bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 22, 11 12:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Post any Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters technical issues here only

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 22, 11 12:59 AM
Started up the game and got a blue screen. Nope, not the blue screen of death, just a blue screen with music. Then I got a box to enter my name. Did that. Still blue screen. Waited.................still blue screen. Used CtlAltDel to exit the game. Game minimized but the cursor wandered all around the screen...couldn't get to to touch on "end now". Couldn't get to the task bar to exit from there. Tried tabbing and got a continuous repeat of a pop-up box about "Failure to install DirectX textures". Finally had to restart.

And yes, I have DirectX 9 as asked for in the game specs.

[Post New]by sallybru on Dec 22, 11 6:33 AM
I got a message that the game could not open a Direct X device, then an Access Violation. Since I have a relatively new computer and have no trouble with most games, I would think that something is wrong in the game.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 22, 11 8:26 AM
When I tried to play the game I saw the little spacecraft opening screen then it changed to a black screen with input not supported floating around. This is the first time I've ever seen that. I'm running Windows XP with 2 GB of ram and direct X 9.0c. My graphics card has 512 MB of ram and all my drivers are up to date, including the sound drivers. I had to Ctrl Alt Del out of the screen. Any ideas people?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 22, 11 8:41 AM
ditto ...ajuma...got the same!

Am so happy it was not the 'blue screen of death'! ...then it would have been a really 'P.O'. situation here at my humble abode! ...had to do the CtlAltDel to exit the game...am not going back to try this at all!

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Dec 22, 11 9:03 AM
The developer contacted me asking for specs but I haven't heard back. Has anyone heard of Shader 2.0? Apparently your system has to support this program but I've never heard of it!!

[Post New]by spyderchick1 on Dec 22, 11 9:04 AM
Opened the game and it seemed to load fine, but the aspect ratio was off the chart. I opened the options tab and was able to set the audio, but the option to set the game in windowed play was 'off screen' and could not mouse over to it.

Looks like a bug in the code.

hsemse
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by hsemse on Dec 22, 11 2:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting that blue screen and nothing else. I'm hoping there will be a fix soon. It looks like an interesting game but it really sucks that it just keeps running and running and nothing happens. Did see space ships flying across the screen before it went blank forever and ever.

Go to: