textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 25, 11 6:18 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Comments for Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE

[Post New]by Nissiah on Dec 25, 11 9:11 AM

Charles! You've come back!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Dec 25, 11 9:19 AM
Nissiah wrote:
Charles! You've come back!

haa! That's what I was thinking too!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 25, 11 11:03 AM

Not the best choice to offer on Christmas Day, yet I do appreciate the sale. Aren't there any games out there that can be exciting, challenging AND not negative or dark themed? Anyway, I will give thanks to BFG for the sale.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 25, 11 12:49 PM
AMAZING GAME!!!!!!!!!! AND a BRAND NEW GAME ON THE SALE?!?!?!

You can't go wrong... snap it up!!!

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Dec 25, 11 3:04 PM
Big Fish, thank you so much, this really is a nice gift to get these collector games on sale. I bought several of them and feel like I have so many presents now i dont know where to begin. I happen to love dark games, in fact they are about the only ones I buy so this is a great treat for me. Thanks again, I'm off to splurge and have fun.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 25, 11 4:34 PM
XtreemNorth wrote:Big Fish, thank you so much, this really is a nice gift to get these collector games on sale. I bought several of them and feel like I have so many presents now i dont know where to begin. I happen to love dark games, in fact they are about the only ones I buy so this is a great treat for me. Thanks again, I'm off to splurge and have fun.

re: Dark Games: "in fact they are about the only ones I buy...">>>> LUCKY FOR YOU that is almost ALL that is offered HERE lately. HEY~~just sayin.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Dec 25, 11 8:46 PM
Seems as if I am the only one here that finds this game extremely disturbing. And to release it on Christmas Day just adds more bad vibes. I am curious about the mind of the person that created this!

[Post New]by michaelchrysdale on Dec 25, 11 9:06 PM
Enjoyed this game very much. Thanks to BFG for putting such a new game on sooo cheap. Happy New Year to you all

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 25, 11 9:48 PM
sleeplady wrote:Seems as if I am the only one here that finds this game extremely disturbing. And to release it on Christmas Day just adds more bad vibes. I am curious about the mind of the person that created this!

Well I get curious about the minds of a lot of devs who produce the gory dark and eerie games, or what were they smoking. And that's no put down to those in the majority who love them. I was hoping for a fun light cheerful game or a sweet fairy tale fantasy game, but those are rare as trends go and come. I don't care for horror movies either but that's my style, I'd rather laugh than cringe.

Best we don't take happenings too personally, as this is a holiday season for many in general or not, and Christmas is celebrated on other dates around the world than 12/25, also a pagan celebration. Actually this game is to be released on Dec 26, Boxing Day, we only got a sneak peak today as a TGT for members. The new release today is a Shaolin mystery, oriental theme, or east Asian to be pc. And, maybe only some time zones saw it on the 25th.

Just saying, I wasn't offended, didn't get my "fun" wish but bought it anyway as I didn't see it any more "disturbing" as many top rated games on BF this year. It's only fictional so one can get as immersed or offended as they choose to be. I got it because it is different than the usual fare, enjoying it so far... hope not too gory for me, but it's half price which is in the holiday spirit for patrons. Now, as much as I love a bargain, I don't do Black Friday, and it's those crazies banging it out in stores with each other and trampling each other who I find highly offensive. But I don't take it personally, I just switch news channels and watch the weather reports. Maybe it is my old age, Live and Let Live isn't just a cliche for me.

btw all the Santa themed games were released these weeks before Christmas to give time for the kids to play (and grownups to get into the spirit of their special time and reason to celebrate). Even an eerie one thrown in repeat of Twisted Dickens Carol even I enjoyed last year. Christmas is what YOU make of it IMHO.

And, I thought it pretty neat that in 3 days 2 new CEs were in on the YULETIDE promo half off. That was a pleasant surprise, not just the old ones. Just 2 weeks ago we got extra punches for all games. Thank you Many of us will have more pc codes to give away than we'll be able to use Jan/Feb

JB1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JB1954 on Dec 26, 11 8:01 AM
I love Big Fish Games thank you so much for all your hard work and fantastic games, and the Christmas present on the CE price is wonderful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everbody hope 2012 is a good one. Keep them coming Big Fish

[Post New]by Persephone77 on Dec 26, 11 12:21 PM
My only complaints about this game is the ending... I know use your imagination blah blah, but what happens to SAM? Do we have to wait a year to find out? Also to the comments about the MINDS of the devs just watch the interview in bonus features! It's all in spoken Russian, but it has English subtitles on the bottom. MagicIndie is and has been my new fav dev since The Fool. Can't wait to see more from them, just hoping they don't turn into ERS and grind out half quality games every few months.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 26, 11 10:42 PM
sleeplady wrote:Seems as if I am the only one here that finds this game extremely disturbing. And to release it on Christmas Day just adds more bad vibes. I am curious about the mind of the person that created this!

More disturbing than MCF EFR??

Count me in the sick and disturbed crowd because I LOVE this game... also love horror flicks. (not the teen scream blood fests the TRUE horror pics old style) Also Sci Fi so I guess I'm a lost cause.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 27, 11 8:27 PM
I would say that after playing this game that it definitely qualifies as creepy. The voice over for Oscar was as good as it gets. Very well done. The music was perfect. I really enjoy these types of games and this one certainly did not disappoint. Thank you BFG

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jan 4, 12 3:16 AM
I just finished playing this CE. In my opinion, this is everything that I was hoping MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst would have been. They have met and exceeded my expectations while, Escape from Ravenhearst was a huge disappointment to me.

It is extraordinary in every way. It has some of the best CE content that I have seen. Mostly, I feel this way because I love the interview with the developers. I wish more games would add things like this to the CE Bonus.

I don't even like creepy games all that much but, this one has made it among my top favorites of all time! I see it more as a thriller as opposed to being just a gory, gross or unpleasant experience.

In fact, it was a pleasure not to have every scene draped with spider webs and disgusting discarded items. I especially enjoyed the colorfulness of them. I prefer this to the usual drab palette that games seem to consist of lately. I wish that I had more time to review it so that I could let the developers know how much I enjoyed it but, I don't. I do hope they can read my comments here.

Many already love their other games for the humor and relief from the darkness. If they ever decide to also put their hand to a good story that isn't so dark and creepy, I think that they could go even further. They have proven they have the skills to do both. If there is light at the end of the tunnel, they may just be that light.

Edited on 04/17/2012 at 8:32:13 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 4, 12 9:25 AM
I'm probably half over with this game, and am loving it. What a good game. It's way creepy and not boring to play. Lots of things to do and places to go. This is definitely one of the better CE's IMO.... and at the cheaper price. woo hoo.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 7, 12 6:03 PM
I am really sorry I purchased this game. I just cannot get into it. You cannot skip puzzles, you must complete them or you cannot move on. I might finish the game, but I don't think I will ever play it again. I finally turned my PC speaker off, because I could not stand to listen to that "voice" anymore; although I did discover that if you click on the "tape" in the upper right corner, you can stop the talking, but then you miss being able to read the words. Several people have stated that this is a great game; it is not by my book. There are several dead bodies in various scenes, that is another turnoff for me.

[Post New]by Adreah on Jan 12, 12 5:07 AM
Is that all it takes to be a villain? Just an unhappy childhood due to abusive parents?
Geez, then half of the humanity should be crazy serial-killers by now.

Anyway, I kinda felt sorry for the guy... i sympathize with villains.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Feb 3, 12 11:12 AM
I loved the art in the "Unknown Oscar" section of the extras with the embalmed Christmas elf, rubber duckie and even poor Felix was embalmed! Hilarious.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Mar 13, 12 11:00 PM
well... conan doyle has been accused of murder (in another game) and now wilde is a serial killer. who knows what's next for the poor dead writers of the world. (really, was all that necessary?)

Go to: