DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments about Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 20, 11 12:21 AM
Hi there,
I am hoping that this will be a more "sophisticated" Christmas-themed game than some of the earlier (and older) ones offered here so far insofar as it has more adventure-style play than a straight HOG.
So, for those of you who know more about this than I, would you care to share your comments with us while we wait for the game to DL?
Cheers

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 12:22:33 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Comments about Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey

[Post New]by govols2 on Dec 20, 11 12:33 AM
Hi DLO

Just wrote a review for it. Wish I hadn't even tried it. My head hurts now. Definately not a sophisticated story.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 20, 11 12:51 AM
I couldn't even make it all the way thru the intro... the computer generated voice is awful. I hit skip and exited out. (And I love stories and NEVER skip so that tells you how bad it is!! Add that into the no widescreen option and forget it. And then when it starts by (highlight to view since I guess it could be a spoiler albeit one from the first minutes of the game) ... icing Santa!!! Ewww no. That's like rescuing Jesus or something LOL not for me.

Too bad we can't give negative stars.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 20, 11 1:16 AM
Hi govols and gamergirl,
Rats. I had to pause my dl to take a phonecall (just an ongoing problem with my supposedly "fixed" ADSL line) and thought I would pop in to find some good news whilst it finished.
I thought that maybe in light of this having a sample that the full game would be more interesting.
Perhaps some of us should start a '"what we would really like to see as a game for Christmas" thread now to enable any devs willing enough to have a go to get it right for next year. LOL
Hm, game has installed so I guess I had better check it out for myself.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 20, 11 1:21 AM
LOL I have played a bit of it DragonLady and it isn't too bad. I think it might be a fun play and it's nice to have a xmas game that isn't a straight HOG or a Match3. I am game for this game.

I agree that the intro voiceover was odd and it was very hard to hear what was being said with it being overridden by the music or effects or both... I didn't care about that really, you could tell by the visuals what was going on pretty much... I have no voice overs during the game play which suits me fine too, they annoy me more often than not anyway. I play a lot of games where I lose the voice overs when I turn off the music and I always turn off the music!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 20, 11 1:29 AM
I was surprised by some of the negative comments. But after trying it out for myself, I find that I just love this game! I don't care about the introductory voice either, doesn't last long anyways. The hidden object scenes are beautiful, bright and colourful, the music is fine for me. Thanks, Developers and BFG for bringing us this little gem!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 20, 11 1:32 AM
Hi shadowfax,
Its nice to have a different point of view before I set off on my own trial.
Mind you, whilst I do respect the opinions of others (be they or ) I still like to try a game for myself - especially if I have used up some of my month's free DL limit!! LOL
Heading off to try it soon (food first - late evening here).
I hope to be able to post a more useful comment myself if I don't do my usual fall asleep after a meal thing.
Cheers.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 20, 11 1:34 AM
Hi Pickles77,
Oh another supporter. Now I will really have to give this game a go beyond the voice thing.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 20, 11 1:35 AM
I agree Pickles and welcome to the forums!! It's a very pretty game and I love the look of the characters! I was so ready for a nice new Xmas game and I think it will be fun to play. Now I know what I will be playing later on (it's my very early morning here!)

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 20, 11 2:04 AM
Very cute game. Beautiful graphics. But it was very, very short. I finished an hour after the demo.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Dec 20, 11 2:05 AM
I think it is a nice, little Xmas story, colourful and cheerful. I definitly love the music . But the game is way too short! The demo was over after 50 minutes, and when I looked up the WT these 50 minutes covered half the game .

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 20, 11 2:46 AM
Well, after 30 minutes or so of the trial I am still undecided - mainly because I only have 1 PC credit left for this month. LOL
The game does have more value than earlier comments would suggest - but it is a pity about the voice-overs.
As you have already suspected, I will wait upon other non-CE offerings until I make my final decision about his one.
After all "tomorrow is another day".
Cheers

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 20, 11 3:19 AM
What is going on with the guns and knives in the hidden object scenes in a Christmas story aimed at kids? Like the rest of this game, the devs certainly didn't tthat one through at all. I mean here's a snowman, an owl, some candy, a star, the letter M, some toys, and--oh--a gun and a knife as long as the screen. Really! All the charm and cuteness that others are gushing about was lost right there for me. It's Lapland for goodness' sake, not some war-ravaged hot spot in the world.
But then maybe the game isn't really aimed at kids. Seems very child-like though so who knows? Oh well, for those that like it, enjoy!

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 3:21:55 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 20, 11 5:11 AM
I played a few minutes, and decided to buy it. Since y'all are saying it is short, I will take my time...I usually do anyway, lol. I think I will have fun for a couple or few, yep, hours Not every game is going to be the all time greatest, but if I can get some enjoyment out of it than it is worth the price. We have had some good regular hogs this month and I used the last of my pccs yesterday. I much prefer that than just holding on to them because there aren't any good ones. So it was with pleasure that I was able to use them all up so quickly.

PS: I am sure that even in Lapland they hunt

[Post New]by PamsEldorado on Dec 20, 11 8:37 AM
I'm very disappointed that the game was so short. I finished it in 90 minutes, so the first 2/3 of the game was the hour long demo. Other than that, the graphics were beautiful.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Dec 20, 11 2:51 PM
used a credit for the game after reading comments/reviews and graphics good but wow is this game short after demo...but killed some time with it but not much.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 20, 11 3:33 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, after 30 minutes or so of the trial I am still undecided - mainly because I only have 1 PC credit left for this month. LOL
The game does have more value than earlier comments would suggest - but it is a pity about the voice-overs.
As you have already suspected, I will wait upon other non-CE offerings until I make my final decision about his one.
After all "tomorrow is another day".
Cheers

Well definitely don't use me as a yay/nay without trying it... I couldn't even get past the odd computer voice so the game after that could be good. I doubt it but... hope springs eternal?

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 20, 11 9:26 PM
I can well understand seeing potions, amulets and pentagrams in "dark and eerie" games but in a Christmas game that seems to be geared toward families?? Even though the game is quite easy and probably more for beginners, I was really enjoying not only the beautiful music but the brightly colored and cheerful scenes with falling snow, as well as the game-play. I was wanting to buy it even though many of you said it was a very short game but.....I am so disappointed. Please, don't bash me but I just don't understand the seeming need some developers have for incorporating occult-type themes--even in games that have nothing to do with the "dark side". Aside from that, I think it's a wonderful and beautiful game.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Dec 21, 11 12:59 AM
hi fishys i spent my whole 5 quid on this game and got a whole half hour of play for my money, the shortest game ever very dissapointing really not worth buying however cute it may seem. i`d save your money

i`d like to take the time to wish all you fellow fishy`s a very merry xmas and a wonderful new year !!

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on Dec 21, 11 5:46 AM
Only did about 5 minutes of the demo but had to pop out and comment. The voice-over is a computer generated voice that is just bizarre. It can't pronounce Claus (as in Santa Claus) correctly - it comes out more as "clowse". The object list in the HOG scenes were clearly not checked by anyone who speaks conversational English or any other version of English for that matter. In the first two HOG scenes we've had a "Harmonic" which turned out to be a harmonica. I was really wondering what the visual of a harmonic ( a musical tone) would look like. There was a Sig Lure which was a fish lure, a candle that wasn't the the thing that looked like a candle, complete with flame, but was a gold pine tree candle and best of all - a Grampus which was an orca. OK, just google searched the word grampus and it came back as "a commonly used term for an orca" but really - now I have to google search an item from a HOG scene to find it?

THis is a cute game but the developers rushed this one out to catch the season. Add to that the comments on how short the game is and I'll hold onto my credits until BFG gets around to releasing World Mosaics 5.

Go to: