cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 23 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Dec 23, 11 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD 23 December 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Dec 23, 11 4:30 AM
I played for about five minutes before exiting and consigning it to the bin!

njmathews
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by njmathews on Dec 23, 11 8:43 AM
After reading some of the bad reviews from when this was originally offered, for some reason I still thought I should at least give it a try. Silly me. Boring, simple; would rather replay any of my games. One fishie mentioned she hated the font and I considered that oddly petty. She was right.

So I promise to listen to my fellow fishies in the future. But hey, I needed to kill a few minutes and that mission was accomplished.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Dec 23, 11 2:07 PM
njmathews wrote:After reading some of the bad reviews from when this was originally offered, for some reason I still thought I should at least give it a try. Silly me. Boring, simple; would rather replay any of my games. One fishie mentioned she hated the font and I considered that oddly petty. She was right.

So I promise to listen to my fellow fishies in the future. But hey, I needed to kill a few minutes and that mission was accomplished.

Too funny and I agree – silly me I too should have heeded the advice of my fellow fish
Even at $2.99 no deal for me

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 23, 11 2:58 PM

I tend to ignore comments that say that a game is too short due to the fact that I am a V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W player BUT to have played and finished the game 5 minutes later after the test trial?

THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE to me even with the DD

I'll be submitting a request for the return of my money immediately after posting this comment.

MENr56

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 23, 11 4:28 PM
Review/comment after playing part of the demo:

I don't care for all the H0 scenes with only an occasional puzzle or mini-game to break it up. The story seemed "OK", I guess...not really interesting to me though. We CAN click through the dialog which is nice. I don't know about the hint button - I didn't need to use it. H0 scene objects were not too difficult to find - as long as I was looking for the correct object! Possible spoiler: I thought one item on the list was "dogs" - but it was "clogs"
The font was difficult for me to read sometimes. I like everything to find be listed at once...I don't like more items added as ones are found.

I just didn't care a lot for the style of graphics - some scenes were very "crowded"-looking and a bit fuzzy...kind of blurry, but if it happened to be a H0 scene, it was clearer when looking for the objects. (Does that make sense? For example, the alley with the man lying in it - the graphics for the man were kind of blurry but when clicking to play the H0 scene, THOSE graphics were clearer.) Music - I don't know as I didn't use speakers.

I don't have any idea of the length of the game or "extra/bonus/whatever it was called"...for finding bullets throughout the game.

I will hold off on this game...

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 23, 11 5:10 PM
This is pretty much a straight HOG type game, with a few puzzles thrown in. Must be a really old game. Compared to the newer games, this is very boring. At least 1 object in every scene has been so well hidden it's necessary to use a hint. I wouldn't want this game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 5, 12 5:25 PM
I like the concept of the story in this game, but it was so short,and the story went knowhere. I don't think it's worth a punch card/DD/COTW. Maybe free. I don't mind paying for a game, but this game went knowhere in the story or game play. And then it just ended. I am very easy on game reviewing, because I love games so much and I know the hard work that goes into them. But the developers either didn't know what they were doing in this game or they just tried to make money on nothing. I would not recommend this game to anyone. Sorry, but this is how I feel. It could have been a good game, but woulda,shoulda,coulda, isan't enough for me.

Go to: