bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Christmasville

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 15, 11 1:50 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Christmasville? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Christmasville page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmasville

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Dec 19, 11 11:36 AM
I thought this game was dumb. I had to force myself to finish it. I purschased it as a DD & I still don't think it was even worth that. That's about all I can say about it.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Dec 19, 11 3:30 PM
Bought this a couple of Christmas' ago and couldn't stop playing it. A unique, delightful and charming Holiday theme game, with a quirky cast of characters, that the whole family can enjoy! Santa has gone missing and his band of inhabitants of "Christmasville" hire you (a private eye) to help find him in time for Christmas. Plenty to keep you busy with a variety of hidden objects/and puzzles to solve. Kids and adults alike will find this fun to play. After the Holidays I unistall it and then reinstall the following year for the Holidays. Always look forward to it!

[Post New]by missjean on Jan 7, 12 8:05 PM
I can't get passed the north pole map help

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 22, 12 9:00 PM
I think this game would appeal to some. There is an attempt at humor - an unsuccessful attempt IMHO.

It's not for me. I'd like to find a sweet, gentle Christmas game - untimed.

If anyone reads this - please play the demo before purchasing. This game is unique, to say the least.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 18, 12 5:01 PM
I don't dislike this game in fact it was quite fun to pass nearly 3hrs but it is below average overall, and due to it being short and a bit repetitive I give it 2 stars.
One of the good things about it is the quirky funny storyline and thought the ending was good. This is a timed straight HOG, with no choice of levels. If you don't meet the time you just redo the same scene with the same items.

Each photo/stage has a main scene in it and you play a list type and then usually a silhoutte type and or find 'x' amount of items in same scene. Then there is a puzzle which is either - swap tiles around to form picture, turn tiles around to form picture, match pairs, find differences or a cryptogram. The order of what you do is varied but it's the same in each photo. There are tips (hints) but it's slow filling. I don't think you can skip the puzzles but they are easy although they are timed as well.

The scenes are quite fun and not junk pile. It's a goofy game in a good way, you either like that kind of thing or you don't. I just wished there was a bit more variety. I don't usually like straight HOGS so I guess I was wishing some more interactive scenes between the HOS rather than a corkboard, I don't mean adventure just some more interactions. They also repeated the type of puzzles a lot.

You can skip the dialogue and there is a lot of it. There are only 20 "levels" (photo).
For family or kids it will bring goofy Christmas distraction for 3hrs (more 2hrs if you are skipping dialogue). If it's on a DD then I'd say look at it if you love straight HOGs but not at full price due to shortness and repeating puzzles and there are better Christmas games.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 5:27 PM
I really enjoyed this hidden object game, lots to do, fun with very little frustration. Try it!

Go to: