Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Reviews for "Haunted Manor: Queen of Death"

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 11 12:23 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This is a copy of my review from the CE version, so just ignore the part about the bonus game:

There is no voice-over.

There is no choice of casual or advanced mode - the game only plays in sparkly mode.

There is no journal and no map.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. I would recommend using the custom cursor, because the system cursor is static and won't change when you move over different areas.

The graphics are great, and so is the gameplay.

The puzzles are nicely done, and the SKIP button doesn't take forever to fill up.

The HINT button also works outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes), and is very helpful when you are stuck - an arrow will show you where you have to go to next.

The main game was a good length, and the bonus game took me a good hour to complete.

All in all, I had a wonderful time playing this game, and recommend it to anyone who is a HOG (hidden object games) fan.

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 10:28:55 AM PST

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Reviews for "Haunted Manor: Queen of Death"

[Post New]by margit50 on Dec 23, 11 4:42 AM
hi valdy,
can you tell me if the bonus game is needed? i loved this game, not sure if I want to buy the CE or SE. Thanks

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 23, 11 5:37 AM
I was waiting for this SE to come out since playing the CE version awhile back. I really liked the CE version and just finished the SE version demo and bought it. The graphics and music are excellent in this game . The gameplay is fairly easy to follow and you have the hint if you need to push in the right direction. The **** scenes I found were challenging and the mini games also , but there was a quick skip button on the minigames. I would rate this a 9 out of 10.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Dec 23, 11 5:59 AM
Ooh great, I've been waiting for the SE to come out; shame I can't buy it till the first of January, because I've bought all the games for my punchcard reward this month!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 11 6:16 AM
margit50 wrote:hi valdy,
can you tell me if the bonus game is needed? i loved this game, not sure if I want to buy the CE or SE. Thanks

Hi Margit

Most of the time the bonus game is not necessarily essential, and I am sure it's not essential to the main game, but it always adds to the story.

The bonus game continues where the main game stops. I really can't remember exactly every step of the game - it's been too long and there were so many other games I played since then - but I did like the bonus game.

If you want to know what the bonus game is like, pop over to the site that does reviews (starts with a "G" and sounds like something you might find in a large garden). They have the complete walkthrough, which includes the bonus game.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Dec 23, 11 9:23 AM
I too liked the CE version...but have stopped buying those because of $...and will have to get this one after the new year. The only thing I don't like on any of these games lately is they say play free for an hour but will only let you go to a designated point and get the message thanks for trying the trial version, or something along those lines. Says a free hour, make it an hour! Hopefully it's a long enough game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 23, 11 9:38 AM
I wondered why I didn't buy the CE of this game but it didn't take long playing the SE to remember. No option to turn off those irritating sparkles.

Shame the devs didn't think to add any choice of playing mode, instead of forcing the player to look at constant sparkles in the hope that they can do or find something useful.

No buy here; I don't want to be led around by things that are shouting 'look at me'.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 23, 11 10:28 AM
Hi Fishies! Swimming by to sticky this thread.

What do you think of Haunted Manor: Queen of Death? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Haunted Manor: Queen of Death page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Dec 23, 11 10:56 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I wondered why I didn't buy the CE of this game but it didn't take long playing the SE to remember. No option to turn off those irritating sparkles.

Shame the devs didn't think to add any choice of playing mode, instead of forcing the player to look at constant sparkles in the hope that they can do or find something useful.

No buy here; I don't want to be led around by things that are shouting 'look at me'.

Ditto, same thing happened to me.
Well said, hope somebody listens
Thanks

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Dec 23, 11 3:46 PM
thanks Valdy

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 23, 11 5:51 PM
I liked the game, except the movement from scene to scene hesitated. I didn't like the constant sparkles either, although it isn't a factor of whether to buy the game. As usual, a lot of running around. On the fence with this game. I would give it a 3 out of 5

[Post New]by Mystery_Fan on Dec 23, 11 6:40 PM
I purchased the SE version and took over 5-6 hours to play. The story wrapped up without any need for a bonus story, but still left room for a sequel. A good mix of mini-games ranging from simple to needed-walk-thru to complete. Story is just fair and a bit creepy. I would definitely recommend for those who enjoy good graphics and lots of HOs that are well done. (Only a couple of items were impossible to find - completely obscured - randomly found). And lots of new mini-games.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Dec 24, 11 11:59 PM
Enjoyed the game very much..glad I purchased it..

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 28, 11 10:26 AM
This was such a good game! I enjoyed all of it, save for one puzzle which I had to skip (circuits), and the piano puzzle which I had to solve by looking at the walkthrough because it was not at all logical. To open a game and hear Mozart is always going to hook me. I'm sure there was more to the CE, but I was quite satisfied with the SE and in a few months, I'll probably play it again. It would not be for someone who doesn't like lots of H/O scenes, though. There were quite a few, especially at the end of the game. OK for me, I love them.

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Dec 30, 11 6:59 PM
Ok just finished the demo and this is on my wish list ! Love the graphics and the story. Puzzles are fun and the right kind of challenge for me. The only thing that I miss is the "voice over" I like those. A bit creepy but not too bad. Looking forward to purchasing the game.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Jan 1, 12 4:28 AM
Great game! The graphics are colourful and crystal clear. The story line is very interesting in both concept and execution. The mini-games are challenging without being too difficult.
The game fully filled my wide screen which is a real bonus.

Thank you.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jan 3, 12 6:52 AM
This was as good as the first one! Loved both very much!
Good graphics, the music was okay and the storyline great!
It's almost as if I could feel myself in there searching for things and battling daemons.
I rate it a 5 !
And of course, I always play the game a few times.

Good gaming everyone!

[Post New]by poobearz on Jan 3, 12 7:19 AM
Purchased this game yesterday. Good length though not quite as long as I was expecting from reading the reviews. Great graphics, only had one game I couldn't figure out. The limited instructions didn't help, couldn't figure out what on earth to do with it and I didn't want to consult the walkthrough so I skipped it.

Loved that it was a logical game, storyline and use of tools made sense so it was easy to work your way through. Just enough of a challenge to keep it interesting. Not like the new escape from ravenhurst where you have to consult the walkthrough constantly because nothing makes sense.

I keep my sound off when playing so can't comment on any of the voices or music.

Definitely recommend purchasing this one.

Only drawback for those with a slower computer is it will lag when you go to change rooms. Plays flawless on my computer but sticks on the kids older computer some.

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Jan 5, 12 7:12 PM
Ok just finished the game, my daughter was playing along on her computer so we helped each other finish the game.

This is a great game if you have credits this is the game to get. Wonderful graphics, good story and puzzles are good as well. Loved the music, just missed the voice over, I like those. If you are a fan of HOS this certainly the game for you, especially when you are close to the end.

Happy gaming everyone

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 6, 12 4:19 AM
Just taking a break to say this is a fabulous game - loads to do/great story/lovely to look at and taxing the brain cells though the hint system is great. Well worth it!

Go to: