Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Dec 15, 11 6:22 PM
Hello! A few fishy friends are beginning a group-play of Hotel here, and welcome any and all who wish to join us. We will all play individually of course, but will share and enhance the experience by chatting, encouraging each other, posting tips and offering help (if requested) along the way.

Since everyone will be playing at his or her own pace, we do ask that everyone please refrain from posting spoilers openly by whiting them out.

We plan to have a lot of fun and hope you will join in.
The more the merrier!

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 16, 11 12:12 PM
Hi rmom, I found you!

Well I haven't had chance to play much yet todaybut I have so far been and had a wander around in the Hotel and hopefully I have managed to get my bearings!

I will go back in, in a little while to do some more investigating. Wonder if anyone else joins us.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Dec 16, 11 12:26 PM
Hi rmom and popla!

Ooooo.... another game to tackle . I'm still playing Syberia right now but I can go back and forth with the two games. I had to check my purchase history before I answered because the dreaded CRS kicked in. I have it so you can count me in.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 16, 11 12:42 PM
Hi jboliver!

That's great that you can join in here too. We had so much fun with Syberia, we thought we would do this one in the interim before we start Syberia II after the holidays (rmom's idea) . Enjoy

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 16, 11 5:55 PM
Downloaded and started playing. Got a few things accomplished,
but its late now so I'll be heading to bed.
Wondering how much I'll remember seeing as its been a little
over a year since last played.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Dec 17, 11 6:57 AM
Sorry for the delay, folks! Really been going nuts here with a crazy schedule but will be playing today.
Welcome all!!!!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 17, 11 7:43 AM
not doing too badly, stuck in a few places-you know, wandering
around after accomplishing some things and not sure what to
do next.
That Matisse is a real pill!!
I was looking through some of the threads and found I had
posted a question the first time I played. Remember being
majorly stuck and not having a clue!
Feel like more of a pro this time!!!
Really enjoying playing this again

Something else I noticed-Kate Walker (Syberia) has her jacket.
Biggi has her jeans pocket!!!
The things she is pulling out have me laughing!

Edited on 12/17/2011 at 10:46:31 AM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Dec 18, 11 4:09 AM
Hi all!

I only got a chance to start the game to familiarize myself (again) with the game play. From my way of playing Syberia, I desperately tried to make Biggi run like Kate. It didn't work .

One thing I would love to find out is where the heck did that forktruck go?!!

I will try to do more with both games but I am having car trouble ( battery, possibly the alternator) so I'm not sure how far I'll get.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 18, 11 6:33 AM
I cannot believe it-I finished it!
Thank you RenaissanceMom for starting this.
It was nice to replay this.
I'm seriously thinking about replaying Syberia for the
third time now!

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 18, 11 10:08 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:Hi all!

I only got a chance to start the game to familiarize myself (again) with the game play. From my way of playing Syberia, I desperately tried to make Biggi run like Kate. It didn't work .

One thing I would love to find out is where the heck did that forktruck go?!!

I will try to do more with both games but I am having car trouble ( battery, possibly the alternator) so I'm not sure how far I'll get.

I haven't had much chance myself to get very far either yet. I am glad you mentioned the fork truck, I was thinking the exact same thing LOL I guess she has BIG pockets and the strength of an elephant If you want to make her walk faster press the spacebar, that speeds her up!

Sorry you are having trouble with your car, that sucks, hope you manage to get it sorted soon.

Right I am off to see if I can't get some more of Hotel done. I turned it on last night and within minutes I fell asleep and woke up an hour later I'm surprised she didn't get get bored and go home LOL

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 18, 11 6:45 PM
Well done on completing the game luvtoread, glad you enjoyed it.

I seem to have got up to the point I was at the first time I played it. I had a save from the first time around and it looks like I have taken exactly the same amount of time to reach this point this time round too!

I have ** just got to the cemetery, which I shall investigate tomorrow.**

Hope everyone who is playing is having fun.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Dec 20, 11 3:39 PM
Well I seem to be talking to myself at the moment LOL but just thought that I would say that I finished the game yesterday.

I enjoyed this game, it's a good little adventure game and I liked the way the hint button works too. It doesn't hint at what to do, but shows you the exits and things you can interact with in some way. I found this rather useful near the begninning of the game as I knew exactly what I needed to do but couldn't work it out! Turns out I hadn't seen something that I should have!

If anyone else is still playing, enjoy.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:40:15 PM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Dec 23, 11 3:16 AM
Hi popla

I'm still here. I just got sidetracked with my car problems and haven't been able to play either game because I just couldn't concentrate. Thankfully it was only the alternator belt that needed to be tightened and the bill was only $30. Not the possible $300 or more I was anticipating.

I ended out at the beginning of the labyrinth, so I will continue very soon.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 1, 12 2:26 AM
Oh I'm glad that your car problems have been sorted and that it was a cheap fix too. Cars....they are fantastic when working but a nightmare when not!

Hope you are still enjoying the game.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 7, 12 6:01 AM
Well, I finally got a chance to finish the game. I thought it was a decent game but it definitely doesn't stack up to Syberia. Now I have to complete Syberia to move on to Syberia 2.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 17, 12 4:16 PM
Welcome everyone to the group play of Hotel. As with every group play, we are here to play and chat about the game (obviously!). Here we can share our successes and rant about our frustrations. During group plays we like to encourage each other and help each other out when we get stuck.

Group plays are not a race and we all play at our own pace, so do not worry if you are miles ahead or miles behind the other players. We are here to enjoy the game. For this reason I do request that any and all spoilers are whited out, so as not to spoil the experience/game for anyone.

I will make a players/assistants list so we can see who is playing. So please 'check in' and I will add you to the list. Anyone is welcome to join, so come on in and have some fun.

Some quick tips for Hotel:

Saving the game: As with all adventure games you need to manually save your game. This can be done from the game play screen. In the bottom right hand corner is a taskbar of sorts. Click Menu and then Save Game. It will ask you to enter a title (this can be anything you want it to be) and then click OK.

Inventory: There are two ways to access your inventory in this game. The first is by clicking on the word Inventory in the lower right corner of the game screen. The other way that it can be accessed is to right click anywhere on the screen. Once the inventory is open, it will stay open until you close it. This can be done in the same way that you can open the inventory.

Making your character move faster!: To make her move faster press the spacebar while she is walking. If you are wanting to go to an area that you have already visited, double clicking the area you want to go to will transfer you straight to the next screen.

The Hint button: This is found on the lower right hand side of the game screen. Clicking this will show you all the points of interest on the screen (exits, things to look at/pick up). This can come in handy when you know you are missing something! The Hint button will not hint to any solutions, just areas of interest.

Cursor icons: When the cursor shows a person, it means you can walk to that area. The cursor changes to a magnifying glass if there is something to look at. When the cursor changes to a hand, there is something that you can pick up. Clicking the item when you have the hand icon will produce both the magnifying glass and the hand, you then choose which one you want to do. Clicking the magnifying glass at this point will give you a bit of information about the item. Clicking the hand will add the item to inventory.

There is also a brief tutorial at the beginning of the game, which you can choose to skip if you wish.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 17, 12 4:17 PM
Players List
alvertis5706 - Finished
LovetiMissLisa - Finished
Mr_Russ - Finished
amj0963 - Playing
popla27 - Finished
sunshinej - Finished
Catfish_girl - Finished
hazelize - Finished
mariannequilts - Finished
Dialogue - Finished
cherbtoo - Finished
yve501 - Finished
govols2 - Finished

Helpers list
popla - Assisting

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 4:30:40 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 17, 12 7:39 PM
Thanks Popla; I'll be playing along with you. I've already started the game, and have questions about the "save" function. I found in the 'help' section, that you can press F2 to auto-save. The first save I did was the manuel one, but then I did the F2 save on the next 3; and it seems to work so far..do I dare continue on in this way?
Also, possible related to this; what is the difference between "resume game", and "load game". I've been using "resume" along with the auto-save F2, and so far I haven't lost anything.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 17, 12 8:17 PM
Hi Popla:

I'll be here tommorow. I don't want to start until after midnight. But I'll be checking in.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 17, 12 9:42 PM
Also, possible related to this; what is the difference between "resume game", and "load game". I've been using "resume" along with the auto-save F2, and so far I haven't lost anything.
Resume is always where you immediately left off. Load is any of a number of saves.

Go to: