DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by rootbeer541 on Jan 17, 09 7:32 PM
Do not waste your credit/money/time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann_1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

[Post New]by Ann_1 on Jan 18, 09 3:38 PM
You are right. I wish I had seen this before I bought it.

[Post New]by Brandysnap on Jan 20, 09 12:35 AM
i liked the actual game... but its incredibly short and easy. i finished it about 30 minutes after the 1 hour free period was finished.

wont be buying another haunted hotel game.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Jan 20, 09 1:08 AM
I LOVE this game & I'll buy the next one!
Looking forward to the next part of the game!!

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Jan 20, 09 1:22 AM
I liked this game and bought it.

Welcome to the pond, Brandysnap, Ann 1 and rootbeer541, have fun

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 20, 09 6:27 AM
I agree with Mummypops and Gringojoy- thought this was a pretty good game!

[Post New]by NanV52 on Jan 20, 09 11:23 AM
I agree with everyone here. This was a good game but way too short. They need to add more to this game to make it worth playing. The first one was much better.

[Post New]by smwinner on Jan 20, 09 3:13 PM
I also agree that I finished the game about 30 min after using the 1 hour demo and purchasing. I told my sister NOT to get the game as it is a waste of a credit. The first one was much better and I hope the game makers improve on the game immensely

jaroch
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jaroch on Jan 22, 09 1:01 PM
I have to agree ... this was the shortest game I've ever bought (and I've bought plenty). I don't think I'll be buying more for quite a while. This was a complete waste of money.

[Post New]by rootbeer541 on Jan 24, 09 8:31 PM
Shorty after I made this post I sent an email to Bigfish customer service. It took 4 days to get a reply, but they gave me full credit on this game. It came in the form of a coupon to use for any game of my choice from this site. So kudos to bigfish for responding to customer DISsatisfaction.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 24, 09 9:11 PM
DISAGREE STONGLY with rootbeer. this was a great game that was fun to play, Also feel that rootbeer did write a proffesional opinion of the game. If you did not like the game you should give specefic reasons as why you did not like the game, this was not done in this case. Also it is not your responsibility to tell people whether they should buy a game. You should only critique the game and then let people decide on their own. I have previously submitted a detailed critique of this game on previous occassions and so will not repeat them here. Unless you can write a proffessional critique that gives specific reasons that support your opinion then the post is of no value.

[Post New]by cookie900 on Jan 27, 09 10:11 AM
DITTO!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!! I WAS TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED IN ITS SIMPLICITY!!

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Jan 31, 09 12:20 PM
I'd have to agree with other posters who said this game is not worth the money. After playing it you are left with many questions that are left unanswered. For example: Why was the detective there in the first place?, Who is this person we are supposed to be looking for and other questions. This game was way too short. After downloading the demo I though there would be a lot more to it but after I bought the game it only took me a half an hour to solve! It was not all that challenging either. It was a very disappointing game! I even played the game twice to make certain I hadn't skiped any parts by mistake and found that I hadn't. It was a waste of money and time!

Edited on 02/19/2009 at 1:16:07 PM PST

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Feb 2, 09 8:50 AM
You can hardly call it a waste of time, since it can be solved in no time at all...lol. Graphics are not state of the art either. So not what I expected and the worst game I ever bought on Big Fish, though in general they have great games.

[Post New]by PHDuarte on Feb 2, 09 3:38 PM
I've got to agree with just about everyone. Generally, I've been pleased with the games I've gotten from Big Fish, but this was extremely easy and unbelievable short. I definitely won't be buying any more Haunted Hotel games, if this is an example of the game - the visuals were fine, the puzzles not particularly challenging and, again, the entire game was way too short. Plus it seemed like I was looking for the same things in almost every scene.

[Post New]by brausi on Feb 4, 09 1:04 PM
hello
it`'s equal for me.
i have fun,perhaps I think later just like you.
but I stuck with finding the right point on the screen...bottom...to activate the blue screen...to use the blacklight..

can you help ??

thanks and best regards

susbrus from germany

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Feb 5, 09 6:48 AM
I totally agree. I have bought HO games for less money (and equal money), and they have been much better value. This game is way too short, and the puzzles are far too basic. Compared to Return To Ravenhurst, The Clumsys, and all the Mystery Case Files games, this one is pathetic. I have complained to BFG, but am still awaiting a reply / explanation as to how they can charge so much for such a small game. What a rip-off!

sissymaria
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sissymaria on Feb 19, 09 9:20 AM
PHDuarte wrote:I've got to agree with just about everyone. Generally, I've been pleased with the games I've gotten from Big Fish, but this was extremely easy and unbelievable short. I definitely won't be buying any more Haunted Hotel games, if this is an example of the game - the visuals were fine, the puzzles not particularly challenging and, again, the entire game was way too short. Plus it seemed like I was looking for the same things in almost every scene.

[Post New]by fungameplayer on Feb 19, 09 9:52 AM
Thank you everybody for the heads-up. I hate buying games that I finish in one day. What are your favorite - and looong - HO games? I already have all of the Mystery Case Files and absolutely love them. I'm looking for games that will satisfy the way those do. Thanks

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Feb 19, 09 12:23 PM
One of the longest I've played is Mystery of Sleepy Hollow it goes on and on

Go to: