Orchard - How do you save the game?

[Post New]by mrspotato802 on Jan 18, 09 11:35 AM
when I am in the middle of a level I can't seem to save my progress.Does anyone know how to?

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Orchard - How do you save the game?

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Jan 18, 09 1:05 PM
I don't think you can save it in the middle of a level. But when you quit after finishing the level and when you restart the game you find the new level you'll play. You can replay previous levels as well.

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jan 18, 09 6:14 PM
Just to clarify, YES you can save in the middle of a level "map" I did so several times and always came back to where I was when I clicked the "Menu" button and then the "Quit" button.

Unless you've tested it, don't say you can't until you know for sure. This game, no matter where you are, using the quit button brings you back to where you were ...

livat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by livat on Jan 19, 09 3:01 AM
I have the same problem, I have to start from the beginning every time.

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on Jan 19, 09 3:42 AM
There is no save option and when I leave at the mid of a level and come back the game starts from the begining of that level. I experienced it many times and that's why I've replied that way.

[Post New]by duncandakota on Jan 19, 09 7:25 AM
I have the same issue. I cannot save where I am and come right back to that. If I am in the middle of a level, and quit, it will put back to the beginning of the level, when I re-enter the game, which is unfortunate.

[Post New]by auracounts on Jan 19, 09 9:54 AM
Same problem. I have tried using the quit button as well as the return to main menu button. Every single time, I find myself starting from scratch. Unless this issue is fixed soon, I will probably be submitting for a refund, since I used a credit to purchase this game.

Some people are apparently starting in the middle of the level, and I have not even gotten that option. I got fairly far in the levels, too. My game starts from the tutorial every single time.

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 9:55:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Millie122 on Jan 19, 09 5:20 PM
I'm having the same problem, and it makes me very sad! Are we all using the same OS? I'm on Windows XP. Also, I still have to 60-minute trial version (I don't want to pay for it if I have to start the tutorial every time). I take it that the problem continues even when you purchase the complete version?

Also, I don't fully understand the "levels", maybe partially because I haven't gotten very far. It seems like as soon as I get started and hire a few workers, it's on to a new plot of land and I start the process over with new "goals". Is there ever a point when you have your land and everything and you just do what you choose with it? Otherwise I really like the game, compared to games like Alice Greenfingers and the other farming games on BigFish. If these two complaints I have aren't fixable, does anyone know of a comparable game that doesn't have these issues?

[Post New]by Millie122 on Jan 19, 09 6:15 PM
I solved my problem regarding starting over! I downloaded the full version, and now it does automatically save my place, not even just the level. So just in case other people having this problem are still using the trial version, it DOES improve (or has for me) when you get the full version. I still am not sure about the levels (my second complaint in my last post), but I think I probably had not really gotten far enough into the game to tell. Now that I don't have to start over every time, I think I see where the game is going.

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Jan 20, 09 8:44 AM
Millie122 wrote:I solved my problem regarding starting over! I downloaded the full version, and now it does automatically save my place, not even just the level. So just in case other people having this problem are still using the trial version, it DOES improve (or has for me) when you get the full version. I still am not sure about the levels (my second complaint in my last post), but I think I probably had not really gotten far enough into the game to tell. Now that I don't have to start over every time, I think I see where the game is going.

As to levels, there are 7 'chapters' in the story mode. Once you complete that you can do untimed which lets you do whatever you want, if that's what you were referring to.

I never noticed an issue with saving -I bought the game and didn't usually quit out until I reached the end of a chapter.

Edited on 01/20/2009 at 8:46:09 AM PST

[Post New]by Kelandra on Jan 31, 09 1:17 PM
I have the full version. Every time I quit the game it takes me back to the tutorial when I restart. I played until through the 3rd level and I had restart. I don't know if I have it in me to do over.

Is there any way to choose a level to start at?

Thanks!

Gnome44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Gnome44 on Jan 31, 09 9:28 PM
I made it to level 2 on the free trial and then it closed the game and told me to buy it. when I bought it and started it up again I had to restart level 2 but other than that I've had no problems saving/restarting the game

[Post New]by abercrombielovex on Aug 13, 09 12:26 PM
It should automatically save after you quit.

pokkies
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by pokkies on Sep 3, 09 4:36 AM
When you want to leave your Orchard, click on quit.
When you start again, click on start game and on the next screen make sure your choose the [u]Continue Game option in the bottom left hand corner.

If you want to see where you are on your tasks, double click in the middle of the tasks on top and it will bring up a pop up screen that will tell how much you have done and still need to do.

Edited on 10/02/2009 at 6:03:37 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 18, 12 6:18 PM
I was on the fence as to whether I was going to enjoy it, and I went back in w/ 21 minutes of demo to go. There wasn't a Continue Game option; the intro story boards just came up again.

I think the game must be just a bit buggy. Not buying.

Go to: