bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Reviews for World Mosaics 5

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 26, 11 9:20 AM
Hi fishies!

What did you think of World Mosaics 5? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, and now you can post them right on the game page! For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review.

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Reviews for World Mosaics 5

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Dec 26, 11 9:51 AM
I bought it. I knew even before playing it I wanted it. I am addicted to these kinds of games. This one is holiday themed. I know on some of the last versions people didn't like begin forced to mark tiles that were intended to be left blank. This game you don't have to mark them. It starts off with 10x10s. For those who know how to play you can skip the tutorial. Other then that I am so happy to see this game here today. I can't wait to get going on it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 26, 11 10:30 AM
i love nanograms
but 5 its basically the same gameplay, and a nice waste of time,,,,BUT.......they did the same with it as 4....lots of 10 and 15 grids.a few 20,s and very few 25,s.....nothing larger......

still a nice timewaster, but the 1st 3 in the series got much more challanging..(i bought from the dev the day released, and am finished,

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Dec 26, 11 10:32 AM
Yay!!!!!

I love all the World Mosaics, and this is just as good as WM4! The holiday "fun facts" are actually quite interesting! I'm so glad the TGT is NOT a HOG!!!!

I only had to demo for 5 minutes before buying!!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Dec 26, 11 12:06 PM
bella81762 wrote:i love nanograms
but 5 its basically the same gameplay, and a nice waste of time,,,,BUT.......they did the same with it as 4....lots of 10 and 15 grids.a few 20,s and very few 25,s.....nothing larger......

still a nice timewaster, but the 1st 3 in the series got much more challanging..(i bought from the dev the day released, and am finished,

I hope they will update this version with more content .

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 26, 11 1:25 PM
I picked this one up somewhere else, but I'm glad to see that BFG is making it available here.

I was one of those people who passed on these nonogram-type puzzles for years, thinking that they were either boring or took too much thinking when all I wanted to do was to relax. Then BF offered a World Riddles game as their Daily Deal and I figured, "what the heck, I'll give this genre a try". I have to say, I've since gotten hooked on this type of puzzle.

This games start out easy, and provide a good tutorial, giving you a chance to learn how to play the game and how to use logic to figure out which blocks contain part of the image. Game play consists of trying to figure out which blocks are part of the puzzle's image and which aren't. You are given clues to which blocks are to be filled in, by the numbers on the top of the vertical columns and to the left of the horizontal columns. The games start off easy, with 10 by 10 grids. For example, if the number 10 is shown in the left column by a horizontal row, then you know that all 10 blocks in that row are to be filled in. If the numbers "2 7" are shown, then you know that there is a sequence of 2 filled-in blocks, and a sequence of 7 filled-in blocks in that particular row. There is always a blank space before and after each sequence (unless they start or end a row), so that's where you get your clues as to where other sequences begin and end, if they aren't obvious from the numbering sequence. The grids get progressively larger and larger as the game progresses, with the numbering sequences becoming trickier.

Playing this type of game on the computer is much, much easier than playing it on a piece of paper because it's much easier to correct a mistake - no constant erasing of pencil marks - lol. This game allows for a number of mistakes on each grid. If you exceed the allowable amount, you have to replay the grid. There are also hints if you get stuck. The game is broken into a series of "holidays", so there is text at the beginning of each series that gives you background information about each holiday, so you learn something interesting while playing this game.

I have become addicted to these games, so whenever a new World Mosaics or a new World Riddles comes out, I'm there. For those interested, BF also carries Gemsweeper which is also a nonogram-style game.

Edited on 12/26/2011 at 1:44:50 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 26, 11 1:45 PM
After a hectic holiday, I'm tired. And after that CE sale, I'm up to my neck in IHOGs! The peaceful gameplay of WM5 is just what the doctor ordered.

I have all the others so of course I got this one too. The blue board is soothing to the eye. No major changes except the theme which takes us through 12 months of holidays. The backgrounds and music change to suit each holiday. Listening to the peaceful music while working out the puzzles is so relaxing! The notebook contains little bits of trivia for each holiday.

There are 12 holidays, with 12 puzzles for each holiday. It appears it may be set up like WM4 -- after completing the 12, the center may open up for more puzzles -- but remains to be seen if that's how this one is designed. The Bonus area right now only shows 10 puzzles for "Kindergarten". But if it goes through all the grades K-12 with 10 each that will be great.

Bella, I'm with you! I wish WM5 had larger boards -- more of them and alot earlier in the game. The first 3 holidays were all 10x10 boards. Finally, the 4th holiday opened up with 15x15. Still, I love the series and find it incredibly relaxing, so I'm happy...and off to play.

[Post New]by ps2fan on Dec 26, 11 3:59 PM
I don't usually post in forums much. I brought World Mosaics 5 elsewhere after playing the first 4. The first ones caught my attention not only with the puzzles but with the little stories as well. While the trivia can be interesting, I just find the lack of story makes the game a bit boring. Was hard for me to stay interested after doing a few puzzles. Still a great puzzle game, no regrets at all on buying this one

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GLITCH WITH THIS GAME? HOW DID YOU FIX IT?

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Dec 26, 11 5:08 PM
( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS. )

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE HELP US. A LOT OF US ARE HAVING THE SAME TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH THE GAME. THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN IS ALL BLACK AND JERKY AND WON'T PLAY. IT IS FINE WHEN YOU FIRST LOG IN, BUT THE GAME SCREEN GOES NUTS.

I TRIED WINDOW MODE BUT IT DOESN'T HELP. DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM AT FIRST, AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT? I POSTED ON THE TECHNICAL PAGE AND EVERYONE ELSE SAYS THEY HAVE THE SAME THING. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 26, 11 5:26 PM
I like this game. I have already played and finished all other World Mosaic game and highly enjoyed all of them. For me its a definete buy.

sxygrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sxygrn on Dec 26, 11 6:30 PM
I don't post much but I read all of the posts for every new game release. I have to say that I found this one to be boring!!!! Or maybe I am getting tired of the same thing over and over again. My favorite one was World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tale. I think it is because it gave you something to look forward to since you had to finish the mosaic before continuing with the story. And it brought back a lot of childhood memories. However, if you like World Mosaics you will probably have to add this one to your collection. But it is a no buy for me.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Dec 26, 11 7:39 PM
Well I could see it's allure if you cross-stitch. The designs are easy enough.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 26, 11 7:48 PM
I agree with bella. The first 3 WM were a challenge. I was happy when I saw that WM4 came out, but was disappointed when it was just a bunch of 10 x 10 and 15 x 15 puzzles. Then today I was surprised to see WM5, but disappointed when it was the same gameplay as WM4. there is just no challenge in it for me right now.Sorry, but this is a no buy from me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 26, 11 9:22 PM
Hi there,
I posted this in the other official forum for this game, but thought it might also be relevant here.
Well the 4th game was supposed to have been the last and this one might be my last purchase of this franchise.
Don't get me wrong, these games are a delightful change from HOGS etc, and well worth the investment as they have great replay value (but not the "Go For Gold" incentive of the World Riddles games).
However, even though I am a big fan of these types of games, I have to admit that the most interesting thing for me was the historical information about the items until I got to Christmas and the larger grids.
I trialled this from the dev's site and was ever so grateful that I hadn't deleted all of the game files in Roaming as I was able to continue on from where I left off, having almost finished the 15X15 grids - too many of them for experienced players, but at least they have ditched the 5X5.
I also don't remember being as distracted by the "sparkles" filling the clues before - or is this just me?
Cheers

[Post New]by raynestormrn on Dec 27, 11 7:56 AM
like it, will be getting it in january, as i've many full punchcards, and don't think i'll be able to buy 6 game between now then jan for a fifth punchcard.

These games are fun, I have WM4, and one of the world riddles. I like how WM doesn't force you to mark all the unused spots like riddles does, and how it gives you a tile count when you click and drag, so you don't have to count each square you cover.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Dec 27, 11 10:30 AM
I really do think I am talking to myself, but I'll have another go. I didn't buy 4 and I wont buy 5, you know why?? because I LOATHE the stupid annoying tile counter. I am able to count, and that is just distracting and annoying!!!!

I asked very politely last time if they could include an option to disable it. No reply. I don't expect a reply this time either, but I am so fed up with games I love being dumbed down and ruined.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Dec 27, 11 10:48 AM
fiobo, you can turn the counter off. in the options.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on Dec 27, 11 12:09 PM
Hi
I am quite disappointed. I own all 5 games and I must say that No. 5 does not convince me. There are no 25x25 puzzles and in the bonus part there are instead of the 12 foreseen parts only 10.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Dec 28, 11 11:53 AM
I love the mosaics and will buy as long as they keep bringing them out! Don't mind the tile counters at all as I tend to just jump in, play one or two of the games and then go off to do what I should have been doing in the first place.
I also found the background very soothing to the eye.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Dec 29, 11 8:36 PM
i prefer the world riddles games to the world mosaics
don't like the pushpins, much prefer the darkened tiles
don't like that i can't use the right mouse click to "pushpin" - which is what i'm used to with WR - kept making the wrong action on the tiles because the right click was merely a toggle instead of the other action

Go to: