zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Facts about the built-in RE2 CE Strategy Guide/Walkthrough

[Post New]by zahnprod on Dec 28, 11 5:55 PM
Hello all,

I have been reluctant to post here because I think the Strategy Guide built into the BFG CE release of this game stands on its own, but from the number of threads asking for help with various levels of the Adventure mode, I though it might be helpful to address several issues. How do I know these things? Because I wrote the Strategy Guide (it's in the Credits).

YES, there is a built-in Walkthrough for the Adventure levels. It can be accessed in two different ways: (1) From the "Extras" menu on the main screen, click on "Walkthrough" (requiring an exit from the level you are playing) or (2) within any level, click on the "?" button in the upper right, next to the "Tasks" bar (takes you to the "walkthrough" for that level, pauses the timer, and returns you to the level when you exit).

YES, the Guide will help you with completing the Expert mode of the Game. The steps work for Expert Mode (after you have completed the Adventure with Gold on all levels) and were tested to work in Expert Mode. The goals in Expert mode are the same, but the timer runs much faster to provide a greater challenge.

NO, You don't have to get 3 Stars on every level in Adventure mode in order to play the Bonus Challenge Levels.

NO, BFG did not write the Walkthrough/Guide, so it's not helpful to contact them about the steps or strategies. The game Developer asked for permission to include our Guide in the BFG CE release of Royal Envoy 2 CE, and we agreed. We also have tips and tricks and videos for the Bonus Challenge Levels, the Achievements, and Reference Guide to the entire game. We can't publish the site links here, but you can find them easily enough on any web search for "Royal Envoy 2 Strategy Guide" (including quotes).

NO, there is not one particular way you have to complete each level. The Guide suggests a strategy that works, but other strategies (including those posted here in the Forums) may work also.

"Happiness" in level goals is a minimum, not an exact number. If the Goal is "500 Happiness" and you have 550 or 600, you should still meet the goal. Same for amount of Wood/Food/Gold, etc. There are a few specific Achievements where you need to get an exact number, but not in basic level goals.

IF you are experiencing Technical Difficulties ("TD"s) with the BFG game, please contact BFG Customer Service, not the Developer, because some of the TDs only exist in the BFG version of the game.

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 12/29/2011 at 3:28:14 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Facts about the built-in RE2 CE Strategy Guide/Walkthrough

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 29, 11 9:16 PM
Thanks for your hard work, it's a very good guide to go with a very good game. I almost wish it wasn't there because I'm always tempted to look at it instead of figuring stuff out on my own. Looking forward to Royal Envoy 3.

bevm2997
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bevm2997 on Dec 29, 11 9:36 PM
Thank you zahnprod, the walkthrough guide is awesome !! I think it is way better than the first one, mostly because you have put the "trick" at the top, so I don't always have to read the whole thing to get me over being stuck..

GothicJawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by GothicJawa on Dec 30, 11 3:45 AM
Thanks from me too for all the hard work zahnprod. I like how you've updated the guide from the first game, such as putting the tips and tricks at the top. I kind of see the guide as a bit of a security blanket, as in try to go without but know that it's there if you really need it. I had absolutely no trouble in getting all of the gold stars.

As for Expert, well I admit that one has me stuck. I can't get three stars on even the first level because I run out by mere seconds each time. But oh well, it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy.

Thanks again for the guide

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Dec 30, 11 5:25 AM
the walkthrough is brilliant - and now i know you get through to it while on the level (hadn't worked out that bit) it's even better!

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Dec 30, 11 7:43 AM
Many thanks for those kind words about the Guide. It's there to help you when you get stuck, and if is doing that, then all the hard work was worth it.

The steps should work in Expert mode, too, but it is sometimes a matter of mere seconds if you are trying to get 3 Stars.

One general hint that may help is: try to do things furthest away from the Castle first, then work back towards the Castle so that the Workers have less distance to travel. For example: if you have to build 3 houses, built the farthest one first.

Sawmills and Markets should always be built near the Castle, when possible, even if you plan to demolish them later.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 30, 11 10:23 AM
The Strategy Guide/Walkthrough is now included in this game from the developer's site. If you purchased direct from the developer, you can download the new update that includes this great guide. There is a link in their blog entry for the update.

I just downloaded and installed over my previous installation, and it works great. My game save is accurate. It remembered my registration code. I love the "?" right in the level to access help. The only problem is that I may be too tempted to click "?" instead of working to figure it out on my own.

@zahnprod, thanks for the great guide and website with all the 'extra' info. I enjoyed reading it.

GothicJawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by GothicJawa on Dec 31, 11 2:37 AM
zahnprod wrote:The steps should work in Expert mode, too, but it is sometimes a matter of mere seconds if you are trying to get 3 Stars.

Oh I know they should work in Expert. I think either I'm just too slow or my computer loves to antagonise me =p

Thanks for the additional tip, I'll try that and see how I go. Thanks again =)

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 31, 11 8:04 AM
mcurty wrote:The Strategy Guide/Walkthrough is now included in this game from the developer's site. If you purchased direct from the developer, you can download the new update that includes this great guide. There is a link in their blog entry for the update.

I just downloaded and installed over my previous installation, and it works great. My game save is accurate. It remembered my registration code. I love the "?" right in the level to access help. The only problem is that I may be too tempted to click "?" instead of working to figure it out on my own.

@zahnprod, thanks for the great guide and website with all the 'extra' info. I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks Mcurty. I saw that, but didn't want to download it because I thought I would lose my progress. Will go get it now.
Thanks again zahnprod for the great guide!

[Post New]by lorikgator on Jan 7, 12 6:01 PM
Truly an excellent walkthrough and I hope BFG partners with you again for future strategy guides! In your work developing it, did you come up with any hints for winning the snowball fight in two rounds? I've tried over and over again and it seems it's almost set up specifically not to register your shots as well the second round! I'm sure it's just my frustrated paranoia, but I would really love to get that "Unsurpassable Accuracy" achievement!

desertdusk
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by desertdusk on Oct 7, 12 7:37 PM
I'm with you lorikgator. I've achieved everything except that doggone snowball accuracy. I've played both levels suggested by the strategy guide, days on end. I guess the only way I'm ever going to get it is to completely memorize the order in which the guys pop up and be ready for each one without a miss. Pretty tricky. The strategy guide tells you the levels to play and then you're on your own. This one is definitely an endurance challenge.

[Post New]by electrcspacegrl on Dec 10, 12 10:25 AM
How do I download this update? I went to the [Removed by Moderator] blog and I can't find it. I could really use the walkthrough. Help?

Edited on 12/10/2012 at 11:40:45 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 10, 12 11:43 AM
Hi electrcspacegrl,

We go over how to get the updated Mac version of this game in our announcement thread here.

If you have any trouble installing the new version, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Happy Gaming!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: