textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for The Island: Castaway 2

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 14, 11 7:31 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Comments for The Island: Castaway 2

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 14, 11 8:03 AM
I made a thread and posted a bunch of spoilers in case anyone gets stuck.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 14, 11 8:57 AM
Thanks Tex! I bought it untried but I know I'll love it. I loved the first one! I don't want to start it yet as I'll be away from this computer until Monday and I don't want to start it and not be able to finish it! I have LOTS of free time next week so I know what I'LL be doing!

Wonder why it was a soft release?

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Dec 14, 11 9:41 AM
ajuma wrote:Wonder why it was a soft release?

Can someone please tell me what is a 'soft release'?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 14, 11 10:04 AM
I got this from the Dev,site some time ago. I totally rate the first one as one of my most favorite games ever,but I hated this one so bad that I deleted it!

You are continuously having to grow and then prepare food because his energy drops almost as fast as a rock dropped in a pond! Couldn't even enjoy the game because of that. You spend more time planting harvesting and storing up cooked recipes than being able to move around and explore.

Edited on 12/15/2011 at 10:26:51 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 14, 11 3:00 PM
Believe it or not, energy doesn't drop any quicker than the first game. I think it seems that way because you run for longer distances in this game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 14, 11 3:02 PM
Alrydian wrote:
ajuma wrote:Wonder why it was a soft release?

Can someone please tell me what is a 'soft release'?

A soft release is a new game that is released, but it's not featured as a TGT (Tomorrow's Game Today). The reasons vary...but it's usually because it's been released previously by the developer

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Dec 15, 11 10:18 AM
Thanks textrekkie, I was myself wondering why it was so long since the original release in October.
It should have been a TGT as the first in this series was a great game and very popular, looks like hidden object games take over everything

Anyway I'm happy I got my copy in October like you, I still have quite a bit to do though to finish the game

[Post New]by janisw on Dec 15, 11 2:41 PM
This is my first time asking a questions but I was wondering how to find Shamon Roho. I have looked every where. thank you

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 15, 11 5:16 PM
I waited so long for this game to come out. I was happy to see it yesterday. I downloaded the demo on the developer's site last month and really enjoyed the game. I can't wait until I can find the time to play the whole game. This is definitely one of my favorite games.

I enjoyed Wandering Willows also but I read that a sequel to that one is not likely as the creator is not with the developer anymore. That's too bad. I liked that one a lot too.

Has anyone heard when Pahelika 2 might hit Big Fish Games. It's been out for a while now.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 16, 11 5:07 AM
janisw wrote:This is my first time asking a questions but I was wondering how to find Shamon Roho. I have looked every where. thank you

The shaman is located in Oke Lands. If you walk left of the sanctuary and follow the wall, you will come to a cave opening. Go through the cave to get to Oke Lands.

I posted my walkthrough in the spoiler section.

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 10:49:53 AM PST

[Post New]by janisw on Dec 16, 11 8:31 AM
Thank you for the info. Plus thanks for the walkthrough. It helps.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 18, 11 9:11 AM
janisw wrote:This is my first time asking a questions but I was wondering how to find Shamon Roho. I have looked every where. thank you

He's usually through the end of the cave at the top right. But you should make sure he's there first, by clicking on the map and then the yellow star. If there is a star, that's him. But if his star is blue, there's no point because he won't talk to you.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Dec 19, 11 7:42 AM
This game is excellent! I played the first and loved it as well. While the game play is similar - the characters are different and the task are different. I love adventure games like this. You have to think and plan such as preparing food for longer tasks.

I wish there were more games of this type. The Westward series is another I love. It's just so much fun to be involved and intrigued at the same time.

Bravo to the Devs!

vocano
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by vocano on Mar 4, 12 8:22 PM
im on chapter 5 cant get rid of the clouds.tried walking by the walls on far beach and the swamp nothing works. dont know how to get 30 kl lightfoot only have 10. dont know what the 4 special items r that r listed in the storage bag .i only have the necklace. can anyone help me? im totally stuck

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 5, 12 4:12 PM
Hi vocano - I think we got you all fixed up in the cloud department now!

I'm glad you sent a PM!

Edited on 03/05/2012 at 4:13:14 PM PST

Go to: