obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

Level 13

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 21, 11 12:11 PM
I just cannot find the little bonus item. I have been in this level about 15 times. Where the heck is it? lol. crap.

Aurora_3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Level 13

[Post New]by Aurora_3 on Dec 21, 11 3:48 PM
Can't find it either. Found it when I was playing in easy mode and once when I was playing in normal, but I couldn't finish in time so I restarted and used a different strategy. This looks like I might finish in time, but I can never find the artifact. I suspect it is somewhere that I can't see. I have noticed that it moves around if you play a level more than once.

If anyone can help, by telling me where it is so I can have that part of the screen open when I have to find it. I would much appreciate.

Thanks

Aurora_3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora_3 on Dec 21, 11 5:35 PM
Found it. it was towards the middle of the screen, but I don't know whether it moves around or I didn't notice it before.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 22, 11 5:42 AM
Thank you so MUCH!

[Post New]by bkatecd on Dec 23, 11 2:29 PM
I tried this level 3 times to see if the little hammer thing moved and it doesn't. It is placed halfway down the wall below the quarry.

g_abriele
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by g_abriele on Dec 27, 11 9:07 AM
I finish level 13 in time - but still am "blue" ... and I can't find the item either

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 28, 11 9:57 PM
I found it once but was unable to finish in time - which means I went the "wrong way" first or updated the wrong buildings first. I have been through this level at LEAST 20 times the one time I did find the artifact it was in the bottom middle of the screen and no matter which way I try to "light" the area with the Idols I cannot make it in time to find the stupid artifact!! SOOOOoooooooooo frustrating as I have made ALL other levels of this "door" with time to spare! I am so wanting it so I can have the bonus level at the bottom in front of the door - ANY help or suggestions would be welcome! Thanks I LOVE THIS GAME :-)

Lean

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 31, 11 11:21 AM
I finally found the hammer thing on my 4th time through. It was by the well on the left (just below the farm).
So it does move around. This is the most hated part of the game for me. If it wasn't timed in how fast you have to find the thing, it would be better. I just hate looking for that when I've got tasks to complete!

Lean, to finish in time, make sure you don't use wood if you don't have to. The only buildings I updated were the main house (to get another worker), the stone mason, and one of the water buildings (the one on the left). Also, don't give water to the farm after you have fed the goats. Use it to buy wood from the merchant instead. Don't spend your stone to buy wood until after you have built the stone relics.

Good Luck.

[Post New]by sharonblain on Dec 31, 11 11:30 AM
did you upgrade them to full or just once?

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 31, 11 11:37 AM
Just once each.
I upgraded the stone quarry first, then got enough stone/water to get more wood (plus picked it up from the path where I could), then upgraded the house, then the water on the left.

I did not build the bridge (wood) just below the house, nor the bridge straight up from the house (stone). I went across the rope on the right and then up to the goat and totem and down to the goat and other totem.

[Post New]by sharonblain on Jan 1, 12 11:18 AM
can find all items but cannot finish the level on time can someone go over this again please as im really stuck. many thanx

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jan 2, 12 12:37 PM
Here is how I did it (this is just one way, others may work as well):

1) collect wood, break rocks and collect water above hut. Build rope to right of hut.
2) Collect water, cotton, wood, and stone (this opens the path to the stone mason). Collect the wood on the path above that.

3) Build the Stone bridge above the hut.
Collect wood, cotton, and wood. This opens the Well on left and Cotton Farm above it.

4) upgrade the Stone mason as soon as you can, now.

5) repair road by cotton farm. Collect wood and water.

6) pay goat below stone mason and collect the water past him.
Put water on fire above mason (across rope bridge). This opens the Well on the right. Collect water and items above the well on that path. Trade stone for wood with the shaman on that path.

7) Upgrade hut. Build bridge (stone) below hut just past the goat you just paid.
At same time, clear upper right path to the goat (past the shaman that wants stone) in front of totem. Pay the goat when you have enough cotton.

8) Clear road to left side rope (past stone bridge on bottom), and build the rope. (in the meantime, clear the way to the water->wood shaman)

9) When get 3 cotton, STOP watering the farm. Save your water for trading. Start trading with the water->wood shaman and pay the goat in front of bottom left totem.

10) construct all totems and keep trading water and stone until you have enough wood.

You should finish in plenty of time.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 4, 12 6:17 PM
cstdenis - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I finally got it - my little bonus item was over by the stone mason btw.

Lean

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jan 5, 12 3:20 AM
I am probably having a senior moment there but despite the numerous tips and advices, I don't seem to make it to get the "green" in time. ( I am playing in hard mode).
Without betraying too much, my question to those who made it in hard mode is the following,which building do you upgrade first? and...do you upgrade stone+hut+1 water?
Many thanks in advance and by the way Happy New Year 2012 gaming with BigFish!

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jan 5, 12 5:09 AM
Well, made it, using a completely different strategy, basically upgraded to 2 workers, then 3 waters, never upgraded the stone, kept the water only for farm (got rid of 3 goats only) and for trading wood, did it in plenty of time...I am sure so many more solutions are available. Cheers!

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jan 6, 12 2:45 AM
Another (very simple) way is to upgrade to 2 workers, don't upgrade anything else, don't build the unnecessary stone and wood bridges and approach the bottom left hand totem via the rope. This way you can minimise the resources you need, especially for the goats and the 4 water it takes each time.

Bingoslots
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Bingoslots on Jan 9, 12 6:54 PM
I had 11 woods in my inventory however i could not complete the last task to obtain 9 woods. What exacvtyly do I have to do to complete the final task? Do I have to put the wood somewhere?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jan 10, 12 8:58 AM
Without going back over the level (it removes your Gold score if you do!), I think you need 20 Wood, so you have 11 and it's telling you that you need 9 *more*

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 8:58:56 AM PST

jam_143_dm
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jam_143_dm on Jan 10, 12 10:08 PM
Rico-- If you exit out of the level before you finish it, your previous status remains. Despite the warning message, your new score/status only replaces the previous when you complete the level. (yeah, that's two ways of saying the same thing... been a long day!)
JM

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jan 11, 12 9:24 AM
OK Cheers Jam - will give that a go!

Go to: