bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 15, 11 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 15, 11 12:46 AM
Just D/L this game and it came up Trial Expired and I haven't played a second???

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 15, 11 1:17 AM
Every time I click 'trial' in the Game Manager, the 'goodbye come back soon' message pops up and it closes down! Then, if I click on the game icon that opens on the W7 taskbar I've just got a picture of BFG logo in the corner!
I can't start the game at all....any ideas please?
I've W7 64-bit.

Edited to say that once I close the taskbar icon, the GM opens itself up again!
I tried opening it from the files. When clicking on the .exe file it started to run, but promptly stopped again. Not sure if it's worth reinstalling yet, as I'm fairly sure it's a fault with the game. My machine is bang up to date, and no games of late have had any tech issues on it. Also tried to run as administrator but still no joy.

Edited on 12/15/2011 at 1:25:37 AM PST

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 15, 11 1:25 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled and I've got the 60 min trial back ...strange? Has this happened to any other fishy?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 15, 11 1:34 AM
limey_scale wrote:Uninstalled and reinstalled and I've got the 60 min trial back ...strange? Has this happened to any other fishy?
Yes, it happened more.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 15, 11 2:11 AM
Hi Dobbie ...Off to give it a trial

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 15, 11 3:35 AM
I had trouble getting the game started--I kept getting Error 809, which is apparently something along the lines of Game Already Running. I eventually had to restart the computer. Only then would the game actually open.

Even so, it didn't run smoothly. The images became jerky now and then, and a couple of times the images froze while the audio continued--and vice versa. The game worked pretty well once it got started...but for a Collector's Edition, I expect more than pretty well.

[Post New]by maevekelly on Dec 15, 11 4:08 AM
I played the demo with no problem,however now any time I start another game it signs me off the game manager. Anyone else having this problem?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 15, 11 4:39 AM
Tried to play twice and each time it says time it says Closing Game Manager but it never actually closes. The game don't come up either. I have had to shut down my puter each time and start all over.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 15, 11 4:43 AM
bratzgram wrote:Tried to play twice and each time it says time it says Closing Game Manager but it never actually closes. The game don't come up either. I have had to shut down my puter each time and start all over.

This happened to me once when I exited the game and wanted to get back in. So I just clicked on the "Game Title" at the left-hand side, and found the game from my list and then clicked "Play" again, and it worked the second time round.

There may be a glitch with the start of the game, but it will work if you try it again. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Dec 15, 11 5:15 AM
I,m having the same probs..Think I,ll wait to buy,,,give them a chance to work out the bugs..

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Dec 15, 11 6:14 AM
I too downloaded trial and it came up trial expired? Loaded first time with Chrome and now trying Explorer.

[Post New]by pixiecat2007 on Dec 15, 11 6:41 AM
Same problem others are having, downloaded game fine no problem, went to play trial it tells me game expired, havent even played the trial, tried to uninstall , reinstall still no good so wont be buying this game, to many glitches already, before the games even played.

[Post New]by alicekramden on Dec 15, 11 8:36 AM
When I click on Play, the Game Manager closes. Still able to play the game, but a bit disconcerting......

jonrob
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jonrob on Dec 15, 11 10:42 AM
This might be an OK game If the transitioning between screens didn't drag on so long.
Also, when I went to shut the game down it froze. I had to restart my computer. It's a no buy for me!

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Redmink on Dec 15, 11 11:19 AM
Played the Demo in full.

Installed full version ... where'd my profile go?

Had to start from scratch!!!

Not Good.

Any way to recover the original data file?

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Dec 15, 11 11:43 AM
I've encountered a strange problem. I'm near the end and searching for the keys.

WARNING SPOILER ALERT highlight to read.

I do not have the sharp knife in my inventory. I have cleared the painting in which it should have been taken and will not let me get back there to try and retrieve it, so I can't cut open the large portrait. I've tried following the hints to see if they would take me to a different approach but it directs me to the portrait. It seems I am stuck here. Anyone have suggestions or is there a work-around here?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 15, 11 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,

For those of you having troubles with the Trial Version expiring before being able to play the game, please exit out of the Game Manager and restart it or uninstall and reinstall your game.

If you're having issues with the Game Manager, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager to see if this helps: Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

Oldgamer99, you may want to see if posting your question in the Game Forum as a separate thread might help, just in case there was a step missed during game play.

If you need any further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help! Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 15, 11 12:51 PM
Oldgamer99 wrote:I've encountered a strange problem. I'm near the end and searching for the keys.

WARNING SPOILER ALERT highlight to read.

I do not have the sharp knife in my inventory. I have cleared the painting in which it should have been taken and will not let me get back there to try and retrieve it, so I can't cut open the large portrait. I've tried following the hints to see if they would take me to a different approach but it directs me to the portrait. It seems I am stuck here. Anyone have suggestions or is there a work-around here?

There was one painting that didn't need a knife but I am not sure if that is the one or not. Have you tried other items in your inventory on it?

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Dec 15, 11 1:09 PM
I've tried every single thing in my inventory. That's when I resorted to using the hints button and it always points me to the big picture. The painting on the right is where the object should be but I don't get the option to view that area anymore. Then I resorted to the strategy guide, and according to it, I should have the object. I have a green check by that task.

Go to: