bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 22, 11 12:05 AM
Save all the life on Earth and become a hero in Starlaxis, an incredible Match 3 and Arcade game mashup! After the sun dies in the year 2257, top scientists discover that the only way to reanimate the sun is by using mysterious phantom energy. Now, you’ve been chosen for your amazing piloting skill to become a Light Hunter and gather the energy before it’s too late! Travel the galaxy and save Earth in Starlaxis!

Re:Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters

[Post New]by Starlaxis on Dec 22, 11 6:48 AM
Hi together!

I'm the developer of the Starlaxis and I hope you have fun with the game!

Please post all thoughts and comments about the game here!

And by the way, if you get stucked in a level, don't hesitate to tell me,
maybe I can help you...

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 7:51:10 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 22, 11 7:17 AM
Starlaxis wrote:Hi together!

I'm the developer of the Starlaxis and I hope you have fun with the game!

Please post all thoughts and comments about the game here!

And by the way, if you get stucked in a level, don't bother to tell me,
maybe I can help you...

Um...I think you mean "please tell me". "Don't bother to tell me" means "I don't want you to tell me because I'm not interested"!

[Post New]by Starlaxis on Dec 22, 11 7:57 AM
Oh, I meant "don't hesitate" of course!
Thanks for the hint, I've changed the post.

My english is not the best, I apologize!

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Dec 22, 11 8:01 AM
This is a difficult one to describe, but I'll give it a shot. Not really a M3, not really an arcade game, with Tetris-type action thrown in. The top two-thirds of the screen is a field with falling objects that you have to match up in certain patterns, depending on what you want to happen in the lower third of the screen, which is a second playing field with your spaceship navigating through obstacles and enemies. Different matches up top cause your ship to move in one of 4 directions, shoot, deploy shields, and probably more as the game progresses. The upper field fills up Tetris-style unless you create matches of the patterns or of three of a kind. If you are hit by an enemy, the upper field begins to fill up from the bottom with flames. I found it to be quite challenging to try to keep up with the top and bottom at once and didn't get very far. There appear to be power ups to be bought, but I didn't seem to have enough currency or points to be able to get any. Not my cup of tea, but definitely worth a try to see if it's yours.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 22, 11 8:25 AM
I just played some, and I like the concept. So far, it is something I can handle...but I think as you get into the game, it will become faster, and much more difficult. I have a hog to play today, so will give this one another try later.

peppiespet
Clownfish
Clownfish
624 Posts

[Post New]by peppiespet on Dec 22, 11 9:27 AM
starlaxis

thank you for showing an interest in how we rate your game very polite

going to try it

happy christmas

[Post New]by Starlaxis on Dec 22, 11 10:37 AM
@ peppiespet: Well, I think this should every developer do! That is the only way to make games better or put the knowledge into sequels.

@ WolfenRaindancer: I'm curious to see how far you get!

Did someone already beaten the first boss (Raptor) in level 1_4 ?

Happy christmas to all of you and thank you for your support!
Did you already got all presents for your loved ones?

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 1:12:01 PM PST

[Post New]by CatskillHiker on Dec 22, 11 1:38 PM
I get the sign on screen on a blue background. After that all I can see is the blue background. Any clues?

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Dec 22, 11 5:57 PM
Obviously I'm as thick as a brick - got the part about the tetris falling cubes and managed to even follow the ship directions (B and arrow) which moved me but did not understand even remotely what I was supposed to do to "collect" the space junk. Was that the stuff in the bottom screen and how does lining up the cubes destroy it? There were meteors which I could fly above but one covered the screen and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get around it, blow it up or what???? Shame as I would have enjoyed an m3 set in space. Puzzle Quest Galactrix is one I play over and over.

[Post New]by Starlaxis on Dec 23, 11 12:42 AM
gpj53 wrote:Obviously I'm as thick as a brick - got the part about the tetris falling cubes and managed to even follow the ship directions (B and arrow) which moved me but did not understand even remotely what I was supposed to do to "collect" the space junk. Was that the stuff in the bottom screen and how does lining up the cubes destroy it? There were meteors which I could fly above but one covered the screen and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get around it, blow it up or what???? Shame as I would have enjoyed an m3 set in space. Puzzle Quest Galactrix is one I play over and over.

Yeah, you're right, this is the junk. You can also see that in the map of the level when you're activating the pause menu. But you don't have to destroy it, you must fly to it with your space ship in order to collect it!
To reach the scrap you have to destroy at least one of the three asteroids blocking the way! When you reach them, Pea, your flight computer, will activate the weapons of your ships in order to do that. Then you have to line up a "D" and a "2" to blow the asteroids away!

Try it again, don't give up, humanity needs you! Save the Earth!

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 12:52:27 AM PST

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Dec 23, 11 3:50 AM
Thank you it's a little clearer now and I'll give it another go.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Dec 23, 11 3:16 PM
Starlaxis,

PLEASE pay even MORE attention to the technical problems section of this forum.. I'm having the same problem as everyone else--(blue screen of nothing)--and it would mean a LOT to see you posting helpful replies in THAT section! (I see three posts here from you, and not even one in the technical problems section.)

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/192071.page

We can't love your game until we can play it! Really looking forward to trying it, whenever it works!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 2, 12 5:50 PM
I couldn't play the game the first time I downloaded but when I downloaded it the second time on another computer I was able to play the game. I don't care for the Tetris like part of the game too much but once I figured out how to play the game it didn't bother me a lot. I was able to get rid of the scrap metal eventually even though I had no idea what I was doing. By the time the first enemies showed up on the screen I had figured out what I was supposed to do and how to do it. There is so much going on in this game it is a little difficult to play but it is fun too. I stopped the demo so I could type this. I have eighteen minutes left and I think I'll use them.

To anyone who doesn't understand how to play the game, I can write what I do understand about the game. Your ship is on the bottom of the screen as is the scrap metal, enemies and whatever else shows up. There is a grid above you with falling cubes. The cubes are letters, numbers and direction arrows. Right click the mouse to: change the letter A to B,C, or D: change the up arrow to right, down or left arrows: change the number 1 cube to 2,3 or 4.

There are commands in the upper left corner. The B plus arrow keys move your spaceship in the direction of the arrows. As the cubes fall you have to create the combinations on the left hand side of the screen in order to move or fire your guns.

It took me about 1/2 hour to figure this out but once I did the game was much more fun to play. At first I thought I was supposed to make match 3's but that is not how the game is played. I accidentally created enough combos to get through the tutorial. When the first ship attacked me on the second level I quickly figured out what I was supposed to be doing and how to do it. It's a fun game. I'll be spending a lot of time playing this one.

I give this game out of 5 and a for the poor instructions.

Have fun players.

Go to: