bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Manor: Queen of Death

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 23, 11 12:05 AM
Dive into Haunted Manor: Queen of Death and save your sister before it's too late! Find a powerful amulet to stop an ancient evil in this amazing Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. After receiving a mysterious letter, you return home to find that your family has been murdered. The only survivor is your sister, Stella, who now needs you to save her! Concoct a powerful elixir to save Stella and then confront the Queen of Death!

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 12:53:15 PM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Haunted Manor: Queen of Death

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 23, 11 12:24 AM

I wrote this on the CE reviews...

Developers: Top Evidence (Haunted Manor: Lord of the Mirrors - one of my favorites).

5 chapters + bonus game. Seems quite long.

Superb quality, amazing animation, helpful hint system, and a lot of ghosts! Just my Alley.

I think it's legitimate rival to Return to Ravenhearst - the creepy aura is overwhelming...

Sparkles? Which sparkles? I didn't see them at all... Besides, I need them, because I don't remember the places I have to click on...

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Dec 23, 11 1:02 AM
Yet another haunted manor game...same ol same ol

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 23, 11 4:12 AM
2easy wrote:Yet another haunted manor game...same ol same ol

Lol, you know, when I visited Toronto, I was astonished to see whole street with the same house construction (pretty, but same)...

Then I thought: is the living in each house the same style too? Of course not!

Same here: you are given the same style (genre: mystery) of games, but the "living" in each game is different: plot, tools, programming, problems, etc. These are the parameters which you have to test, and make your conclusions after...

Happy gaming.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 23, 11 5:13 AM
what a beautiful made game, Graphics are awesome and so are the sounds great work dev's keep up the good work and many thx BF, This game I will buy.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 23, 11 5:39 AM
Thanks to both Rebeca_Lily, and Valdy for bringing your
reviews from the CE over to this forum. As one who can
only buy an occasional CE, it's disappointing when the
SE is released to find no one reviewing it.

And since both of you are on my list of "best reviewers",
it's doubly appreciated.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 11 6:19 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Thanks to both Rebeca_Lily, and Valdy for bringing your

it's doubly appreciated.

Many thanks for the compliment, Joyce. (((huggles)))

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 23, 11 7:33 AM
Review from part of the demo:

I really like this game. It has what I'm looking for - beautiful graphics, good puzzles, some "hard to find" items in the H0 scenes, lots of "back and forth"! (I didn't have speakers on so cannot comment on music but will certainly listen next time I'm in the game.) The hint system is quite helpful and recharges fairly quickly.

Storyline - a bit strange but I play the games more for the "play factor" than the story anyway. Some of my favorites games - the one about a little bang theory and the one about dinosaurs - are wonderful to play although the stories are not really that good or believable either.

For me, there are plenty of sparkles (and are appreciated!). Sometimes we can move things around but don't see anything to pick up or to know what to do, but I find that those are really "hints" for me to make me aware I'll have to go back and do something else later in the game so I'd better remember or write them down!

Overall...a good game and I will get the SE!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 23, 11 8:24 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
2easy wrote:Yet another haunted manor game...same ol same ol

Lol, you know, when I visited Toronto, I was astonished to see whole street with the same house construction (pretty, but same)...

Then I thought: is the living in each house the same style too? Of course not!

Same here: you are given the same style (genre: mystery) of games, but the "living" in each game is different: plot, tools, programming, problems, etc. These are the parameters which you have to test, and make your conclusions after...

Happy gaming.

Very apt observation, and something to remember!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 23, 11 8:31 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Thanks to both Rebeca_Lily, and Valdy for bringing your

it's doubly appreciated.

Thank you Joyce, but almost the whole credit goes to Valdy - I just enjoy to read Valdy's so detailed reviews, I don't have the patience to do that .... .

I only test if the game is of high quality (resolution, brightness, screen view, movement), and if I enjoy to play it, receiving the most helpful tools from the developer (hint system, stuck help with SG or without, especially without!).

I play for fun only (as all the fishies do), and I am quite spoiled on this point...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 11 11:25 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Thank you Joyce, but almost the whole credit goes to Valdy - I just enjoy to read Valdy's so detailed reviews, I don't have the patience to do that .... .

Gosh, Rebeca_Lily, you make me blush... I like writing reviews, especially for games I enjoy playing.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 23, 11 9:41 PM
How old is this game? I have a memory of playing it quite some time ago, maybe not through Bigfish, but certainly somewhere

Go to: