bfgKenai
864 Posts

Post any Exorcist 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 19, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cgibson856
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Exorcist 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by cgibson856 on Dec 19, 11 4:41 AM
Down loaded the free trial. Says my free trial expired. Never started the game.

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 19, 11 5:17 AM
I clicked on the two symbols that the blog walkthrough told me to but no passage opens up. No big deal, this game is not my cup of tea for the holiday season anyway, I think I'll wait till Halloween.

rocl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by rocl on Dec 19, 11 5:47 AM
nothing happens in the kitchen hidden object game when i click on the chest like the walkthrough states.

truddi
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Dec 19, 11 6:22 AM
Wanted to enjoy this game and perhaps use my coupon to buy it.

However my cursor has a life of its own. It floats about and is hard to

control.

So sadly I will have to wait another day to use my coupon.

alowan
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Dec 19, 11 8:30 AM
Truddi,

I used to have trouble with my cursor in some games. It turned out to be because I had gussied it up (in Windows), adding trails and something else. I changed it back to basic black, and the game problems disappeared.

But there have also been some games where the cursor just runs slower than my normal speed.

I hope that makes sense, since I haven't had my caffeine fix yet...

Vickiec
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Vickiec on Dec 19, 11 12:31 PM
I was happily playing and all of a sudden I encountered an error and it kiced me off.
I belive I had broken though the ice room and face to face with the deamon that is when the error happened. So I checked everything DX and all and ok. When I went back in it started the game over same name but over. I am very dissapointed it is a good game.......... PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 19, 11 1:23 PM
All of a sudden my game became real sluggish, any suggestions on how to fix that?

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 19, 11 1:26 PM
cgibson856 wrote:Down loaded the free trial. Says my free trial expired. Never started the game.

Hi cgibson856,

If you haven't already, please try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets your time. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 19, 11 2:09 PM
XtreemNorth wrote:All of a sudden my game became real sluggish, any suggestions on how to fix that?

Hi XtreemNorth,

One suggestion would be to check for an update for your video card drivers and other software graphics. Here's the link to a help article that will lead you to these updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these updates don't help, I'd encourage you to contact our Tech Support team for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Dec 19, 11 4:42 PM
i can not open the chest in the room up stairs. I had it opened in the very beginning but now i can not open it. I need to open it for the milk bottle. Any suggestions??
I can not move forward in the game with out the milk bottle. Do I have to start all over with a new profile? Please say no.
I have come so far and paid for this game.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Dec 19, 11 11:11 PM
i'm with trudy? my cursor takes on a life all on its own ,& the graveyard it's frustrating to try to get it under control. all my systems checked ok,

[Post New]by desertsombra on Dec 19, 11 11:16 PM
I am having trouble with the cursor, unfortunately I cannot change from custom to normal. Until the problem is resolve I will not be able to obtain the game. I own the first exorcist.

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 20, 11 2:36 AM
Hi fishies,

For those of you experiencing jumpy cursors or other display / performance issues, as bfgHondo mentioned, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go if you hadn't already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Vallarina, have you tried clicking around the area of the chest? It could be that the active area to open the chest has somewhat shifted. You could also give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 20, 11 3:29 AM
Thanks for the tips, got access violation yesterday. Unloaded and re downloading right now, hope it will work.....

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:30:17 AM PST

kcrosley2
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by kcrosley2 on Dec 20, 11 1:13 PM
GOT AN ERROR ON EXORCIST 2 JUS T ST OP WORKING

lyssa7712
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Dec 20, 11 5:53 PM
got to the holy water puzzle, and it won't let me skip it. backed out, went back in, still won't let me skip even when I wait for the button and word to fill. I deliberately selected the middle difficulty just so I had the option of skipping a puzzle if there was one I just couldn't get (or didn't want to waste my whole trial figuring out), but it still does nothing when I click on the skip button.

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Dec 21, 11 4:35 PM
The game froze every time i clicked on something for about 30 seconds each time.
Much too frustrating to bother with. I will just delete it.

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Jan 8, 12 12:00 PM
Where do you get the screws for the shower door? I can't use my key.

[Post New]by Goodtimemom on Jan 9, 12 9:56 AM
HI
I've tried to figure out this issue myself with the walk through. My game does not match the walk through. At the church it is shown as moving the ladder to the door and find a gargole there. When I go up to the round window above the church door there is a dirty window or mirror, something round that says to clean it because something is under the dirt. I haven't been able to clean it. I have backtracked through the game a few times to find what I need. I've followed the walkthrough twice from the beginning but the scenes just don't match. Any help why that would be.
Thanks. I think it's a tech issue?

Go to: