DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments regarding House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collectors Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 12:31 AM
Hi there,
Well, I have been informed by someone who beta'd this game that it is a "good" one.
But my question is, how many "doors" do you think will really be in the game?
I mean 1000 in one edition of the game? (Or is this a tricksy thing??).
So, the bidding/guess is open, however I have no prizes for the correct or nearest answer - just some fun.
Of course, you can also add any comments you have about the game in the meantime.
Cheers

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Comments regarding House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collectors Edition

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Dec 22, 11 12:36 AM
Not Sure! However; I hope there are a least 25 doors in the game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 12:44 AM
OK, the first hopeful guess is from rlk0045 with 25 doors. (Hi rlk0045 )

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 22, 11 1:04 AM
LOL! DLO! Imagine having to find 1,000 keys before we could open them!

My guess is 28.

Happy Christmas to one and all

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 22, 11 1:15 AM
I also beta tested this game, from the amount I played, yes it is a good one and was waiting for it to come out, hope it lives up to it`s expectations.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 22, 11 1:18 AM
Just spent 30 min. walking around and finding puzzles with missing parts and doors with locks some fun but useless morphing items and so far a number of items for my inventory but none yet to help with opening up doors. Will have to sleep on it to see if I really care to go on. Hope to hear good things from fishies in other time zones who are awake and can continue to play. Looking forward to comment and reviews, will check back in after a few hours sleep and in between Holiday preparations.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 22, 11 1:18 AM
and i can say that there is a 1000 doors number 2 which is in work!stay tuned,fishes,i betaed this second one,as good as the first!!!
happy christmas for all men of good will!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 22, 11 1:30 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:OK, the first hopeful guess is from rlk0045 with 25 doors.
Peglegann offers 28.
Hm what does this mean from edmee1947?
"and i can say that there is a 1000 doors number 2 which is in work!stay tuned,fishes,i betaed this second one,as good as the first!!!"

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 22, 11 1:45 AM
I liked this game. Yes, the haunted house isn't a unique theme, but I enjoyed the demo nevertheless. The game was still going when the demo ended. I don't know how long the game is, but I hope that's a good sign. The graphics were very good as well as the music. The **** scenes were fairly easy and I only came across one mini game I didn't really "get". The gameplay was good enough to follow along with and if you needed a push in the right direction , you had the hint button and also the map.
I would rate this a 9 out of 10. Of course being a CE , I can't afford it. I will have to wait for the SE.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 22, 11 2:05 AM
If "Mountain Crime: Requital" from this dev is a SE, how in the wide world does this game (much inferior to MCR) rate as a CE?
Just wondering.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 22, 11 3:13 AM
edmee1947 wrote:and i can say that there is a 1000 doors number 2 which is in work!stay tuned,fishes,i betaed this second one,as good as the first!!!

What is the 1st one called please?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 22, 11 3:20 AM
Another haunted house. ****-hum. Boy, there sure is a shortage of ideas out there.

However, to be fair, this one does seem to have a few interesting twists. Graphics, music, navigation, HOS and puzzles are all well done.

The disappearing/reappearing house theme has been done before though. Sorry devs, but I played a game like that not so long ago.

Anyway, not being exactly spoilt for choice, I have bought it, so I will see how it goes.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 22, 11 4:33 AM
Sheerija wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:and i can say that there is a 1000 doors number 2 which is in work!stay tuned,fishes,i betaed this second one,as good as the first!!!

What is the 1st one called please?

I think what edmee means is, that there is a second one in the pipeline already.
Todays game is the first one. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Dec 22, 11 6:48 AM
It's a beautifully done game but so far I'm finding it incredibly easy even at the expert level. Possible spoiler: . It's no fun when you can find and use everything you need without leaving a scene. I also found some scenes like the seance kind of silly and you may know what I'm talking about when you get there. I think a decent buy for an SE.

Edited on 12/22/2011 at 6:49:06 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 22, 11 6:49 AM
I really don't know about this one. It's chalked full of hidden object scene AGAIN. I get really tired of those so I might buy it or I might not.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Dec 22, 11 7:01 AM
yes,peglepann!the second one is nammed:
house of 1000 doors:the palm of zoroaster;sometimes i have some difficulty to translate my thoughts in english!
i think i'll buy the next one as well!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 22, 11 7:28 AM
I will buy this game when the SE comes out, The graphics are so clear and beautiful and the sounds was great! I loved everything about this game thx DEV's and BF for a awesome game today,

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Dec 22, 11 8:56 AM
I haven't played the demo yet (it's downloading now), but I'm assuming there are 4 doors, since the blurb says there are 4 mysteries. (I'm assuming there's one mystery per door.) Maybe 5, if the bonus game turns out to be a new door!

I'm hoping this is another series of "short stories", like the Reincarnations series. I've been known to stay up all night finishing a new game, just to find out how it ends. That doesn't have to happen when there are a few short stories in one game.

And I loved "Mountain Crimes: Requital," so it's good to know this is by the same devs.

[Post New]by brightlyiburn on Dec 22, 11 9:04 AM
My husband and I beta'd this back in October and have been waiting for it ever since. For what it's worth, we started out rolling our eyes over yet another dark, haunted house game, but we ended up enjoying it a lot. It's got a lot of its own unique characteristics to it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 22, 11 9:51 AM
edmee1947 wrote:yes,peglepann!the second one is nammed:
house of 1000 doors:the palm of zoroaster;sometimes i have some difficulty to translate my thoughts in english!
i think i'll buy the next one as well!

I do not have more than 1 language! LOL! Well done!
This game is a good one BUT worth double the price?....... not sure about that.

Go to: