Reviews for Exorcist 2

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Exorcist 2

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 19, 11 12:15 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Exorcist 2; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Exorcist 2 page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Reviews for Exorcist 2

[Post New]by Staril on Dec 19, 11 12:47 AM
Well ... I didn't play for very long but for what I did see this is a very spooky game ... both in sound and vision. The H0G scenes were annoying as various objects weren't named correctly so there was some random clicking to find the item they were refering to ... and everything was pixilated on my large screen. It is a shame ... wide screen game, interactive H0G items, mix of adventure and H0G ... all let down by the other points. I also didn't want anything that spooky in the week before Christmas ... might have gone down much better at Hallowe'en.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Dec 19, 11 1:04 AM
very short game played 3/4 of it in the trial period not worth even a free credit very disp in this game very grainy too hope we get a better one before x-mas

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 19, 11 1:16 AM
saphhire wrote:very short game played 3/4 of it in the trial period not worth even a free credit very disp in this game very grainy too hope we get a better one before x-mas

You actually found 3 or 4 seals in the trial period?
Shh. I am supposed to be working. I was just curious.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 19, 11 1:21 AM
Excellent game. Nice graphics and gameplay. The games theme may put some off but try it, it's a cracker!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Dec 19, 11 2:12 AM
Goodday fishies!

Although I can very well imagine some fishies would like to see a happier themed game for this Christmas time, I must say this isn't a bad game, as a game.

It opened full screen on my widescreen monitor. That's a first plus.
Second good thing is that this is a logical sequel to Exorcist, a game that I've played with pleasure on another site and bought now from BF to have the pair united.

The graphics are clear enough, in fact, I think this is a somewhat easy game. It's not hard at all to find out what to do next, the objects in the interactive H0 scenes are easy to find and the minigames aren't the hardest ones either, although not the newest. They're nothing I haven't seen before.

Third good thing is that there are voice-overs and well enough done.

The atmosphere, I must admit, is rather dark. But not surprisingly so, the first game had the same demonish theme. Not a game for people with objections in that direction.

Spoiler: (highlight to read)
The first chapter reminds a lot of the first exorcist movie, above-the-bed-floating girl and all. Personally I find this a bit disappointing. Couldn't the makers have come up with something less worn out?

And oh dear, another spooky mansion to explore. (sigh) Same old, same old. It's that I had a coupon spared. I don't think I would have bought this sequel for a gamecredit.

Not a bad game, but certainly not a gem either.

3 stars out of 5 and the third is because of the voice-overs.

Anyway, try for yourself, if you don't mind a demon or two.

Edited on 12/19/2011 at 2:35:54 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 19, 11 2:26 AM
saphhire wrote:very short game played 3/4 of it in the trial period not worth even a free credit very disp in this game very grainy too hope we get a better one before x-mas

Wow! I ran out of time and I am only on the first seal, mind you I did answer the phone briefly whilst playing but even so you are incredibly fast.

I played on the Expert setting as I am too much of a chicken to go for the No Hints, No Skips, No Highlighted Active Zones Professional mode . There is a casual setting too which gives you faster hints, skips and sparkles of some sort.

The grainy quality of the graphics is, I am sure, a way of making the game more eerie looking and it does but the items in the hidden object scenes etcetera are plain to see and there is a bit of interaction in them too.

There is a little bit of "pickyness" in the game for example you pick up four candles that look the same but apparently are not because each would only fit into a specific candle holder even though they looked the same too . I also used the cross several times only to be told I was wrong but, after revisiting everywhere, I tried it again in the very first place and it worked

Yes the game is supposed to be spooky but there was a point during the time I played when I burst out laughing . When you come across the object you will see why I did and probably end up doing the same. I wonder why, of all the different ones available, they chose that particular one ... if it was to provide light relief they succeeded the little s .

I might just end up buying this one but, as there are still 12 days to the end of the month, I will bide my time before making a decision.

Cherb

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 19, 11 2:29 AM
This review is based on the demo - playing only 35 minutes:

There is widescreen, but the monitor sides are just borders. Still, it's better than seeing the black bars.

There is NO choice of custom or system cursor, although the custom cursor is not too large and works well.

There are 3 different play modes. I played in easy mode, and apart from the sparkles at the HOS (hidden object scenes), I don't recall seeing any other sparkles - and that is in easy mode, as I said.

The HINT button refills really quick - takes about 15 seconds. The SKIP button also doesn't take long to fill.

There is voice-over, and it's done rather well in nice English (or British as some would have it) accents.

The graphics are not bad, but could have been smoother.

The HOS are partly interactive, and objects are not too hard to find.

Some fishies may not like this game: lots of pentagrams, demons, holy water, crosses in this game.

This game didn't excite me at all, so it's a no-buy for me.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 19, 11 3:01 AM
I'm with Cherbs on this one. I found the game hysterically funny! The sound effects and voices made me laugh. And the great organ music when you acquired something. So funny. The developers certainly didn't take themselves seriously which is great. I'm not going to buy it cos the hidden o scenes I found very grainy and the whole thing is so laughable.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 19, 11 5:06 AM
Good game--a very dark subject with tongue planted firmly in cheek. I found it appealing and a definite buy for me!
Graphics and game play are both good and the story is interesting.
Hint meter fills up quickly.
Diary is provided and is useful.
No black bars!
Voice-overs are well done.
Give it a try---you might like it!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 19, 11 5:11 AM
***SPOILERS****

This game is far better than the 1st one, which I found irritating. They've made vast improvements.

I wasn't too keen at first, but as it went on it got better and I ended up quite enjoying it.

The Exorcist's manner of speaking was consistent enough with his class I suppose, but it was flowery and overly dramatic, which made him sound like a bit of a prat. He was also way too brave, bragging about what he was going to do to this demon when he was finished with him, all the time, which was a bit over the top.

It was a bit short though.

But it wasn't bad for a SE.

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 2:18:37 PM PST

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Dec 19, 11 5:19 AM
I have only played for 32 minutes, really enjoyed the game so far. I have not found any misspelled words in the HOG scenes so far. I did find words that are not very common. Such as maniple, used mostly in the Catholic Church. I think this is a great game. Will finish playing the demo this evening, I am late for work.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 19, 11 5:44 AM
I have to say I wasn't very happy with the story line. That movie scared the hell out of me as a teen and I haven't watched it since.

I had to try the game though and found that other than the fact that I was a bit scared to watch the screen at times I enjoyed it. It did have some strange names for items in the hidden object scenes and a couple times I found more than one of the item I was looking for but I wriggled my way through.

The voice overs are fantastic as are the mini games. Good graphics and game play.

I read that there is a bit of disagreement over length. I only found one seal during the trial but judging by the walk through I completed more than half the game!

I can't say if I will buy this or not. I will wait to hear more on the length. Nothing makes me more unhappy with a game than only having 1 or 1 1/2 hours after the trial to play.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 19, 11 6:52 AM
I've never been fond of exorcist type stories but I like this one. The voiceovers are good. The graphics are good. Love all the ambient sounds and movement. (very creepy). I didn't get bored so thats a good thing. A definite buy for me.

Wouldn't it be nice if a "good" christmas game came out one year, one that is geared towards adults instead of children. Something with all the bells and whistles. Just a thought.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 19, 11 7:10 AM
Sheerija wrote:This game is far better than the 1st one, which I found irritating. They've made vast improvements.

I wasn't too keen at first, but as it went one it got much better and I ended up really enjoying it.

The Exorcist's manner of speaking was consistent with the period, but it was too flowery and overly dramatic, which made him sound like a bit of a prat. He was also way too brave, bragging about what he was going to do to this demon when he was finished, which was over the top.

It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it, ****************, right from the start.

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:26:39 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 19, 11 7:13 AM
I'm sorry but I could have finished this game in just over an hour. I have so many game credits to use up and I can't because I haven't found a worthy game yet. This game wasn't that good so I won't buy it. Please BF give me a game I can sink my teeth into. Why not an Adventure game without hidden objects. I found a new site where there are tons of adventure games to buy.The problem is, I love your site and I just don't want to leave. I have bought a couple of games from the other site but I'd much rather not have to do that.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 19, 11 7:29 AM
Sheerija wrote:This game is far better than the 1st one, which I found irritating. They've made vast improvements.

I wasn't too keen at first, but as it went one it got much better and I ended up really enjoying it.

The Exorcist's manner of speaking was consistent with the period, but it was too flowery and overly dramatic, which made him sound like a bit of a prat. (removed by moderator)

It was a bit short. (removed by moderator)

Then the first one must have been really bad. I just thought this was SO cheesey. I didn't even bother finishing the demo. I was just bored.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 12:10:50 AM PST

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mrssharon on Dec 19, 11 7:43 AM
The game did not grab my interest at all. With boogie men hovering in the background and the girl floating above the bed, I just couldn't take it seriously.

The hidden object scenes were okay for content until the girl's room. I know golf has been around a long, long time, but what possesed little girl has a golf ball in her bedroom? Come on, you can do better, BF.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 19, 11 7:58 AM
I was surprised to find this game during this time of the year, you know this time to be jolly. (this game was more suitable for Halloween)

But I was curious, I never let a good game got to waste, so I tried the demo.

The music choice was perfect for the game, the graphics were good, I decided to play on professional mode and I was not disappointed.

I got stuck during the demo on one of the rooms, got frustrated, stop playing the demo, got me some coffee and came back because I could not let a challenge go away, found what I was missing and after that it was fine.

I actually like the game.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 19, 11 8:01 AM
I am finding this one quite entertaining. I love the voiceovers...feel like I am watching one of those really old creepy movies...can't tell you how many times I have laughed so far, lol. Almost feel like it should be in black and white I have only found one seal so far, and have been playing for a couple of hours with a food and dog break. I really don't see how some people finish these games that quickly, and I sometimes wonder if we are playing the same game. The graphics are clear, not many hos, though, and the hints are working well for me...when I can't think of what to do next, it will guide me to where I need to be. A couple of the puzzles are really hard for me, and I came in to see if there was a walkthrough yet, as I hate skipping certain puzzles, but was getting frustrated when I couldn't figure one out.

I know there are some that don't like these occult themes...and you are entitled to your opinions. but please, you do not speak for all of us. I love these games, and do not feel like I am going to be struck dead because I had some fun with them. I would love to see a good adult Christmas hog too, but I will take what I can get and I wanted a new hog today. Missed out yesterday as I do not like TM games. Anyway, I am having fun with this one.

Go to: