bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Azada: In Libro

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 16, 11 12:12 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Azada: In Libro? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Azada: In Libro page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 16, 11 12:42 AM
I bought the CE, because this is such a great game.

Although this is not a HOG (hidden object game), it plays just like all the other ERS HOGs, only without the HOS (hidden object scenes). And I hope ERS will make more if this particular genre.

I was not sure whether I would like this game because, apart from the fact that I am not very good at puzzles, I don't like games that provide only puzzles, and need variety in a game.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that I loved the puzzles, and even managed most of them.

This is a really wonderful and highly entertaining game: lovely graphics, lovely scenery, and you will encounter the usual characters that we know so well from ERS games. And, of course, there is voice-over.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Dec 16, 11 1:02 AM
THANK YOU for what I would consider a very good review. Not a lot of long detail, just the meat and potatoes of the game. I like to read reviews that are just an overview, short and to the point. Please do more.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 16, 11 1:16 AM
I have been waiting for this one since the CE came out! I loved playing the demo of the CE and noted it down to buy the SE as soon as it came out. I played the demo and was reminded of what a good game it was. The graphics and musics were outstanding. I didn't mind that there wasn't any **** Scenes in the game like others as noted. The gameplay was challenging enough just finding certain objects. The mini games weren't too bad. All in all, I found it a great refresher of a great game and would rate it a 10 out of 10.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 16, 11 1:17 AM
Valdy wrote:I bought the CE, because this is such a great game.

Although this is not a HOG (hidden object game), it plays just like all the other ERS HOGs, only without the HOS (hidden object scenes). And I hope ERS will make more if this particular genre.

I was not sure whether I would like this game because, apart from the fact that I am not very good at puzzles, I don't like games that provide only puzzles, and need variety in a game.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that I loved the puzzles, and even managed most of them.

This is a really wonderful and highly entertaining game: lovely graphics, lovely scenery, and you will encounter the usual characters that we know so well from ERS games. And, of course, there is voice-over.

Yep yep, Valdy talked me into it. Besides a great review, she would make an excellent sales rep Going to buy a token because I have a feeling it's a winner. And it being ERS, you can't go wrong there! Thanks Valdy!

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 1:18:56 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 16, 11 2:28 AM
LOL Awww... thanks guys. Your compliments are really appreciated.

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Dec 16, 11 3:03 AM
Great review Valdy, without any of the tech stuff

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Dec 16, 11 3:19 AM
I really enjoyed this game as well and was waiting until it came out as a SE before buying. To me, the fun of these types of games is exploring the different scenes and finding inventory objects and figuring out where to use them. IMO, this game had just the right amount of difficulty (I am playing on the middle difficulty mode). I don't mind that there are no hidden object scenes; those aren't a must-have in my opinion. The graphics were good and familiar (ERS) and I was happy to see this game offered as a SE this morning!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 16, 11 4:46 AM
I posted this in the thread about H0 scenes and figured I'd post it here too...

The original Azada (and probably part 2) didn't have hidden object scenes. They were about the puzzles.

With this one BFG teamed with ERS (which I wish they hadn't done) and what we have is a typical ERS game (very typical) except w/ no H0 scenes.

That's really it. If you like the usual ERS games, you'll like this if you don't mind no H0 scenes. The "puzzles" in the game aren't up the Azada standards.

I think BF teaming w/ ERS was sort of a cop out because this game really is nothing like the first Azada that everyone was waiting for the part 3 of, which was an original BF game, iirc.

In and of itself it is a nice enough game, I played the demo of the CE and liked it. I would NOT have called this Azada though.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 16, 11 5:57 AM
I am a great lover of HOG type games but this one is a good break from those as an adventure type. I was tempted to buy the CE but too many other CE games came out and I spent my alloted money on those first. I am buying this version now. Thanks to BFG and ERS for this one as ERS in one of my favorite developer. Keep up the good work

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Dec 16, 11 6:32 AM
Valdy wrote:I bought the CE, because this is such a great game.

Thank you Valdy. I was looking for exactly what you said. Will give a try.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 16, 11 6:49 AM
Thanks Valdy, as a CE player, can you give us an idea what the extra game play might involve. What are the pro and cons of buying the CE in your opinion?

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 16, 11 8:23 AM
I agree with with everything Krissywillow said in her post. I, too, was hoping for a game more like Azada #1 or Azada #2 or a mixture of the two.

From what I have played so far, Azada: In Libro is an enjoyable game but I feel it would have been more popular had it been made by the original developers and followed the trends of the first two in the series.

It seems that game developers forget to heed the tried and true saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by RedSox22 on Dec 16, 11 10:21 AM
Classicaljazz wrote:I agree with with everything Krissywillow said in her post. I, too, was hoping for a game more like Azada #1 or Azada #2 or a mixture of the two.

From what I have played so far, Azada: In Libro is an enjoyable game but I feel it would have been more popular had it been made by the original developers and followed the trends of the first two in the series.

It seems that game developers forget to heed the tried and true saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Classicaljazz

And I totally disagree. The simple fact is everyone has their personal taste in games. In my opinion Azada 1 and 2 were great games but In Libro is by far the best....."hands down". Personally, if I wanted to play the same games all the time I'd just stick to "Tic-Tac-Toe". I applaud these developers for continuing to reinvent the wheel and provide new, refreshing, entertaining and challenging games.

Well done!

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 10:23:41 AM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 16, 11 11:02 AM
I enjoyed the trial for the CE and joted a note to buy the SE when it came out. But just to refresh my memory I played the trial for the SE and I still Love This Game! I don't care that there aren't any H0 scenes. I am loving the adventure and the puzzles. Have a credit and the full version is downloading now. There were a few times when I simply could not figure out what to do next and had to use the walkthrough...duh, the solution was a no brainer...but for the most part I am just skipping along having fun on this dreary day in Ohio.
Oh yea, by the way the hint will tell you "there is nothing to do here" or it will zero in on what you need to do so that really helps sometimes.

Edited to say: I finished the game and really enjoyed it to the end. I can't give a length of time it took me to finish though cause I played it over a couple days...sort of a reward to myself when I would finish a chore I know...that's lame for a someone at my advanced age to have to reward myself when I do housework..but it works and takes away any lingering guilt from playing. But the puzzles went to the very last scene and all were very intriguing and enjoyable. Not your usual puzzles by any means. Glad I bought this.

Edited on 12/17/2011 at 9:00:20 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 16, 11 11:30 AM
cll1950 wrote:Thanks Valdy, as a CE player, can you give us an idea what the extra game play might involve. What are the pro and cons of buying the CE in your opinion?

Hi cll1950...

I am sorry to say that I can't remember what the bonus game was about. I think the bonus game gets you into that area which you can't access while you are standing on that platform and you have to click on the book at the left. And that forest that shows in the middle, that is the place, I believe, you will go in the bonus game.

However, one thing I do know is that the bonus game is super short - I mentioned that in the CE forum. And although most ERS bonus games are short, this one was even shorter than others. But, I didn't buy the CE for the bonus game - not this time - but for the SG, simply because I knew there were lots of puzzles, and since I am not all that good at them, I thought it best to have the SG handy when and if I needed it. But... I hardly ever did need it. Figured most of the puzzles out all by myself.

So although the bonus game was not bad, it was very short. I would probably have waited for the SE if I hadn't thought that I might need the SG for the puzzles - which I didn't after all. LOL
Hope this all makes sense.

ETA: I just popped to that other site that does reviews (starts with a "G" and sounds like something you put into your garden). They have the complete walkthrough, which includes the bonus game. So see what you think.

Edited on 12/17/2011 at 1:18:22 AM PST

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Dec 16, 11 1:35 PM
Really liked this game, bought it with my montly credit. Was not thrown off by the absence of hidden object screens since I really like puzzle games as much. The only negative comment on this and most new games is the absence of widescreen. With most, if not all people with a PC now having widescreens, why not make this a default format and make letterbox be just a choice in the options menu (note this game does show "wide screen" in the options but unlike most other games this does nothing).

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 1:38:38 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 16, 11 6:48 PM
A very good and reliable friend of mine told me the game is one where you need the CE to get the full value of the story so no sale here

I need some games for next Felix Favourite sale so not all bad

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Dec 16, 11 11:01 PM
Oh my golly gosh! What an absolutely stunning game, and really quite difficult even in the casual setting. Numerous hints were required to point me in the right direction - there are many hot spots in most scenes, and I didnt always find all of them without help.

The graphics and landscapes are beautiful. The music fitted the game very well but I do tend to lower the volume on everything so that it doesnt interfere in my game play.

I did not miss the H0 scenes I have to admit - it was refreshing not to have to wade thru junk piles for the obligatory crow bar.

The puzzles were very well done - easy to very difficult - several of which I had to skip cos I wanted to move on with the game and they were taking too long to complete.

Finally, this game took hours - I would guess at about 7 altogether ... but I did find the ending .... sudden. Although it does look as tho it leaves it open for another.

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Dec 17, 11 1:50 PM
What a cool game! I bought the CE too cuz it was just a cool game. If you have to search for it, I'm in! I hope they do another one, this is a nice change from the standard hidden object games.

Huge thumbs up from me.

Go to: