bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any The Secret Order: New Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 17, 11 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Order: New Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Dec 17, 11 2:16 AM
I am unable to use the pain killer on the wound. I have run 5 minutes out of play time by trying to place the bottle in various spots. I see where others have had this problem but were eventually able to continue. I would sure like to purchase this game but if I can't continue from here it seems silly.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Dec 17, 11 4:05 AM
I,m unable to click on the ice cream in the hidden objects at the refrigerator.It,s off the page!and theres no room to get it...There goes another game..What do I do now? Which help page will help me? Thnx

[Post New]by tonysbride on Dec 17, 11 4:12 AM
Can't get the ice cream scoop....need that to continue; it's off the page and you can't pick it up??????

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Dec 17, 11 5:27 AM
"Can't get the ice cream scoop....need that to continue; it's off the page and you can't pick it up??????"

Same here. I can see the sparkles, but not the scoop. It's too far off the page.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 17, 11 5:34 AM
I was loving this game until everything went wrong The first problem was with the Griffin Book puzzle. None of the buttons would let me move pieces. I thought, okay, I'll just skip and move forward. Then I got to the bus where I needed to wet the rag in the bucket. It won't let me. Now the bucket isn't accessible at all. After trying to put the rag in the first time and it didn't work. Now my cursor won't even change,

I thought I had missed something so I checked the walk through. I did what I was supposed to but can't continue without that wet rag

Would have bought this immediately to.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 17, 11 5:55 AM
Hi fishies,

For those of you unable to reach the ice cream scoop, it looks like user cedo was able to resolve this problem:

you will need to lower your resolution to allow the entire picture to fit your screen...i have never had to change my resolution on a game before, but i did this time, as the cursor would not go far enough left...it is an easy thing to do, though, merely right-click on the desktop and choose whatever your operating system/graphics card option for appearance/screen size is...i lowered it from 1280x800 (my native) to 1024x768 and then i could see everything...i believe i had black bars, then, i cant really remember, and they do not bother me, at all, as i prefer aspect correction to widescreen..once finished with the demo/game, just put the resolution back the same way...hope this helps you.

Please see the below help article for detailed instructions:

Screen Resolution

Martyheinz, as user je_peche mentioned in the other thread, try going straight to the gauze and tape and move to the next step.

bratzgram, if items keep on disappearing for you, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 12/17/2011 at 5:59:28 AM PST

Can't get out of the kitchen

[Post New]by myownhero on Dec 17, 11 6:53 AM
I would love to play this game because it looks fun, but after fixing the lights in the storage room and returning to the kitchen, I am stuck there. There is no arrow on the left side (or anywhere) for me to return to the restaurant. I tried starting over with a different player name and the same thing happened.

LeftBehind
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LeftBehind on Dec 17, 11 7:24 AM
I too had problems with the icecream scoop etc. I never have to change my resolution to play a game, and I really don't want to start messing with my settings now for this one, and that one...

Otherwise I think the game looked pretty good, and I probably would have bought it right after the demo, but not the way it is now. I'll keep my eye on it, and if the game gets a little re vamp done to it, I'd buy it.

Have a super day and a blessed Holiday . Stay Safe Fishes,
Carol

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 17, 11 9:17 AM
In the very first HOS, my cursor (I've tried both custom and regular) won't go far enough left to click on the spring - I can't even see it on my screen (I know it's there from the walkthrough). Is there an adjustment I can make to see the whole screen? Thanks, my more technically adept fishy friends!

[Post New]by thornsontherose on Dec 17, 11 9:46 AM
Even locking my resolution to 1280/800 does not allow me to get to ice creams scoop. I already bought the game so I'm stuck. can you help?

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Dec 17, 11 11:33 AM
thornsontherose wrote:Even locking my resolution to 1280/800 does not allow me to get to ice creams scoop. I already bought the game so I'm stuck. can you help?

I found that going clear to the lowest one 800 x 600 allowed me to get the scoop. I couldn't stand playing in that mode though so changed it back immediately after. i'm hoping this doesn't happen too many more times.

[Post New]by Schmohawk on Dec 17, 11 1:05 PM
I was enjoying this game up until most of the way through Chapter 4, when the drawer popped out of the bricks underground, after clicking on the mirror hanging by the griffin. I successfully played the mini game, and got the scroll or whatever it was, but the third metal sheet was either not there, or I clicked away before finding it, and now I can't go back and get it, that area isn't selectable, even though if I click the hint button, it points to the brick/drawer area.

So I'm going to have to start back alllllll the way at the beginning!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Dec 17, 11 2:21 PM
Thanks bfgRhone but I have tried this and it won't let me progress.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Dec 17, 11 6:40 PM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi fishies,

For those of you unable to reach the ice cream scoop, it looks like user cedo was able to resolve this problem:

you will need to lower your resolution to allow the entire picture to fit your screen...i have never had to change my resolution on a game before, but i did this time, as the cursor would not go far enough left...it is an easy thing to do, though, merely right-click on the desktop and choose whatever your operating system/graphics card option for appearance/screen size is...i lowered it from 1280x800 (my native) to 1024x768 and then i could see everything...i believe i had black bars, then, i cant really remember, and they do not bother me, at all, as i prefer aspect correction to widescreen..once finished with the demo/game, just put the resolution back the same way...hope this helps you.

Please see the below help article for detailed instructions:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/537"> Screen Resolution</a>

Martyheinz, as user je_peche mentioned in the <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/191478.page>other thread</a>, try going straight to the gauze and tape and move to the next step.

bratzgram, if items keep on disappearing for you, you could give <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

I stand corrected from my last post, but this has actually worked. I don't like it,but it's all that can be done to play the game.Have to reset my settings when done playing,wont take long just a few seconds.

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Dec 17, 11 8:41 PM
I can't see the very bottom row of H0 items I need to locate. I like the game, the little bit I played seemed fun but I don't make adjustments to my monitor resolution to rectify problems with a game. The game needs to make the adjustments or I don't buy it.

You wouldn't buy a new car at full price with a big dent in it. Why would I buy a PC game with a technical "dent" in it? (More than one if I'm reading the posts correctly.

Bottom line, make a patch for it or it's a no-sale around my parts!
woody

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Dec 17, 11 11:11 PM
Schmohawk wrote:I was enjoying this game up until most of the way through Chapter 4, when the drawer popped out of the bricks underground, after clicking on the mirror hanging by the griffin. I successfully played the mini game, and got the scroll or whatever it was, but the third metal sheet was either not there, or I clicked away before finding it, and now I can't go back and get it, that area isn't selectable, even though if I click the hint button, it points to the brick/drawer area.

So I'm going to have to start back alllllll the way at the beginning!

Hi Schmohawk
The exact same thing happened to me and I believe this is Ch. 5, so like you, I have to go back to the beginning and start again as I obviously can't progress without the last metal sheet for the elevator diagram

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 18, 11 5:01 AM
Played the game up to about 70% but when I logged in this morning my PC (Win7 64 bit) advised there was an Adobe Flash Player update which I accepted as usual.

After the update I tried running the game but got the following error message
A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?
unquote

Tried rebooting the PC, uninstalled & reinstalled the game but it simply will not run so I have sent a report to Customer Support. Thought I would post here too in case anyone else gets the same error message.

[Post New]by firehawk1 on Dec 18, 11 6:11 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:I,m unable to click on the ice cream in the hidden objects at the refrigerator.It,s off the page!and theres no room to get it...There goes another game..What do I do now? Which help page will help me? Thnx

[Post New]by firehawk1 on Dec 18, 11 6:12 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:I,m unable to click on the ice cream in the hidden objects at the refrigerator.It,s off the page!and theres no room to get it...There goes another game..What do I do now? Which help page will help me? Thnx

Go to: