bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 27, 11 12:15 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 12:15:19 PM PST

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Reviews for Monument Builder: Eiffel Tower

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Dec 27, 11 1:42 AM
I really couldn't get into this game.

After playing for 32 minutes I noticed that I was looking at the clock a lot to see when the hour was up - obviously a sign that I am bored - sorry - no buy.

You seem to be spending a lot of time collecting supplies but not actually building very much at all.

Buggletta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Buggletta on Dec 27, 11 2:20 AM
I agree, a lot of collecting goods which do replenish quickly but the only building that seems to be done is of industrial buildings to collect your supplies from and repairing or upgrading roads. I played 45 mins of the demo, and decided a no buy for me.

[Post New]by mbrobertson on Dec 27, 11 2:25 AM
besides the technical issues, I found the game very remideal and mundane. I am very easy to please and like many types of games but this one seemed very simple and out of date. Plus the cursor issue is very obnoxious. This is game is definitely NOT for me.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 27, 11 2:31 AM
I am not completely sure whether I like this game or not. On the one hand I love building type games but on the other hand I find seeing the end of level results 'boing' onto the page as though they are on a piece of elastic rather annoying.

Initially I was a bit confused (yes I know it doesn't take much so thank you for pointing that out ) because you have to cut 3 trees and deliver 10 scaffolds so you send 3 carts of wood into the factory but only one cart emerges and it is only when it crosses the finish line you find that you have actually delivered 10 scaffolds so did I use 1 cart of wood or all 3?

In some levels you can build your own stone, coal mines etc and when you do it is just a case of clicking each cart as it emerges to send it to headquarters while in other levels the stone and coal has to be purchased via your headquarters so you will need gold which can be obtained from a bank as in RE.

On level 8 strategy comes into play and you have to decide the order of doing things because if you don't do the right thing first you can't complete the level ... says she who wasn't paying attention and had to replay it 3 times before she twigged .

I was trying to play the game slowly to see if you could advance to the next level if you didn't complete in time and I can't answer that question definitely but I can say that I got 6 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze out of those 8 levels. Looking at the screen where the building is taking place it doesn't look as though I have made much progress but I see to recall something about support beam no. 4 so I would guesstimate that this game should have at least 30 levels but I really have no idea.

I will wait for further reviews before deciding whether to buy or whether to wait for it to be a Daily Deal.

C

ETA ... see Page 3.

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 6:16:03 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 27, 11 3:21 AM
CHERB!...you stated the same ideas i had on this game of 'confusion', 'boredom', and 'what the heck to do next? ' ... concerning this game

Very first time i had to go to options and do the 'full screen'!... then players are given 'numbers', seemed a lot of 'clicking' with not a thing 'happening'? ...

BUT...

i did learn a lot about the Eiffel Tower in the hour that i did the demo!

Not a buy for me.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Dec 27, 11 3:57 AM
First off I didn't like being a number and not a name. Second of all I found the constant clicking just boring as there was no building happening. I couldn't figure out how many carts would get you the amount of production needed. I also started the game not in full screen.
Unfortunately it is a definite no buy for me. I wouldn't even purchase it if it was a daily deal. I feel badly because of all the work that went into it. Sorry.

ladymoon65
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ladymoon65 on Dec 27, 11 4:17 AM
I agree with all the other reviewers.Very disappointing game.

Not for me.

I love TM games.My all time favourite is Virtual City. I would like No 3 to have a sandbox and for the Emergency Vehicles to run on the roads.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 27, 11 6:02 AM
Wow ! This is sad really sad. Somebody should call Santa and have him come pick this game up and take it to the island of misfit toys because clearly that is where this belongs. I've played my share of bad games in my time but this one takes the cake this has to be the worst game I've seen the graphics are absolutely atrocious, my four year old nephew could have done better and that is being nice. Being a huge fan of time management games I was really excited to see one this morning and I hate being so negative to my favorite genre and I appreciate the effort the developers put in the game but this one definitely needs to go back to the drawing board for sure. I lasted about 15 minutes at best aside from the horrible graphics that look worse than the very first atari game the so called voice's were pitiful it was worse than Charlie Brown's school teacher at least she was funny this sounded like someone had a record going on extra slow speed. The game itself ran very slow as did the game play. The graphics are so bad they don't even look like they are completed they are all pixel looking even the custom cursor looks that way. Long story short this game should never even make it to the daily deal. Sorry dev's I really hate to be so negative especially if this is the developer's first game but really this one needs to be trashed and started all over again. If there is a worst game category of 2011 this one will get first place for sure.

Edited on 12/27/2011 at 8:31:22 AM PST

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Dec 27, 11 7:54 AM
Graphics: SUCK!!!

Will NOT buy this one, heck I do not think I will even finish the demo before I delete it

SEND it back to the programmers!

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 27, 11 7:59 AM
I've been really, really wanting a good TM/Strategy game and really wanted to like this game. Butttttttttttttt............

1) Player A, B, C or 1,2,3 just doesn't seem to have a personal touch.

2) There is nothing cute about the game at all to make a player really want to continue and see what new items are introduced.

3) The broken roads and the items to pick up seem to blend into the background and are hard to see.

4) The music and the speaking are obnoxious rather than adding anything to the game.

5) The tutorial is confusing at best and on the last level I played, I needed gold to purchase iron and even though I had 200 gold it wouldn't let me purchase iron.

Normally, I'm way too easy to please when it comes to strategy/road building games as long as things aren't bouncing all over the place, but this game is just too lacking in every area for me to even consider purchasing. The idea behind the game is a good one, but that's all that's good about the game.

We really need more road building/strategy/TM games with a twist. Especially those of us that are sick of all things hidden object. Sadly though, this one doesn't deserve a day by itself, when Island Tribe 3 only gets a soft release. That one is FAR better in all ways that this excuse of a game. Sorry devs but you've released a stinker.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

I LIKE IT!

[Post New]by moesart on Dec 27, 11 8:52 AM
I hated it at first until I took away the game curser. It was awkward. But I love the stratedy involved. You have to pay attention to what's needed to make beams and scaffolds etc. You have to make sure you can use all the roads that come into the city and leave. It was a buy for me!

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on Dec 27, 11 9:20 AM
I'm with you on this moesart, i like the game too and will be buying!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 27, 11 10:22 AM
not to good of a game not my cup of TEA

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Dec 27, 11 10:26 AM
I agree with the general opinion. It's a no buy for me and I do love TM games. Sorry!

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Dec 27, 11 10:51 AM
I guess I really am an oddball - I liked this game and am buying it.

The music is appropriate to the time period and setting, and both my husband (who was not playing, but was in the room with me) and I enjoyed it. It is a little repetitive, but all looping game music is repetitive. It is well-performed, though!

It is not as fast-paced as other games of this genre, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes I like to play things that aren't as frantic.

Not every game has to be "cute." I played all of the Island Tribe games including the new IT3 that just came out, as well as all of the RE, Time Builder and MKFTP games, and enjoyed all of them. This isn't those games, but it's not meant to be.

I really enjoyed the historical facts about the Eiffel Tower that are displayed during the load screens. I have finished about 10-11 levels of the game, and none of the facts have repeated! Yay! Then again, I enjoy learning about history and construction of various structures - again, no everyone cares about that, and that's fine - but I found it an added plus.

I would encourage everyone to try before you buy, but I don't think the game is as bad as some have said. I would encourage the developers (on their next release) to allow you to put your name in, instead of "Player 1," etc.; people do like to personalize their player names.

I am buying this because I like it - but also to encourage more developers to develop TM games. I also enjoy HOGs, but I get bored with them after awhile.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Dec 27, 11 11:22 AM
Not for me either.. better luck next time!

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Dec 27, 11 12:53 PM
Since this is a combination that I haven't seen before I thought I'd give it a try(Anuman and TM).

I have the same complaints listed above but think that perhaps this is the way for Anuman to go. I don't play their H0's because of the clunky game play but this was better. Now if they just were a bit clearer with what is accomplished. It's not that clear that all you are doing is collecting supplies and that the 'real building' is going on on the map between levels. At least as far as I've played.

Maybe I'll get this as a DD.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Dec 27, 11 12:54 PM
Yeah, this is a no buy for me. The music was awful, the graphics sub par, and there was no reasoning as to why you had to do certain things [e.g., to produce metal beams you had to purchase them through the main workers area, rather than shipping items from the mine/quarry in order to produce steel]. The instructions were not clear as to how to obtain objectives. And I do not prefer to refer to myself as "A" "B" or "C" in terms of user names. Was this a Beta version that was never improved upon? I just finished 8 levels, and my daughter looked at me and said, "Mom, you're even putting me to sleep."

I would not recommend this game to anyone.

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on Dec 27, 11 12:57 PM
Worst building game ever.

Go to: