5TooMany
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Debug Report

[Post New]by 5TooMany on Dec 20, 11 3:00 PM
According to the posts in the technical section a lot of people have been getting the "Debug Report" while playing Pickers.

Big Fish Technical Support doesn't have an answer.

Has anyone figured out what is going on and how to fix it?

Re:Debug Report

[Post New]by darkdisciple1313 on Dec 21, 11 1:38 PM
I think part of the problem is that the game is expecting something to be there after the keys disappear when all 40 have been found, and when it's not, an error message occurs. I'll be trying to open up all of the places you can go before finding the keys, to see if that helps. Otherwise, I can't figure out what would be causing the error message.

My suggestion is to wait until near the end of the game before finding all the keys, that way you can at least get that far before the error message occurs. That, or don't bother trying to open up the bonus hidden-object section until the problem is fixed. Either way, the game is playable, just not completely.

Hope that helps!

5TooMany
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 5TooMany on Dec 21, 11 2:04 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:I think part of the problem is that the game is expecting something to be there after the keys disappear when all 40 have been found, and when it's not, an error message occurs. I'll be trying to open up all of the places you can go before finding the keys, to see if that helps. Otherwise, I can't figure out what would be causing the error message.

My suggestion is to wait until near the end of the game before finding all the keys, that way you can at least get that far before the error message occurs. That, or don't bother trying to open up the bonus hidden-object section until the problem is fixed. Either way, the game is playable, just not completely.

Hope that helps!

You might be right! I never put it together before but the debug report always started to appear after I had found the 40 keys.

I was told to update Direct X, which I did and so far the game is running fine BUT I haven't found the 40 keys yet.

I will go with your suggestion and see what happens.

Thanks a lot for the response. Greatly appreciated.

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Dec 28, 11 3:25 PM
You are right that it did not happen until I found the 41st key...I cannot seem to find anymore. The game keeps shutting down with that debug panic error message...Sometimes I can play for a couple hours and sometimes only a few minutes. I tried the driver update and it did not do anything. I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling and reinstalling the game manager, restoring my computer to a date before I started playing the game.On reading somebodies suggestion, I deleted my player name and added a new one, but it still crashed on Day 2. I also have tried playing in the widescreen version which is kind of small to see anything, but it still crashed. I give up,.Nothing seems to help. What a disappointment, it is such a fun game!Hope they fix whatever it is!

Edited on 12/28/2011 at 7:13:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Maribird on Dec 28, 11 8:20 PM
I really like this game-have played it several times and even bought it for my daughter-However, the bug report can really mess up the game. I don't think the keys have anything to do with it- actually I have found 45 keys.I will watch the keys from now on- maybe forget them. I have played under 2 names- same bug.

5TooMany
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 5TooMany on Dec 30, 11 3:31 AM
I tried a new profile, didn't collect any keys (as suggested by darkdisciple1313) and still received the Debug Report.

Technical services was not able to help with the problem so I suggested that they have the developer read the complaints shown in the technical issues forum. There is obviously something wrong with the game and whatever it is appears to be a complete mystery to Big Fish.

Finally, as a last resort, I requested the link to the OLD game manager to see if the game would run correctly in that format. So far, after installing it, I have not received the Debug Report but, at this point, I am not sure if one is connected to the other or not.

Jani417
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jani417 on Dec 30, 11 9:13 PM
The Debug report appeared at least a dozen times, shutting down the game, well before I had found all the keys. Each time, my shopping cart would empty because the game went back to the last save. I finally clicked on "Cancel" on the report and it has stopped, I hope.

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Jan 2, 12 11:00 AM
I tried both choices and cancel did not do anything...I got an email from Oberon who made the game and they told me my computer was seeing the game as a virus and to go to my virus protection and make the game an exception...Tried that and now I cannot play at all...As soon as the game loads and I click "play", it shuts off. Then when I wrote them back and told them that did not work, they wrote me back saying they could not find my purchase from them and basically if I did not buy the game from them, they aren't going to help me...They did not seem concerned at all that the game is defective which I find very disappointing. I sent them a link to this page of the forum telling them it is not my computer as many other players are having the same problem and that they should not be selling the game until they fix it...
Maybe if enough of us write to them complaining they will do something...I wrote to support at MumboJumbo's website.

Edited on 01/02/2012 at 11:02:45 AM PST

[Post New]by Bellahabile on Jan 4, 12 7:34 AM
I did not have any problems with the debug report until after I completed the HOB bonus part of the game. Now it shuts down while loading.

Problem with Pickers Game FIXED!!

[Post New]by ladygoofy on Jan 4, 12 5:01 PM
[removed by moderator]

This should work!! I spoke with Anthony at Big Fish Games "Live Chat" and he DID fix the problem for me!!

Edited on 01/18/2012 at 1:03:04 PM PST

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Jan 4, 12 8:55 PM
Thanks Ladygoofy! I have been trying everything and this is the first thing that has actually worked. I am glad I could start all over and this time will not find the keys...just in case that was what messed it up. I am on Day 7 and so far so good :-)

[Post New]by smfkgk on Jan 5, 12 3:25 AM
I had the same problem as Bellahabile. I just finished the bonus part of the game. When I tried to get back into the game, it gave this message. I don't understand how a game can be released before all of the bugs have been found and fixed. So basically I will have to uninstall, lose everything I have already done, and it MIGHT fix the problem? I am tempted to want the credit back all together!

trexxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by trexxx on Jan 6, 12 3:22 PM
Update: After going back and finding the Mumbo JUmbo folder and deleting what was in it I got to start over fresh.I was happy and keeping my fingers crossed... I got as far as day 12 when the debug thing happened again. This proves it has nothing to do with the keys at all. I did not save any keys. Sure wish they would either fix the game or quit selling it! At least give us a way of contacting the folks who DID make the game so we can let them know what is going on. Mumbo JUmbo says they are not the makers, just the destributors.
Update #2:
I actually got the game to work and got through an entire 30 days and got to play against other players...when I went back again today I only got to day 13, ..I went back a bit later and the game worked again until day 25, and has now shut down again...Oh well :-(

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 9:35:53 PM PST

[Post New]by ninee9er on Jan 15, 12 4:42 PM
I absolutely love this game up until now. I have played the game thru to the end one time and I collected 47 keys. It asked if I wanted to play the game again, so naturally I said yes. I got pretty close to the end again and had to log off my computer. When I logged on today, I noticed the HOB so I thought I would check that out. I played one part of that and stopped. When I tried to go back to the original game, it loads up and looks like everything is working fine but then I get that stupid debug error on my screen. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. I have read the previous posts and not sure what to do. Is BigFish going to fix this or what?

[Post New]by stargazer_51 on Jan 18, 12 12:19 PM
I got the same debug report and went through the fix as described in Anthony's post but it didn't fix it. In fact, it crashed again when I clicked on the very first 'eye' so I give up. It played just fine on my laptop, but not on the desktop. My laptop has other issues at the moment so I can't test it now to see if it still plays, or if this problem has to do with junk on the computer getting in the game. Who knows?

I've had similar issues with Pioneer Lands and could never get it fixed either.

I love Big Fish and have been a member a long time, but this is getting to be a pattern I don't like. And why does it have to happen to my favorite games?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 18, 12 1:13 PM
Hi fishies,

If you're getting a "debug report" while playing this game and haven't already, I'd really encourage you to contact Tech Support so that one of our reps can take a closer look at what might be causing this. They'll also be able to offer some troubleshooting steps that are specific to your system.

Since we already have a thread in this Game Forum dedicated to technical issues, I'll be locking this one to keep things tidy in here, but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: