Orchard problems

Orchard problems

[Post New]by motherx2 on Jan 18, 09 12:57 AM
has anyone else had problems loading this game once you download the trial version????

I've downloaded this game from playfirst and had trouble when trying to play it.... so i deleted that file. now i find the same problem when i download it from here..... i'm so ready to scream

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Orchard problems

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Jan 18, 09 1:03 AM
downloads no problems

Just wont open when i click play now, goes blank then tells me unable to initize 3d game exiting !

[Post New]by Squiggles on Jan 18, 09 1:09 AM
Mine opens fine, but the display is whack on full screen size. Its all crammed in the centre so everything is tiny (especially fonts) and the characters are tall and skinny. Anybody else had this?

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Jan 18, 09 1:31 AM
No errors but gosh it's a slow game . they take forever to do anything

[Post New]by saengtawan on Jan 18, 09 4:28 AM
Hello! had the same problem - after dównloading i started the game, but when it was fully loaded the game quit itself. after uninstalling and new download the same problem again!

[Post New]by snohomishcarol on Jan 18, 09 7:17 AM
I have had the same "won't open" problems and I've now downloaded it for the third time (it wasn't the charm). Help us out Big Fish!

[Post New]by BamaGaiJin on Jan 18, 09 8:37 AM
Error initializing DirectX

[Post New]by trishsmith on Jan 18, 09 8:58 AM
I am having the same problem. When the Orchard loads it kicks me out. This is frustrating!

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Jan 18, 09 9:30 AM
No problem installing, but the only way I can get the planting/building options to appear is to turn off "full screen". I have no idea what causes this, but it is incredibly frustrating. Will take a pass on this one.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jan 18, 09 9:31 AM
As a TM lover I am trying the game but so far it seems to run stupid. I can not get through the tutorial level. All the items you need to dig and sow or build the first house disappear while playing. Plus I found myself sit and waiting, wait, wait for this girl digging and harvesting. I think I give it a big miss. I don't play game to wait.......

[Post New]by MissMiver on Jan 18, 09 11:14 AM
I also cannot load the game. Download is fine, starts to load, gets to the bunny screen and then after that it crashes every time. Seemed to say something about the orchard.inf or something close to that.

[Post New]by leepixie on Jan 18, 09 11:17 AM
Squiggles wrote:Mine opens fine, but the display is whack on full screen size. Its all crammed in the centre so everything is tiny (especially fonts) and the characters are tall and skinny. Anybody else had this?

I had a similar thing happen. It opened fine, but it resized the screen to be in the middle of my widescreen monitor and cut off the words at the top. I played through the hour and found that while it is a slow game, it does get better as you play more. I would buy it if they fixed the screen resizing bug.

[Post New]by Mothersire55 on Jan 18, 09 2:31 PM
I would download the game total fine but when I start the game it will go through the credits and when it starts to load up it shuts down. I am not only one who is having problems I sister to look at it to on her computer and it does the same thing.

[Post New]by waterfalls on Jan 18, 09 2:44 PM
leepixie wrote:
I had a similar thing happen. It opened fine, but it resized the screen to be in the middle of my widescreen monitor and cut off the words at the top. I played through the hour and found that while it is a slow game, it does get better as you play more. I would buy it if they fixed the screen resizing bug.

Mine does almost the same except my cuts off at the top and is to the left. I still got the game and it does improve the more you play. I have done all the levels and although some will find it "slow" it does make a change to play a game that you don't feel rushed to complete before time runs out. Makes a nice change when you want to play this type of game but want it to be more sedate then other farming ones (which I also love lol)

PhyllisElaine
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisElaine on Jan 18, 09 3:57 PM
So far it's playing o.k. for me. Haven't tried it on both computers yet though. The only thing I don't like is that it is a slow moving game to me and the graphics are not as good as FarmCraft.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Jan 18, 09 4:49 PM
Thank goodness I'm not the only one! It totally crashes at the bunny screen that says it's loading the orchard. I haven't been able to play even the trial or anything. I have tried it from Iwin and BFG and the same thing happens. I contacted support and they told me to upgrade my DirectX but that didn't do a thing and I've got the latest updates on my graphics. I'm relieved to find out others are having the same problem.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Jan 18, 09 5:00 PM
I tried downloading trial first at playfirst and once it got to the orchard screen it crashed saying some kind of error and to make out report to microsoft. Then I uninstalled it and tried the one at I win and same thing happened there. So waited for BF and downloaded it here but once it installeds it shuts it self off when it gets to the orchard screen taking away time off the trial but I yet havent had a chance to play one sec of this game.
i have direct X 9.0 and i have the dec updated one so not sure whats happening but I would love to at least try this game so far its impossible. Hoping for a fix.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Jan 18, 09 5:02 PM
I tried this game in three diff places and yet still havent had a chance to play this game. here at BF it shuts itself off when it gets to the orchard loading screen. at Playfirst and I Win it gets an error message saying to fill out report to microsoft.
I have the Active X 9.0 with the update Dec version so its not that. I sure hope there is a quick fix for this I would like to at least try the game.

[Post New]by jabberzzy on Jan 19, 09 4:26 AM
Seems to be working fine on my Toshiba laptop, although I only have Windows XP. I think it's supposed to play slow, it's not really like a time management game.

[Post New]by paxers on Jan 19, 09 4:50 AM
Downloaded the game, played it and now I'm enjoying the relaxing no time pressure gameplay. =]

Go to: