je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

No Hidden Object scenes?

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 16, 11 12:52 AM
Purchased the game with a credit as I had to use it up - didn't really read the description. However, I just read Valdy's review...no Hidden Object scenes? It says it's a Hidden Object Adventure...(???)

I hate puzzles, darnit! That'll teach me to wait before I buy!

Have a great weekend all! Four days til I'm home in the states! yay!!

Pam

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:No Hidden Object scenes?

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 16, 11 12:56 AM
Hi je_peche...

No, there are no hidden object scenes in this game. When it first came out as a CE, I too was disappointed, because I don't like games that have only puzzles. But I quickly changed my mind about the game. I managed almost all the puzzles - they are different from what you usually get in HOGs, and I had a great time playing this game. And the feel of this game is just like a HOG, just without the HOS.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 16, 11 12:58 AM
thanks, but :-( Maybe I'll save it for the plane...

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 16, 11 1:06 AM
lolol Um Valdy? I couldn't help myself - opened it "just to see" and you were right - it's GORGEOUS.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 16, 11 2:26 AM
je_peche wrote:lolol Um Valdy? I couldn't help myself - opened it "just to see" and you were right - it's GORGEOUS.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 16, 11 4:45 AM
The original Azada (and probably part 2) didn't have hidden object scenes. They were about the puzzles.

With this one BFG teamed with ERS (which I wish they hadn't done) and what we have is a typical ERS game (very typical) except w/ no H0 scenes.

That's really it. If you like the usual ERS games, you'll like this if you don't mind no H0 scenes. The "puzzles" in the game aren't up the Azada standards.

I think BF teaming w/ ERS was sort of a cop out because this game really is nothing like the first Azada that everyone was waiting for the part 3 of, which was an original BF game, iirc.

In and of itself it is a nice enough game, I played the demo of the CE and liked it. I would NOT have called this Azada though.

eire11
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by eire11 on Dec 18, 11 7:39 PM
YEAH! NO HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!!!!!!!!

BARPAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BARPAT on Dec 24, 11 9:54 AM
eire11 wrote:YEAH! NO HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES!!!!!!!!

BARPAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BARPAT on Dec 24, 11 9:55 AM
Here Here!!

[Post New]by flammable55 on Jan 28, 13 9:17 AM
I bought this purely because it didn't have HO scenes. I am annoyed at BigFish for the ridiculous number of HOGs and iHOGs it seems to churn out at a rate of knots. If you want a HOG buy one of the millions.... not this one.

Go to: