled up screen on my W7 32 bit system with a widescreen monitor.

In spite of the fact that I'm not a TM player, I think the game could have scored higher when the people you're trading with were moving figures. Cuteness adds to the fun of a number of people, including me.

Another thing I liked was the emotion-bar, telling you exactly how far you could go in your trading-bizz with people.

As I said, a good game worth to try and buy.

I'll pass this one though. It's just not my kind of game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Dec 13, 11 2:10 AM

I actually had a good time with this game even though I didn't expect to do so.

It was fun to haggle, it was fun to set the prices, deciding whether or not to consult an expert, deciding to refurbish or not and it was even fun to see what I'd get at auction.

The "picking" part was very entertaining, in that almost all the objects looked like trash but you have to use your imagination a bit to see what they'd dress up to.

This is on my after holiday buy list now,

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Dec 13, 11 2:13 AM
I gave up after 10 minutes

I will stick with watching repeats of the show

Since I still have 5o minutes left, I will play the 1st position

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 13, 11 4:13 AM
I had high hopes for this game but nah... offer reasonable prices for things and the sellers just get mad and say forget it. So guess what? That's what I'll do... forget it. NO FUN NO BUY. This is the kind of game where devs need to do some research first... if they don't want to do that then make a different kind of game.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 13, 11 6:40 AM
I loved the locations because I like for things to be real. But other than that there wasn't too much else to liked. I want puzzles and hidden object scenes and a plot to a story and some suspense like yesterday's game. I have never cared much for the buying and selling of things. I can't imagine a whole game like that. The only thing I would like to see are all the locations, other than that I just can't imagine why I need to waste my time with this. No buy.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 13, 11 7:12 AM
I will buy after the holidays loved how the game took me, Thx DEV's and bf the game is so cute and nifty just a little lag but once that is fixed which i know BF stands behind there fishes I will Buy!!! ..

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 13, 11 8:21 AM
OMIGOSH I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I watch the show every week so I just had to try this. I love that there are different challenges you can play. I did the demo doing the 30 day challenge. Watching the show and those guys go through people's junk, this game is just like it! The developer did a great job staying true to the format. I'm going to definitely buy this but I'm sure my boyfriend will be playing it too since he's an even bigger fan of the show. Very well done developers and thanks BF

PS I just called him at work and told him about this. He's super excited!!!

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 8:23:48 AM PST

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Dec 13, 11 9:09 AM
CasualGran wrote:Well, I've played the trial for a while. I can honestly say that I didn't find any negative points. It's a colourful buying and selling game and it ran smoothly and with a filled up screen on my W7 32 bit system with a widescreen monitor.

In spite of the fact that I'm not a TM player, I think the game could have scored higher when the people you're trading with were moving figures. Cuteness adds to the fun of a number of people, including me.

Another thing I liked was the emotion-bar, telling you exactly how far you could go in your trading-bizz with people.

As I said, a good game worth to try and buy.

I'll pass this one though. It's just not my kind of game.

Nice comment CG

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 13, 11 9:35 AM
This game is somewhat like the game Antiques Roadshow, only not nearly as good. The pros of the game is that you have 3 modes to choose from. The con is that the HOG scene is not crisp, but muted, and it's a junk pile, so finding objects not easy. Because of that, it's a no buy for me. It could have been a fun game, but just isn't,

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 13, 11 9:51 AM
As I write this, only 10 (well, nine, actually) reviews after nine hours? That wouldn't bode well, would it? And for a "Mumbo-Jumbo" game?

Well, I'm an inveterate H0Gster, but something about "Pickers" grabbed me. This is the "one person's trash is another person's treasure" storyline. Rummage around in different locations, make offers, buy stuff, all the while keeping an eye on the seller's emotion bar (as CasualGran noted), return to your shop and price stuff to either sell or auction. Along the way, there are H0 scenes, and 40 keys to find to unlock some type of bonus gameplay.

The Options menu has the good things, and there are no less than four gameplay modes! The first mode is "Relaxed"--no TM constraints. The other three incorporate TM--I tried the second one, a "30-day" thingy--no pressure that I could tell. Graphics are very good; the music track is a bit overbearing. A lady pops in occasionally to offer some advice, but she's not really a "helping hand."

This is a TM/H0/Buy-and-Sell game--it's different, but I like it. Try it!

Regards, elldee

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 9:52:55 AM PST

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Dec 13, 11 10:15 AM
Have played a couple of hours and really enjoying it. Love the autioneer. **** scenes fairly simple, Sellers tend to get cranky easily but you can always go back and buy something you really want. Looking forward to the rest of the game.
ETA - I got censored! Here in OZ that word is associated with Santa!!!!

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 10:17:36 AM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Dec 13, 11 11:30 AM
elldee2728 wrote:As I write this, only 10 (well, nine, actually) reviews after nine hours? That wouldn't bode well, would it? And for a "Mumbo-Jumbo" game?

Yes I just don't get it. It seriously reminds me of an American TV show that a ton of people are nuts about. I posted this to facebook and my friends who love the show are going to try it and hopefully become fishies tomorrow.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 13, 11 12:35 PM
As an old barn-sale veteran, I liked looking at the old stuff. Reminded me of the stuff I sifted through looking for my perfect find.

But in a computer game, I prefer brighter clearer graphics. More color, not so many shades of rusty faded...ummm... brown. Just didn't find the graphics (or music) appealing.

Then I had to haggle with each seller. Man, I had them turning red in no time! Guess it's not for me.

[Post New]by QuiltGoddess66 on Dec 13, 11 1:34 PM
I love this game. Bought as soon as the trial was over and I'm starting my second time through. It took about 6 hours to finish the first time and now I want to find all the 2 piece treasures. Plus I want to get all the achievements.

Thumbs up from me!

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Dec 13, 11 1:57 PM
brookings wrote:This game is somewhat like the game Antiques Roadshow, only not nearly as good. The pros of the game is that you have 3 modes to choose from. The con is that the HOG scene is not crisp, but muted, and it's a junk pile, so finding objects not easy. Because of that, it's a no buy for me. It could have been a fun game, but just isn't,
I am a fervent garage saler but this game did nothing for me. SORRY!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 13, 11 2:49 PM
This was a fun game. I like the "upgrade my house, garden, wedding, antique store" type games for something a little different. This one could get very boring after a short time. You don't have anything to do with your money...just buy and sell stuff. Not enough of a challenge, so no buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 13, 11 3:07 PM
I have tried this game, but didn`t like it very much - the graphic is really bad on my laptop and I dislike the storyline. For me its a definete no buy

Go to: