TGT: Hidden World of Art

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

TGT: Hidden World of Art

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 12:39 AM
Hidden Object game. Got some new twists to it: sometimes you get a special list of 3 items, and if you find those three items in that order right then, you get extra cash. I played for about 25 minutes, and if I remember correctly got three regular hidden object scenes with words for clues, one with outlines for clues, one find nothing but butterflies, one find pairs of items (no list, just notice things that there are two of), and one spot the differences scene.

The objects are rather easy to spot because they just don't belong in the paintings, however you are only given a short list of items to find, with a new clue being added to the list when you take one off, until all the items are found. I had played the demo from another website already, and when I started over the clues were not in the same order but of course they were the same total items.

I don't know how many scenes there are in this game, but I'm going to assume that the replay value isn't very high.

Annoyances:
* Loading. Have to sit there and watch the splash screen and the numbers counting up to 100% for every single scene.
* No easy way to skip the dialogs. Yes you can click the arrow, but it's click, click, click, click, click, OK, *then* you get to do the next puzzle.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden World of Art

[Post New]by gringojoy on Jan 18, 09 12:47 AM
You make me hate it!
WTG!!!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Jan 18, 09 12:47 AM
Thanks for that Lord. It is also eerily reminding me of a previous game but canot think what it was - ?Enigma. Will play another few minutes then decide!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 18, 09 12:53 AM
Thanks for your input Lord, I've downloaded it, but it sounds like something I won't like, but we'll see..

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 1:15 AM
I haven't made up my mind whether this one's a keeper yet. My initial reaction (demo from the other site) was no. Playing this time it seemed a bit more interesting. I'm going to save the rest of my demo time until after I've slept. (and hope that somebody else buys it then lets us know if it's too short - if it has a lot of levels it would be worthwhile because I rarely play an HO game a second time without waiting a few months anyway)

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 18, 09 1:17 AM
Played 30 mins. and enjoyed it, save the rest for later, not sure if its a yes or no yet.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 18, 09 2:37 AM
I liked it, I bought it, it runs just fine...

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Jan 18, 09 2:41 AM
I played the demo, and I like it. It has a few twists that are different than regular HOGs. Can't decide whether to purchase, though. Would love to know how long it is first. LOL It's pretty interesting, though. The spot the difference ones seem harder to me than most. Maybe just because it's 4:30 am and haven't been to sleep.

[Post New]by LVB410 on Jan 18, 09 2:50 AM
I enyoy the differnt variations of game play. Some of the objects are not real easy to find, some are. At first I wasn't too keen on the graphics but these are supposed to be paintings not photos. After the whole demo I bought it from a differnt site as I wasn't sure we'd get it here.

Edited on 01/18/2009 at 2:51:13 AM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 18, 09 5:23 AM
I like this game, nice change of pace.
Does anyone know how many levels or if it is long enough to purchase?

Just purchased a game and only had a few new levels of play after the demo boohoo lol

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Jan 18, 09 5:45 AM
Will wait for Natalie Brooks 2 or Nightshift Code 2.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Jan 18, 09 7:38 AM
Thanks for the info, Care. I'm pretty sure I'd have bought this one if it wasn't too short.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 18, 09 7:54 AM
Thanks, Lordkalvan, for the review. I'm sitting on the fence on this one as well. Will decide after we learn how much gameplay is available.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 8:09 AM
Another minor annoyance: I always play games in windowed mode. Switching to windowed mode, I have to exit the game and come back to make it take effect. Leaving the game again (with it set to windowed) and coming back - the game was back in full screen mode. Grrrr.....

I'll play out the one hour demo then decide if I'm going to be the guinea pig to see how long the game is.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 18, 09 8:28 AM
I like most of you have downloaded as a trial...I did find this review which gives an idea of how much is in the game....might help in our decisions.

"This atmospheric game will give you the unique opportunity
to feel yourself as a painter-restorer. In Hidden World of Art,
together with the beginner painter Lana Vassari, you will have
to restore about fifty famous paintings. Look for the spare objects on the paintings of the art masters of XV-XIX centuries.
Touch the art without leaving your house."

FYI

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 8:35 AM
I'm almost done with my hour trial. The scenes are getting tougher. Sometimes the items to find look like they should be in the painting (unless you are familiar with that painting and like "spot the differences" games), and sometimes items that I'm sure are not part of the painting aren't getting picked up - so it's possible that particular scene has replay value.

I really like the "find the pairs" scenes for some reason. I'm going to buy it, then let everybody know how soon it finishes. It's the weekend.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 9:26 AM
Haven't finished yet. None of the scenes have repeated yet either. Other good points:
* No timer
* One free hint for each scene, but you can buy more hints (just don't spend all your $$ on furniture if you like lots of hints)

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 18, 09 9:58 AM
Thanks for the tip Lordkalvan...I purchased the game after closing in on the end of my hour...I like the fact that when they display the 3 bonus items, if you happen to click on the wrong item they warn you that you will lose you bonus and give you a chance to change your mind. Also, there's obviously a lot of thought and planning that went into this game. It's fun, different than your standard HOs and a joy to play. No timer also means a lot to me since I've been playing a lot of high tension games lately. Like it and would recommend the purchase

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 18, 09 11:28 AM
I noticed a funny thing. I got the list of 3 bonus items. I found the first one right off but could not find the second one; I could see the third one. I clicked the first one and asked for a Hint for the second (this was the FREE Hint) and the second item was shown - BUT, a window popped up and said I would lose the Bonus if I decided to use the Hint, did I want to do that? I said NO and then when that window closed, I clicked on the second item! That way I got all three, used the Hint, and got the Bonus too! Weird!

I tried it again in another scene just to see if it would work again. This time it was NOT the FREE Hint. The window popped up and warned me about losing the Bonus, etc. but i was NOT shown the item. I guess it only works with the FREE Hint.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 09 11:30 AM
Still haven't finished. I've noticed one repeat of a painting, but it was using a different format. (One time was "find the pairs", another time I was given outlines)

Weird bug: in one scene I was supposed to find a "trombone" but the item that worked was a goblet.

I'm enjoying the art work at any rate. The one time I got two "spot the differences" scenes in a row annoyed me, but that's because I don't like spot the differences.

Go to: