bfgFlounder
9,803 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 21, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,226 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ forum

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 21, 11 12:52 AM
Gee, it looks like everyone bought the CE except, of course, the Mac players, since it has yet to be released for us.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 21, 11 1:06 AM
Me personally I am having a better time playing Island Tribe 3 than I did this game. This game crashed on me a few times. Can't say that for Island Tribe.

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 1:08:13 AM PST

lbbazusa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lbbazusa on Dec 21, 11 8:11 AM
shorenuf wrote:Gee, it looks like everyone bought the CE except, of course, the Mac players, since it has yet to be released for us.

Very good point. When are the Mac people getting this game???? I surprised that Big Fish would leave us out.

[Post New]by elaine39047 on Dec 21, 11 9:23 AM
I cant zoom in on the fuse box outside the light house. I've reinstalled but still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 9:24:54 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 21, 11 2:59 PM
elaine39047 wrote:I cant zoom in on the fuse box outside the light house. I've reinstalled but still having the same problem. Any suggestions?
Did you blow the fuse at the top of the lighthouse so the fuse box is open and smoking?

looloopy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Dec 23, 11 5:26 PM
i cannot use the spade in the cemetary, so cannot light up the headstone. any tips please or is this a bug in the works?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 23, 11 5:58 PM
looloopy wrote:i cannot use the spade in the cemetary, so cannot light up the headstone. any tips please or is this a bug in the works?
You can't use the spade UNTIL you light up the headstone. You need to fix the lighthouse first. If you're looking for a code, try a different headstone.

[Post New]by bromoe on Dec 26, 11 3:40 PM
Well I love these games but this one has me stumped from the get go still at the beginning at the front gates and still can't figure out where to go from here

[Post New]by geogrl on Dec 27, 11 5:57 PM
when do mac users get this game.

[Post New]by mvbrda on Jan 1, 12 8:32 PM
I can not get the lock to open in the basement of the house. I lit up the right buttons but nothing happens. do they need to be lit up in a certain order or is this some sort of bug and I can not continue with the game? Please help.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 8:42:48 PM PST

pysanky13
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Jan 2, 12 11:07 AM
Just finished! with help from the excellent walkthrough posted here. Most of the puzzles were a real challenge, which is fine. Loved the end credits-wonder how many of us that finished really watched them through to the very end? thanks BF. another excellent game. unfortunately, our 9 year old granddaughter will have to wait since it's a bit weird and creepy for kids. But she does like the morphing objects and can help find them in certain scenes-she calls them 'cursed objects'-very fitting

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 2, 12 11:20 AM
mvbrda wrote:I can not get the lock to open in the basement of the house. I lit up the right buttons but nothing happens. do they need to be lit up in a certain order or is this some sort of bug and I can not continue with the game? Please help.
Just to make sure the puzzle is triggered, go back to the bathroom and click on the mirror again so the game knows what you're up to.

Then, also, are you making sure that only the 4 dots of the code are black and the other ones are all gold? ONLY the 4 dots shown darker in the mirror should be black.

[Post New]by mvbrda on Jan 2, 12 5:08 PM
Thanks for the help. I was doing it backwards.

[Post New]by MsPeaches41 on Jan 3, 12 12:23 PM
Loved this one too, but it was a little hard, but managed to get through it with the wonderful walk-through, still took me a couple days to finish it, but I do love when it takes a long time to finish. Good Job Big Fish, also loved the end credits and yes I did watch it all the way through, very funny!!!! Would love to see more of these Ravenhurst games created (if possible).

[Post New]by morninglory754 on Jan 3, 12 3:23 PM
Hey everyone,I love the game,but I am having trouble w/the dna & the babies dropping into the basin. I have the numbers from the certificate & I keep doing what the walkthrough says to do abt checking to make sure I have it set right,but when I push the green button,nothing happens. No babies. I have tried over an hour. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by dmccarty on Jan 3, 12 6:51 PM
I cant get the code from the tombstone to work on the lighthouse. My code is 13412. I followed the arrow code as 1right 2down 3left 4up so moved the switch right, left, up, right, and then down. No row of green lights - what am I doing wrong anyone know?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 4, 12 12:19 AM
dmccarty wrote:I cant get the code from the tombstone to work on the lighthouse. My code is 13412. I followed the arrow code as 1right 2down 3left 4up so moved the switch right, left, up, right, and then down. No row of green lights - what am I doing wrong anyone know?
You are doing the right thing and pushing the right buttons. If it doesn't work, you're probably doing it at the wrong time

Did you fix the fuse box by replacing the fuse and solving the puzzle? The light in the lighthouse should be back on before you can enter the code.

[Post New]by dmccarty on Jan 4, 12 1:12 PM
I have solved the fuse problem the light is going around at the top of the lighthouse. I have my code - why will it not work! Going to quit this game and ask for money back! Too bad I like the Ravenhearst games!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,659 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 4, 12 1:17 PM
If you move the lever to the right to start the sequence, are you seeing the first light come on?

Go to: