bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 23, 11 10:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by bookishfred on Dec 25, 11 7:02 PM
I have been unable to play so far.
I purchased the Collectors Edition on christmas day.
On first opening to play I am asked for a registration name and key.
This has never happened to me before...do i just use my login email address and password or is it something different again?

[Post New]by purplerain71 on Jan 2, 12 3:50 PM
I tried to play this on my MAC computer, their screen does not fit into my screen correctly, I tried to figure out what went wrong. the bottom black blank screen, the the top were cut off. I wonder if anyone experienced this way?

Thanks
purplerain71

[Post New]by katyo58 on Jan 5, 12 1:18 AM
When I try to quit the game I get a black screen and a message from task manager saying the game is not responding ....help please

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Jan 6, 12 2:41 PM
THIS GAME PLAYS IN SLOW MOTION, PAINFULL

[Post New]by Alissa11111 on Jan 7, 12 2:40 PM
I am having a great time playing this game, but for some reason, in some places it doesn't play the way it should.

I was in the hallway of the manor, and none of the clickable elements would click, so I had to start playing again with a different profile. Now, I did the nut puzzle outside Stella's Bedroom, and the game won't let me in the door. Can someone please help? Thanks!

[Post New]by Alissa11111 on Jan 7, 12 8:07 PM
On my third try with the game on a different profile, when I drained the barrel, the coral was not in it. Now I have to start again with another profile! Argh! Can anyone help?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 7, 12 10:20 PM
Alissa11111 wrote:On my third try with the game on a different profile, when I drained the barrel, the coral was not in it. Now I have to start again with another profile! Argh! Can anyone help?

Oh, Alissa, I am so sorry! This seems to be a glitch some folks are having. You definitely need to get in touch with tech support. You can use the green envelope to the right of these posts.

Good luck , I hope they can help! And welcome to the forums!

[Post New]by Alissa11111 on Jan 8, 12 3:19 PM
I wrote to Customer Support yesterday, and hopefully they'll work on it after the weekend. Thanks for the good wishes!

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

access violation error!

[Post New]by chaka4 on Jan 8, 12 4:09 PM
katyo58 wrote:When I try to quit the game I get a black screen and a message from task manager saying the game is not responding ....help please

I'm having the same problem. but I also get an access violation error and then the game stops responding when I try to shut it down.

Also, I notice that urn on the floor in the hallway makes the cursor change into a hand, but when I go to pick it up, it rolls a little, but nothing happens. Not sure it that is a glitch or not.

And, as someone else mentioned, the game runs painfully slow at times.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help. I sure hope they fix these bugs soon. It's a fun game except for these issues.

Edited on 01/08/2012 at 4:15:06 PM PST

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Jan 9, 12 11:52 AM
I love the game enough to overlook the occasional jumpy scenes but it is an annoyance all the same.

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on Jan 10, 12 1:25 PM
frazerpaul wrote:THIS GAME PLAYS IN SLOW MOTION, PAINFULL

Same here! It takes me forever to advance to a new page and the cursor freezes and three times I had to begin the game again. Also one time my computer restarted and it said that a "serious error" was corrected. Is anybody else having these kind of problems?

[Post New]by sunflowers4u2009 on Jan 10, 12 2:59 PM
Alissa11111 wrote:On my third try with the game on a different profile, when I drained the barrel, the coral was not in it. Now I have to start again with another profile! Argh! Can anyone help?
I have had 2 start over 3 times with different player,because the first time it didnt give me the cork screw,so i started over,the next time the coral wasn't in the barrell,im getting tired of getting almost 2 the end them WHAM. Donna

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 10, 12 3:29 PM
hcatb wrote:
frazerpaul wrote:THIS GAME PLAYS IN SLOW MOTION, PAINFULL

Same here! It takes me forever to advance to a new page and the cursor freezes and three times I had to begin the game again. Also one time my computer restarted and it said that a "serious error" was corrected. Is anybody else having these kind of problems?

Hi frazerpaul and hcatb,

An update or two to your graphics software might speed things up for you and keep your game from freezing. This help article has more details:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by jaxyel on Jan 15, 12 12:30 AM
Have been able to play the game through with no issues, also noticed the urn in the mansion foyer moves but doesn't go anywhere. I'm on the bonus game now, and you have to collect mirror shards for Stella's bedroom mirror. I just placed the last one in the mirror and it's not doing anything. It just keeps saying 'I should collect all the mirror shards' but I have, and they're placed. Looking in the strat guide, I have to get a lockpick from the mirror to open up the next area, so I'm totally stuck, can't do anything.

Any help would be excellent.

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Jan 15, 12 9:05 AM
When I try to quit the game I get a black screen and a message from task manager saying the game is not responding

I also get an access violation error and then the game stops responding when I try to shut it down.

Also, I notice that urn on the floor in the hallway makes the cursor change into a hand, but when I go to pick it up, it rolls a little, but nothing happens. Not sure it that is a glitch or not.

No wide screen either

Browser Cache Clear and everthing else updated.

DEinstalled closed down reinstal fixed the access violation and the widescreen

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 6:03:49 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 17, 12 4:08 PM
Ran into a glitch when I finished the mini game in the upper stairs.
It continued to show as an active area. If I clicked for a hint as to
where to go next, it would sometimes take me to that mini where
there was nothing left to do. I found that if I got a few scenes
away, then clicked for a hint, the arrows would take me where
I needed to go. Didn't keep me from completing the game, just
got a bit annoying.

And yes, the urn in the hallway just rolled whenever I clicked
on it. Since I'm finished, guess that's all it does.

[Post New]by pebsbam on Jan 21, 12 9:32 PM
In the crypt, I used the oil can for the rusty hinges, which opened the flap in the door. I am unable to put the antitoxin into the flap. I have tried placing everywhere on the door with no luck. Another family member signed in under his profile and is also unable to place the antitoxin. Any ideas?

LARRY178
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LARRY178 on Jan 24, 12 5:09 PM

I cannot zoom into the manhole. I have done everything up to that point as noted in the walkthrough. Looks like an unadvertised feature :o)

Oddly enough, I bought the game just before this happened.

Here we go to tech support.

Larry.

tookyfes
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tookyfes on Jan 27, 12 11:35 AM
Hi. Im playing the regular edition game on a Mac running Lion, and its running beautifully and smoothly everywhere so far except for the Mausoleum. Once I enter this location, the game becomes very bogged down and laggy. If I back up out of that room, the game goes right back to normal. IDK if thats something that can be fixed or what, but I figured it may be worth mentioning...
EDIT: I restarted the game to see if that would work, and nothing. However, I noticed its just that single location. When I click on one of the caskets, it runs fine. When I open the game menu, its fine. Its just when I'm standing in the Mausoleum looking at the three caskets that it bogs itself wayyyy down. This is what leads me to believe that there's something wrong in the game and not my system, but idk...

Edited on 01/27/2012 at 11:41:18 AM PST

Go to: