textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 15, 11 4:31 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

Re:Comments for Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 15, 11 6:10 AM
Very clever game; well done. I love going between the two worlds, finding and hiding objects, interacting with ghosts, etc. This is a definite buy, just don't know if I will buy as CE or SE. H0 scenes are not terribly difficult, but I have used a few hints because I'm impatient to see what's next. Voice-overs are not bad, sometimes they can be stilted. Hints are very quick to refill on casual mode, and the strategy guide is very good.

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Dec 15, 11 8:45 AM
just finished the demo, really like the game. i like that it has a different approach to **** games. it reminds me of "hounds of baskerville" which i own and love to play. however, will have to be patient and wait for the se as i still have a lot of christmas gifts to buy. maybe if can be a little frugal i'll come back after the holiday and buy.i have a patience problem when i get hooked on a game!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Dec 15, 11 12:22 PM
lilflirt: I have the same problem as you have...about the patience
so I bought the game after playing it for 5 minutes (just wanted to know if it was working alright)

and I'm hooked...great game
it will be late tonight...

Yvonne

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Dec 15, 11 1:05 PM
So far I am enjoying this game. The momochrome coloring does not bother me and the hidden objects are very clear and actually look like they should. The voiceovers are kinda lame, but since I don't play with the sound on anyway, they are not a bother. As for buying, maybe towards the end of the month if I need to fill a punch card. The story line is interesting and I like going in and out of the mirrors.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Dec 15, 11 1:10 PM
I fell in Love with this game at the beginning. I rarely buy CE's anymore, but may have to purchase this one....Just hope the bonus and regular game play are worth the extra money.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 15, 11 7:02 PM
I played the game and enjoyed playing. It is a little different having to go to different realms for HOs. The only thing I don't like is the guide. IT doesn't pick up where I left off in the instructions and you have to click on an icon to see the photo shots. At least the guide is on the same page as the scene I am on. I also don't know if I want to buy as a CE or SE game yet.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Dec 17, 11 7:56 PM
Is there a skip for puzzles in this game? If yes where? I can't get the bricks to stay in the fireplace??? Help please

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 25, 11 6:37 PM
pattyjo wrote:Is there a skip for puzzles in this game? If yes where? I can't get the bricks to stay in the fireplace??? Help please

Yes. The skip bar appears at the bottom of the puzzles.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 25, 11 6:42 PM
I am about half or three fourths through the game and I am boiling. I missed one step and am missing a key and the game will not let me go back to pick up the key that was in the painting. It is not right that because I didn't see the knife in the one painting when I was in the art room the first time that I cannot go back and get the knife. I clicked on the painting and it changed to Catherine so I guess that is why I can't get the knife I need. This means I will have to REDO the WHOLE GAME again if I want to finish it. Grrrrrrrrr

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 2, 12 10:54 AM
I want to live in the ghost realm house. Even if it does remind me of the lavish excess of Versailles. Or maybe b/c it does. The baroque detail was incredibly well done.

Kudos to the artists for making you want to fall into the picture. That hasn't happened in a game since the early days of ERS....OK maybe Beauty & the Beast. But it doesn't happen often enough.

O no, wait, falling into the picture was the concept behind F.A.C.E.S. LOL

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on May 19, 12 1:14 PM
Besides this game and Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles, is there another game out there where you cross between two worlds?

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Jan 6, 13 12:37 PM
Hi, Scarlett,

Back in May of 2012 you asked if there were any other games besides Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts, and Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles, where you cross between two worlds. You probably know by now, but just in case, I recommend trying Mystery of Mortlake Mansion.

Go to: