bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Haunted Manor: Queen of Death forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 23, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Haunted Manor: Queen of Death forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Haunted Manor: Queen of Death players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Haunted Manor: Queen of Death forum

[Post New]by gdf31251 on Dec 26, 11 8:46 AM
I can't get past the owl at the beginning. How do you frighten it away? I've tried the inventory and nothing works here.

[Post New]by lynngavin12 on Dec 27, 11 11:56 AM
I got stuck just inside the the mansion and the cursor will not change. I uninstalled the game, and restarted the computer. Then re-installed the game and I am still stuck in the same place. I used a game club credit for this game and if this is not fixed I want to be reimbursed. This seems like a fun game and would hate not to be able to play it

sdbaillie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sdbaillie on Dec 29, 11 4:10 AM
I am having the same problem, if you figure it out let me know.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Dec 29, 11 1:17 PM
I'm inside the Manor hallway. I've replaced the candelabra onto the table, but there are no candles to be seen anywhere.

Hints don't help. The Strategy Guide doesn't say where to acquire the candles.

Thanks in advance.

Bug in the game

[Post New]by todash on Jan 3, 12 7:20 AM
I used the scissors to cut the cushion in the (I think) parlor, then in the mausoleum to cut the mistletoe, and they disappeared from my inventory. Unfortunately I need them to cut the rope on the upper stairs. Guess I will start over, but that's definitely a programming bug.

[Post New]by Ciccarello on Jan 3, 12 4:50 PM
I enjoyed this game but it has you going back an forth through the whole game. All scenes are open to the end. Sometimes the hint button will direct you to the right room and other times it tells you to search other areas. The game is very long and you get a lot for your money. The HOs are reasonable. But if the hint doesn't direct you it becomes frustrating.

[Post New]by brenbaker on Jan 5, 12 5:29 PM
I have two items in my inventory: a lighter and a telescope. When I hit tieh "hint" button, it constantly tells me to search another area. I've searched every area numberous times but nothing is opening up and I don't see any way to use the lighter or the telescope. Help!

[Post New]by brenbaker on Jan 5, 12 5:29 PM
I have two items in my inventory: a lighter and a telescope. When I hit tieh "hint" button, it constantly tells me to search another area. I've searched every area numberous times but nothing is opening up and I don't see any way to use the lighter or the telescope. Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 7, 12 12:16 AM
Not sure if you guys have solved your problems yet, but I'll try to offer a little help:

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

gdf31251 , welcome to the forums!! You use the flashlight to scare off the owl. I believe you place it on the back of the carriage.

lynngavin12 and sdbaillie Welcome to the pond to you both! Unfortunately, this sounds like a tech issue. You may want to check the tech issues thread, but you'll probably get better help by contacting tech support directly. You can click on the green envelope to the right of these posts.

soquelcalifornia, you should find your candles at the bottom of the family portrait in the crypt area (down the ladder in the treehouse). You have to zoom into the portrait to see them.

todash, a great big welcome to the forums to you too! This may seem too elementary, but have you used the arrows on either side of your inventory tray to scroll through your inventory? Sometimes when you have a lot of items some get "hidden" out of view.

Ciccarello , welcome to the pond to you as well! There is a great walkthrough for this game if you get too stuck and the hint isn't helping. I didn't have any trouble with the hint, I like being told I'm in the wrong spot, that way I know I just missed something and I need to look harder! I'm weird that way!

Hi brenbaker ! And another hearty welcome to you! You can use your telescope on the balcony of the manor.

Whew! Hope I was able to help, if even a bit, though chances are you guys have already finished this game!! Happy gaming!

[Post New]by rings7 on Jan 10, 12 3:31 AM
cant find the crow bar can you help

Help!!!

[Post New]by lisamilena on Jan 12, 12 9:43 PM
two questions....

on a wall theres a lion with a lock on its nose and u need to insert a code i got the code wich is 39 but when i enter it doesnt work

...#2 by the tree house there is a sculpture on the ground what do i give to it in order for it to work...?

[Post New]by jhcorcoran on Jan 13, 12 12:34 PM
I can't get into Stella's bedroom even though I've solved the door puzzle. I've started over twice and still can't get the door open?

Help!

nemo16
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nemo16 on Jan 15, 12 12:24 PM
the code for the lion is 392

[Post New]by karincav on Jan 17, 12 6:13 PM
I am having trouble with the lock on the lions head. I have the combination (392) but nothing happens. Have tried 39 + each number. Nothing opens the lock. Anyone else having this problem?

cfay
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by cfay on Jan 18, 12 2:32 PM
I'm stuck inside the mansion about three quarters of the way through and my cursor will not move. I press hint and get an error message. Help

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 18, 12 5:39 PM
Hi cfay,

If you're cursor is frozen, you may want to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you. (Any information that you can provide about the error message you're receiving would be great!)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by pebsbam on Jan 22, 12 7:39 AM
Can anyone tell me what to do with the antitoxin? I tried to put it in the flap on the door but it won't let me. There is nothing else I can do until I figure this out.

[Post New]by cntrychik on Jan 22, 12 9:34 PM
Help !!!
Luv this game, but I'm stuck near the end. I have the dagger and 5 out of 6 runes for the book in Stella's hall. Where do I get the last rune??? When I click on hint button, it just points back to the book.
I'll luv you if you can help me...LOL.

[Post New]by asgard2000 on Feb 1, 12 2:23 PM
This is one of the BEST games I have played. I did need to use a couple of hints, and I did "Skip" a couple of the puzzles, but I really enjoyed the game. It kept me moving and had enough mystery, puzzles and enough hiden object spots to keep me interested for the several /intervals/days I spent playing the game.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 2:24:10 PM PST

Go to: