bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 22, 11 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nabee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nabee on Dec 22, 11 12:23 AM
it doesn't even start.

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 22, 11 12:52 AM
Hi nabee,

If your game doesn't start up, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go if you hadn't already:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Dec 22, 11 3:52 AM
Wow, mine just stays in activiation mode had to close manager to stop it. Then restarted the manager the game showed the trial was expired.

never had this happen before, deleted and will try to download again

Edit: reloaded after closing/reopening my gamemanager and the game now shows the trail available

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 3:58:05 AM PST

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Dec 22, 11 5:43 AM
Lately, have been having problem with install from Internet Explorer. Get message the file does not exist or has been moved (or words to that effect).

When I switch to Chrome, no problem. Have done uninstall/reinstall of my Game Manager with no improvement.

Happened again, today, with 1000 Doors.

Puzzling.......

Edited for clarity: What the message actually says is-
"xxxxxxxx.exe file has been moved or deleted" (of course the xxxx's would be replaced by the appropriate file number in a real message)

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 5:58:52 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 22, 11 6:23 AM
I use Firefox browser if that will help, happy gaming..

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,397 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Dec 22, 11 8:16 AM
Got to the scene where you zoom into the sofa for a H0 scene. The pencil/seahorse just will not work--I've clicked all over the place!

If this game comes for the Mac platform I will want to get it. I just demo games on the PC now but am no longer buying any CEs that are for the PC only.

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 8:16:42 AM PST

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Dec 22, 11 10:48 AM
I keep getting an "error downloading" message, so I can't download the game.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 22, 11 11:58 AM
Hey Rainbow722, you may want to see if starting over with a new player profile will help you get to that Hidden Object scene. Or feel free to ask your question as a new thread in the Game Forum in case another player is able to help.

Grimhild, please take a look at the following help article to see if there are some troubleshooting steps that might resolve the error message:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you need further assistance, please write in to Tech Support so that our reps can work with you one-on-one to get any issues resolved. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Lady_Jesse_89 on Dec 22, 11 5:56 PM
Hi, I am currently on the part of the game where I need to get the gems in order to finish the potion. I've already given the nut to the squirrel and when i try to grab the gems it won't let me. How do I finish this???

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,397 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Dec 22, 11 6:31 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Rainbow722, you may want to see if starting over with a new player profile will help you get to that Hidden Object scene. Or feel free to ask your question as a new thread in the Game Forum in case another player is able to help.
-bfgArnoStyx

Thanks bfgArnoStyx. I don't have enough time left to get to that point again because I spent so much time trying to get it to work. I'll just wait until I see if a Mac version ever comes out and try it then (not getting any more PC CEs since BF will no longer refund the PC version when the Mac version comes out).

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 22, 11 11:07 PM
I am trying to put the flowers over the fireplace in the dining room like the painting but the game will not let me move the flowers into the correct positions. I need them to be right in order to open a cache with objects needed for the game.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 23, 11 8:55 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:I am trying to put the flowers over the fireplace in the dining room like the painting but the game will not let me move the flowers into the correct positions. I need them to be right in order to open a cache with objects needed for the game.

Guess I will have to start a new game since I cannot progress until the flowers on the mantle work. I am so tired of paying good money for a game to find a glitch and have to restart the whole game over again. I would like to be able to get through the game from start to finish without problems. A lot of the games lately have had problems-especially the CE games.

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Dec 23, 11 2:05 PM
No problems with the game - until I get to the boys bedroom - then the graphics go all weird and pixellated. Any suggestions? Have tried changing the screen resolution.

[Post New]by CCZimmer on Dec 23, 11 2:55 PM
I did not download the trial version but rather just purchased it using 2 game credits. Have been trying for about 6 hours to get it to download. Had a ton of error messages so ran a virus scan on my computer just to be sure that there was no problem on my end. Rebooted my computer and then, at least the error messages went away. I went to My Account Purchase History and clicked on INSTALL. I'm only @ 14.6 MB of 441.3 MB and it has taken 15 minutes to get that far. What is the problem...I have MORE than enough ram and disk space and run Windows 7.

[Post New]by griggy on Dec 23, 11 3:18 PM
In the portrait room with the dog, my screen suddenly darkened, froze, went black, reappeared still frozen, went black again, reappeared ... and then I got an error message: about VPU recovery -- hardware deadlock -- software rendering until I restart my computer. What on earth? I'm running Windows XP. I've followed the suggestions for crashes, etc. I don't have problems with other games. Help!

Fortunately, I was still in the trial.

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 3:28:49 PM PST

[Post New]by justplainme on Dec 23, 11 7:28 PM
Hello all and Happy Holiday. My hint button has stopped working. Any suggestions? Thanks.

[Post New]by justplainme on Dec 23, 11 7:46 PM
Hi. After I got past getting the key to one of the cabinets, the hint button started to work again. It took a while to fill up, but it is working now.

Thanks

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Dec 23, 11 10:24 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:I am trying to put the flowers over the fireplace in the dining room like the painting but the game will not let me move the flowers into the correct positions. I need them to be right in order to open a cache with objects needed for the game.

Guess I will have to start a new game since I cannot progress until the flowers on the mantle work. I am so tired of paying good money for a game to find a glitch and have to restart the whole game over again. I would like to be able to get through the game from start to finish without problems. A lot of the games lately have had problems-especially the CE games.
I was just wondering if you knew you have to move them under where they are in the correct order you click on them amd move them below into there correct spaces I thought you just had to move them in where there where and then i figured out they went into the 4 empty design spots I hope i explained that ok and I hope it works for you if i didnt explain it good look at the SG and it will show you

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Dec 24, 11 11:12 AM
Just about ready to buy when I decided to play alittle more of the trial. Got to room by clock and entered and game is black. My computer keeps saying game not responding. And error code but no fixes for it. I have never had issues with [removed by moderator] games working. AMD just updated day b4 but not sure if that is issue. Am bummed really liked this game.

Edited on 12/30/2011 at 10:03:28 AM PST

Go to: