bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 21, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by skr041300 on Dec 21, 11 3:29 AM
I have the same technical problems that I had in the CE. Game doesn't fit on the screen (shifted over to the right) so I had to play in windowed mode. I tried everything and I couldn't get it right. Also, kept getting access code violations. I am surprised that the bugs weren't fixed by this time. I have had no problems with any other games. Big Fish ran a diagnostic for me for the CE and couldn't find a problem. Oh well....

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 21, 11 4:29 AM
I can't play the game, the arrow is all over the place, then the lag is bad so i gave up.
The CE did the same thing, 2 bad it looked like a good game..

[Post New]by mgriffith67 on Dec 21, 11 5:38 AM
My game crashed in the middle of chapter 2? maybe and did NOT save!!! How frustrating!! I am so not looking forward to doing it all again from the beginning. UGH
I clicked Play again and it took me back to the start with no saved profile!! It crashed right after the twins talked to me at the entrance to the house. I dont know whether I should try it again or will I crash in the same place and have to start over AGAIN. I have never had major problems with a game before and my laptop is pretty high quality so I know its not a graphics issue. I am stumped

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 21, 11 5:39 AM
Just a few hints that will solve nearly all of the tech issues that came up during the CE release of the game:

If youare having prolems with the game not running, a lagging cursor, game crashing, or white blocks randomly scattered around your screen, CHECK YOUR VIDEO CARD DRIVER.

Click on the friendly green envelope in the right-hand column and look under Technical Issues, then click on the Mystery Case Files link and follow the directions. You need to run DxDiag to get the exact DATE of your video card driver - if it is more than 4 months old go to the manufacturer's site to see if there is an update available. Even a brand-new computer that you bought on Black Friday is likely to have an out-of-date driver.

Don't just complain about it here - you either need to check it out yourself or contact Customer Support. The other fishies are not going to be able to help you, but the tech team certainly will.

If you have a problem with the game not being centered on your screen or black bars on the sides,, it could be your video card driver but most likely you need to adjust your screen resolution or your DPI setting. Also try un-checking the HD box in options.

If your system does not meet the minimum requirements, I'm sorry but there is nothing that can be done unless you are able to update the video card or whatever other component does not meet the specs. BFG is not going to re-write the entire game just so you can play it on your old machine.

If you DL the game and it says your trial has already expired even though you haven't played it yet, it is an issue with the Game Manager, not the game. Try uninstalling and downloading again from another browser (for instance, Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.) What worked for me when it happened on another game was to uninstall both the game and the Game Manager, then download the game again and it will automaticly install the GM again - then when I tried to play the game again it worked just fine.

Edited on 12/21/2011 at 5:53:04 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 21, 11 6:00 AM
lovely62 wrote:I can't play the game, the arrow is all over the place, then the lag is bad so i gave up.
The CE did the same thing, 2 bad it looked like a good game..

It sounds like a problem with the video card driver - run DxDiag to check the exact date of your driver, and if it is more than 4 months old go to the video card manufacturer's site to see if there is an update. The manufacture of your video card will be listed just a few lines above the driver date in the "display" section of the DxDiag results.

Don't bother to go to your computer manufacturer's site - I have a Dell and their site said I was "up to date" with a driver that was 14 months old on a computer I had just received 2 weeks prior to the CE release, but when I went to the video card manufacturer's website I found a driver that was only 4 weeks old.

Make sure you aren't tricked into going to one of the 3rd party driver download sites, either - be sure you go directly to the manufacturer's driver download page. The 3rd party sites also have old drivers, and they try to download junk to "fix" your PC along with the driver.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 21, 11 6:02 AM
mgriffith67 wrote:My game crashed in the middle of chapter 2? maybe and did NOT save!!! How frustrating!! I am so not looking forward to doing it all again from the beginning. UGH
I clicked Play again and it took me back to the start with no saved profile!! It crashed right after the twins talked to me at the entrance to the house. I dont know whether I should try it again or will I crash in the same place and have to start over AGAIN. I have never had major problems with a game before and my laptop is pretty high quality so I know its not a graphics issue. I am stumped

Just because your laptop is high quality doesn't mean you have the latest driver for your video card - I got a refurbished replacement for my computer just 2 weeks before the CE release, and the driver on it was 14 months old. See my response above and run DxDiag to see what the date of your video card driver really is.

[Post New]by bobbiesauter on Dec 21, 11 7:54 AM
I know I am not the only one experiencing glitches in the game, but wanted to see if I am experiencing some of the same ones potentially as others?

My biggest issue is graphically, things are not showing up. The puzzle in early chapter in the light house - would blank out and then the whole screen became gray and pixleated when clicking on buttons. The "skip" button was my only salvation. In the next level, the second stamp holder for the raven door in the main chamber disappeared until i logged out and logged back into the game. In the hospital, the first dial on the morgue door didnt display any numbers where the rest did. I just kept clicking on it until it made it to the proper number. My biggest hurdle is now in the delivery room - the "d" lever is invisible and there is no arrow on the D dial. I cant move forward in the game without passing this. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you move on? Ive tried logging out and in like before but no luck.

I must say, there have been lots of visual glitches graphically - I may not have the top of the line graphics card, but its better than most. I dont believe that this is a "you should upgrade your hardware" issue, I think its a development issue.

Any help would be appreciated - I would love to move on in the game, as I havent gotten far!

Happy gaming

[Post New]by gianthand24 on Dec 21, 11 8:36 AM
Hello.. Past the introduction screen I get flashes that look like a series of triangles ...which do not go away! Also, ifIi hit the hint button nothing happens. This has occured on bothe the collector's Edition and the regular edition ..

Thanks, kevin

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Dec 21, 11 12:29 PM
If the demo worked for me do you think its safe to buy the demo played with no problems but Im hearing that down the line they may be problems can anyone advise me thanks bunches

[Post New]by swayze on Dec 21, 11 3:20 PM
I am in the birthing room... Have the dials and gauges matching-but when I hit the green button-no baby comes out. I double checked my numbers-8 5 12 which means the D=8 the N=12 and the A=5. What am I doing wrong? Is this a glitch?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 21, 11 3:42 PM
8 5 12 which means the D=8 the N=12 and the A=5.
Look again what you've typed. 5 12 / 12 5.

[Post New]by sandynbert on Dec 21, 11 7:20 PM
I'm not sure which act I'm in but at least 1/2-3/4 way into game. I am in the attic floor of the sanitarium with the two coded doors. You have to go to the office and access the door code on the monitors and then go back to attic and input the code and the door should open. The first door opened as it should. When it was time to open the second door, it doesn't open. I get the code, go back upstairs and input it into the door pad and it doesn't work. I know I have gotten there before the time out, but it just isn't accepting any code. I've done this at least 50 times. I can't get around this. I have deleted and reinstalled both the game manager and the game and it still doesn't work. How can I get this to work?

[Post New]by zippyjoy_1 on Dec 21, 11 8:32 PM
I've never had any problems before so this is extra weird. Downloaded and went to play but the top half of the screen is chopped off and showing up at the bottom of the screen! All my settings seem to be good so have no idea what else to do. Can anyone HELP!

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 22, 11 2:42 AM
i can get to the "start" screen and type in my name but then it froze my pc and i had to re-boot

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Dec 22, 11 8:42 AM
It took 5 hours to dl this game and then when it come up to activation, the game mgr grayed out and locked up and finally just went off the screen. Is my dl lost? Redownloading is not an option because I am on a satellite band with limited usage and this download was over a gig and cannot do it again. So.....is there a way to retrieve the dl of Escape from Ravenhearst?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Dec 22, 11 3:06 PM
88blyth wrote:i can get to the "start" screen and type in my name but then it froze my pc and i had to re-boot

Same here. Just like the demo for the CE version.

AsiaMinor
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by AsiaMinor on Dec 23, 11 11:23 AM
I'm at the four babies part of the game. Don't know what happened but all of a sudden the door to the delivery room opened...ok, great. couldn't do anything in there so I left to pick up the babies again and couldn't. Looked at the walkthrough and need to bring the brats to the hall and but it's not an option anymore. all of a sudden my laptop crashed and had to have windows restall everything.... i'm pissed.
I'm also sick and tired of BF not doing quality control on these games!
I reinstalled the game and it took me back to the babies but I still can't pick 'em up.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 23, 11 6:00 PM
AsiaMinor wrote:I'm at the four babies part of the game. Don't know what happened but all of a sudden the door to the delivery room opened...ok, great. couldn't do anything in there so I left to pick up the babies again and couldn't. Looked at the walkthrough and need to bring the brats to the hall and but it's not an option anymore. all of a sudden my laptop crashed and had to have windows restall everything.... i'm pissed.
I'm also sick and tired of BF not doing quality control on these games!
I reinstalled the game and it took me back to the babies but I still can't pick 'em up.
If the door to the delivery room is open, you accidentally put the babies back in the right order. So don't worry about X-raying them and just continue with the delivery room.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Dec 25, 11 10:38 AM
I opened the game and began to play. Had to stop and come back, the game had paused itself. In the middle of the screen in BIG white letters it said GAME PAUSED click on this screen to resume. I played for 5 minutes with the GAME PAUSED message in the middle of the screen and gave up. Found the morphed objects, picked up a few items, could not activate a hint and the game said it was paused the whole time. Odd

Go to: